Bandanas on the Magic?

wwwosie

Mom by Day - Disney Freak by Night
Hi!
I have tried to find this answer to no avail. If I understand correctly they don't give out Bandanas for Pirate Night on the Wonder anymore.
Do they still do it on the Magic? Just wondering whether I need to bring some or not.
TIA!pirate:

Yes they still give out the bandana's on the Magic for Pirate night.

I just went on May 16th.

Just something to consider....

It might be possible that each ship has passed them out until they were out of inventory. Frankly, I cannot imagine that they would, in the end, not have consistency on something like this between the two ships. So, if I were you and had some bandanas already, I would pack them "just in case". It's not like they take up much room. pirate:

Just something to consider....

It might be possible that each ship has passed them out until they were out of inventory. Frankly, I cannot imagine that they would, in the end, not have consistency on something like this between the two ships. So, if I were you and had some bandanas already, I would pack them "just in case". It's not like they take up much room. pirate:

An excellent point! Thanks! But now I have to find them...:lmao:

An excellent point! Thanks! But now I have to find them...:lmao:

Oh darn! Sorry!! Do you have a Hobby Lobby in your area? I'm pretty sure I've seen pirate-like bandanas there for a really inexpensive price.

Oh darn! Sorry!! Do you have a Hobby Lobby in your area? I'm pretty sure I've seen pirate-like bandanas there for a really inexpensive price.

No Hobby Lobby but I know where to get some. I'm not even sure my guys would wear them. I did get them some really cool Big Dog shirts with a POC looking logo on them.

No Hobby Lobby but I know where to get some. I'm not even sure my guys would wear them. I did get them some really cool Big Dog shirts with a POC looking logo on them.

The shirts sound cool! An alternative suggestion is to to get some eye-patches if you really don't think they would use the bandanas you purchase. :confused3 It seems that most kids enjoy being piratey with the patches. A party store here has them for 10 cents a piece, or I've also seen them in sets at Dollar Tree.

I know this is slightly :offtopic:, but I do wonder if their sales from Shutters will be impacted for not having the bandanas. With the purchasing volume and (rather low) quality of them, I'm sure DCL gets these really cheap. So the question would be does lost revenue from Shutters supercede the exepense elimination of not having the bandanas. Probably not, but I would love to see study results on that theory nonetheless.

I know this is slightly :offtopic:, but I do wonder if their sales from Shutters will be impacted for not having the bandanas. With the purchasing volume and (rather low) quality of them, I'm sure DCL gets these really cheap. So the question would be does lost revenue from Shutters supercede the exepense elimination of not having the bandanas. Probably not, but I would love to see study results on that theory nonetheless.

The bandanas they used to give out are 10.00 a dozen through oriental trading, so they are saving less than $1.00passenger or $2500 per cruise.
And yes, your question regarding Shutters is an interesting one, I think that, Bandanas or not, the Shutters revenue is probably down. I know I have some budgeted dollars for pictures for this trip, but might not buy as many as I was planning on originally.

They did on the Magic for the May 23 Tortola but now I have three and couldn't care less if I never see another one.

The latest ones seem really small!

They did on the Magic for the May 23 Tortola but now I have three and couldn't care less if I never see another one.

Just returned today. I would agree about the size...difficult to fit on some adults. They seemed thinner than in previous cruises.

Just returned today. I would agree about the size...difficult to fit on some adults. They seemed thinner than in previous cruises.

In that case we are in trouble. Normal sized hats don't fit DS! It will be DH and DS first ever Disney Cruise so I thought it would be fun for them. I might just try to find something here anyway...

Thanks!

The bandanas they used to give out are 10.00 a dozen

Sorry, but there is no way they spend $10/dozen on those bandannas. They are very small and poor quality. They also buy them in mass quantities, and I would imagine a quarter each is probably closer to correct.

Agreed! They barely fit on DH and myself. They were even tight on the kids. They need to be about an inch longer.

Wal-Mart generally has bandannas in their accessories dept for about $1 each.

Sorry, but there is no way they spend $10/dozen on those bandannas. They are very small and poor quality. They also buy them in mass quantities, and I would imagine a quarter each is probably closer to correct.

Agreed! They barely fit on DH and myself. They were even tight on the kids. They need to be about an inch longer.

Yes...poor quality and they are small. ..what we were given on the 5/23 sailing of the Magic. However, we were all able to put them on...and I feel like I have a big head!! I washed them after we got home...they are really faded in spots...they didn't wash evenly. Oh well, just a souvenir anyway. As far as Shutters suffering if they don't give away bandanas...I wouldn't think so. Maybe due to the economy and people buying a few less photos in general. There were so many people buying pirate hats and pirate mouse ears on our cruise. I think everyone just gets caught up in the excitement of pirate night and wants to dress up in some way.

I agree. They go through thousands of them per week so they probably negotiate by the millions or even millions of dozens. ;)

The bandanas they used to give out are 10.00 a dozen through oriental trading, so they are saving less than $1.00passenger or $2500 per cruise

The bandanas DD and I got on our cruise in 2007 look exactly like the ones in the oriental trading catalog @ 9.99 per dozen, but it's true that if they buy bigger quantities the price probably is lower... So they are even saving less $$ per cruise by eliminating them.
Now, we don't know if they've been eliminated in the Magic so let's not start any rumors here... ;)

The bandanas DD and I got on our cruise in 2007 look exactly like the ones in the oriental trading catalog @ 9.99 per dozen, but it's true that if they buy bigger quantities the price probably is lower... So they are even saving less $$ per cruise by eliminating them.
Now, we don't know if they've been eliminated in the Magic so let's not start any rumors here... ;)

They have changed the bandanas since then, they are now only a small red scrap of a triangle, and like the other posters have said, they barely fit a child, let alone an adult. We went Nov 08 and they had the newer ones, don't know when they switched, but they barely fit my 6, 9, and 10 yo's at that time. So now since they are more than half the size they used to be, maybe they are half the price for Disney to pay! This trip, we have some we ordered from Oriental Trading and will take them with us.

Another great place for pirate accessories is Party City, or whatever similar shop you have in your area. Since the POC movies came out, they always have an entire section devoted to parties with that theme. The first time I did the seven-nighter I shopped there beforehand and bought a light-up pirate ring, eye patches, skull chokers and wrist cuffs, big clip-on hoop earrings, etc. I spent well under ten dollars for everything at the time (only a few years ago) and had pirate attire for my whole party of four.pirate:

Another great place for pirate accessories is Party City, or whatever similar shop you have in your area. Since the POC movies came out, they always have an entire section devoted to parties with that theme. The first time I did the seven-nighter I shopped there beforehand and bought a light-up pirate ring, eye patches, skull chokers and wrist cuffs, big clip-on hoop earrings, etc. I spent well under ten dollars for everything at the time (only a few years ago) and had pirate attire for my whole party of four.pirate:

:thumbsup2
We stocked up the day after Halloween getting lots of stuff at half price or less.:goodvibes

I am sure the new order went in for or near october 1 because that is the beginning of disney's fiscal year. and just a refresher , disney doesn't make their own stuff, they contract it through a third party. what they do is determine how much they want to spend on the bandanas and if they didn't increase the amount they were willing to pay,then the subcontractor has three choices, refuse the contrract alltogether, try and make the same ones for the price agreed upon, or cut the amount used to make them. It looks like the subcontractor chose the last option. Frankly I wouldn't mind not getting one at all, we already of have three from the repo cruise and unless they were something special, like the date of the cruise on them, no reason to have any more. now if they gave away eye patches instead,,,,,, that would be really cool!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter