Banned From Disney?

ban a child molester?? No, a child molester or someone waving a gun should be in jail.
Someone smoking drugs at WDW should be banned.

OF COURSE THEY SHOULD GO TO JAIL!!! They will get out sooner or later..... Dont you think they should be banned too?????

But 14 years old is a juvenile. Would YOU want to be punished for LIFE for a small infraction you did as a MINOR??? (maybe you were a perfect minor., but I wasn't. I made some dumb decisions.) I'm not talking about school shootings or murder, were talking about someone smoking something they shouldn't have been. Regular cigarettes (marlboro, etc) are more addictive than heroin I'm told, and they are legal. Here again, I don't, and have never did drugs, but I have friends who have. Marijuana is illegal because of taxes. Regular cigarettes aren't much better. They can still kill you from cancer.
And last I heard marijuana is now legal in some states for certain uses. Granted, I wouldn't want myself or my children breathing the fumes, but I don't want them breathing in cigarette smoke either, and its all over WDW. Though it isn't supposed to be either, and I don't see the CMs doing anything about it. I watched smokers walk right by CMs on my last trip and they weren't in designated areas either.

But I think we're both getting a bit OT here, so I'm unsubscribing before things get sticky.:thumbsup2 I think the emphasis was how would they know if they reentered; not a moral debate on what should cause park banning. I should have considered that more before my post.

Hey MG, nice avatar! I felt the same way about the child molestor and gun waving comment when I read it. Jail, then bannishment. I would assume that Disney does not condone molesting and gun waving.

SelfEmployedDebtFree: I suppose the theme park would forgive a minor underage theft at some point. Considering you were not an adult at the time your record is cleansed so I doubt you would have any issue getting back in.

Wasn't the guy who swam across to Discovery Island in the dark and blogged about it years later banned for life after the story came out?

There is a story in The Dark Side of Disney about how one of the author's friends got banned from the parks. As a teenager, he jumped over the turnstile at the entrance and got caught by security and banned for life.

Years later, as a respectable adult, he was making a hotel reservation to go to a hotel on property with his wife. The computer must have cross-referenced his name, the CM asked he had ever lived at his prior address, and when he answered yes, they informed him he was banned for life and would be arrested if he showed up on property.

In my personal experience, ticket scammers would be "tresspassed" (Disney lingo for banned). These are folks who stand in the parking lot offering to buy peoples' used-up tickets for a few bucks then go upgrade them at the Vacation Planner's booths to add days. It's pretty obvious when they do it because they can't even name the parks the ticket was used at previously. One of the protocols we had was when someone comes to add several days to a used-up ticket was to ask them what parks they went to the last day or two and they'd try to guess but botch it massively.

There is a story in The Dark Side of Disney about how one of the author's friends got banned from the parks. As a teenager, he jumped over the turnstile at the entrance and got caught by security and banned for life.

Years later, as a respectable adult, he was making a hotel reservation to go to a hotel on property with his wife. The computer must have cross-referenced his name, the CM asked he had ever lived at his prior address, and when he answered yes, they informed him he was banned for life and would be arrested if he showed up on property.

Newmeyer!

Being "trespassed" is not Disney lingo. It is a legal term. When a person commits a crime on private property, even if the owner does not press charges they, can ban the person from their property. This banning is actually performed by the local sheriff or police; violation of this banning is a violation of law in itself.

And a crime can be something as simple as jumping over a turnstile is "theft of service", so is shoplifting, assault, battery, etc.

One of the protocols we had was when someone comes to add several days to a used-up ticket was to ask them what parks they went to the last day or two and they'd try to guess but botch it massively.

....then I'd get them after you @ DTD.

It was always entertaining catching those folks...

I actually work with someone who knows a family who's child was banned from Disney Cruise Lines. He was so bad the day cares couldn't even keep him anymore. He had to stay with his parents for the rest of the trip. They were informed that their names were being input into the system and they were allowed to travel with Disney cruises again but not the child. Since you have to have a passenger list for cruises this I'm sure is an easy thing to keep track of. Not sure how that would work as far as the parks go.

My husband, as a teen, was once banned from our local theme park. He had attached a roll of toilet paper on the back of the minirail :rolleyes2

He got an anual pass the next year by changing his name from Patrick to Patrice. Let's just say it wasn't very effective.

I think banning a teen for life is a little harsh. Some teens do very stupid stuff and ends up growing up and becoming wiser. A 7 years ban sounds just perfect.

I heard a story from a CM of a woman who was on a Disney bus on her way to meet her husband and child for dinner at the Contemporary. Apparently she was running late and kept screaming and cursing at the bus driver to go faster and not to stop [even though he is required to stop at the other resorts]. He warned her several times and finally radioed for security. At the next stop security came on board and removed her from the bus. The CM told me she was banned for life for that. Sadly her child was 5 at the time. Imagine never being able to go back to Disney cause Mom was a jerk. I asked how they enforce it and she said the lady could return if nothing was ever booked in her name and no one recognized her.

Got it from the head mouse. They put a collar around your neck you never can take off. Attached to it is a zapper that is tuned to a set frequency. Battery never dies. Come near any entrance and zap!! After three attemps to enter then you are put into "It's a small world" for eight hours followed by a ride on splash mountain without a log.Try it a fourth time then it really gets ugly. Won't go into details.Something about becoming the 100th one.

one year we heard that two women got into a fist fight and therefore banned. eeek. i would hate to be banned from wdw. it's the only thing that keeps me alive. :rotfl:

one year we heard that two women got into a fist fight and therefore banned. eeek. i would hate to be banned from wdw. it's the only thing that keeps me alive. :rotfl:

You'd be surprised how much fighting actually goes on. The heat, stress, crowds, etc. bring out the worst in people.

Got it from the head mouse. They put a collar around your neck you never can take off. Attached to it is a zapper that is tuned to a set frequency. Battery never dies. Come near any entrance and zap!! After three attemps to enter then you are put into "It's a small world" for eight hours followed by a ride on splash mountain without a log.Try it a fourth time then it really gets ugly. Won't go into details.Something about becoming the 100th one.

Yikes! That is too George Orwell "1984" for me

Wow interesting thread! I guess I never thought of people being banned. I can certainly understand it in certain cases. Interesting to think about though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter