Banking cancelled trip pts?

Discussion in 'DVC Member Services' started by Fantasmic303, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Fantasmic303

Fantasmic303 <font color=blue>Is interested in a Disney Career.

Can you tell me if DVC pts from a cancelled reservation can be banked? For example, if I book a June trip using points in my Sept 2012 UY and then realize in March that I won't be making the trip and cancel the reservation (before the banking deadline), can I bank them for use in 2013? Or am I required to use them in the 2012 UY?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. marsh0013

marsh0013 i want to drive the zamboni

As long as you aren't within the 31 day period before the trip, and as long as you are before your banking deadline, you can surely bank any points from a cancelled trip. So yes, in the scenario below, you would be fine. Booking trips early in your use year gives you the most flexibility.

4. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

This is why the correct UY based on your favorite travel times can be important. During your years of ownership there is going to be a time when you are forced to cancel a vacation.

:earsboy: Bill

5. CaptDadSparrow

CaptDadSparrow Mouseketeer

I was also told DVD takes unforeseen things like this on a case by case basis.

6. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Unofficially MS has granted a one time banking exemption but it depends on who you talk to.

As we all know Disney can change their policies at will and past exemptions are no guarantee of a future exemption.

The best bet is to choose the UY that gives you some protection just in case.

:earsboy: Bill

7. KAT4DISNEY

KAT4DISNEY Glad to be a test subject

My mother passed away less than a week prior to a trip. She was on the reservation to go with us. No exceptions were made. Some have gotten exceptions and some haven't and it's nothing to count on receiving.

But for the OP it isn't a problem as long as they cancel 31 days prior to their trip and while they are still in their banking window.

8. hidingmickey

hidingmickey wuteva

Say it isn't soooo! I don't ever want to have to cancel a trip!!! Nooooooo!