Banking question

jdkdorn

Disneyholic and SSR/BCV DVC Member
We are buying 250 points, with a September use year, and will be taking a trip in Jan 2004 that will cost 214 points and a trip in Oct 2004 that will take 214 points. Now here's the question:

If I have a September use year I can bank until March, right?

If I bank do those points need to be used by the end of the next year(2004)?

Thanks
Judy

Yes, banked points need to be used in the use year into which they were banked.

With a September use year your banking rules are as follows:
  • Up to 100% of your points can be banked by February 28
  • Up to 50% of your points can be banked by May 31
  • Up to 25% of your points can be banked by June 30

Alright, let me see if I understand this banking points thing correctly? B/c there is only 36 pts left (250-214), and 36 is less than 25% of the original points, the remaining 36 pts can be banked as late as June 30th without penalty. Is my logic correct? Thanks. I have already reread the post and see that the example I'm giving isn't the exact original question, sorry. (I was assuming two different use years when it's actually the same with all points banked from the same year.) Is my hypothetical example true?

It's important to keep use years straight. In the OP we're talking about two different use years.

For a SEPTEMBER use year, the January 2004 vacation is part of their 2003 use year. The October 2004 vacation is part of their 2004 use year.

In chart form it looks like this:

<b>Year.....Vacation Dates</b>
2002.....Sep 1, 2002 thru Aug 31, 2003
2003.....Sep 1, 2003 thru Aug 31, 2004
2004.....Sep 1, 2004 thru Aug 31, 2005

For a September use year, you can bank 100% of your points by the following Feb 28th.

Now I'll rephrase the next two. You can bank <b>or already have in the bank</b> 50% of your annual points by the following May 31st.

You can bank <b>or already have in the bank</b> 25% of your annual points by the following June 30th.

So, if you have a 250 point contract, let's say by Feb 28th you bank 200 points. When May 31st comes you may NOT bank any additional because the max for May 31st is 50% or 125 points and you already have 200 banked.

2nd example, suppose you bank 50 points prior to Feb 28th. Now when May 31st comes around you have only 50 points banked, but you're allowed to have 50%, or 125 points banked, so you may bank an additional 75 points to bring your total to 125 points (50%)

As to YearLightBuzz's question, if you had 250 points, spent 214 points leaving 36 points, and have no points banked at all, then you have until June 30th (for September use year points) to bank them because you're allowed 25% at that time which would be 62 points (MS rounds DOWN). So you could bank up to 62 points which covers all the 36 points in question.

Hope this answers your question without getting too long.

Remember all examples above are for a SEPTEMBER use year. The banking dates for all other use years are different.

Bill

Originally posted by yearlightbuzz
(I was assuming two different use years when it's actually the same with all points banked from the same year.)

I assume you are talking about banking points from the same year not trying to Bank points that are already banked. Banking is a 1 time function.

:confused: How many times can I use bank in one sentence:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!