BAND GEEKS Takin' Over the World! LINK TO NEW TR!! Go to last page 10/17

I LOVED your "new stuff list" I wish I were going with you so I coul;d see the Nemo show! My boys are thrill ride JUNKIES and all about THE RIDES! I might take a solo time out to see that (might need that with the long trip we have planned):rolleyes1

Back to the souvies, I was going to suggest the lollipops too...lots of bang for your buck there!

Question for you. Tyson and my Matthew are the same age, how did Ty do walking around the parks last July? Did he poop out pretty quick? We will be taking midday breaks but I know it will be HOT in June!:confused3

Thanks Sooze!
Diane

Susie,
It sounds like you have some fun things that are new for you, and/or your friends.

I took my DH on TSM last month, it was during ESPN Wknd so I knew the park would be crowded. We were way up by the hat at rope drop and followed the crowd to TSM. We skipped the fastpass line and hoped in the ride line. Basically just walked thru to the stairs, it was a great decision. Because we didn't have kids, we didn't bother getting in the huge line for the FP after our ride. Seriously it was probably a 40 minute line! I wonder if it will ever get any better?

I just love the Finding Nemo show too, and being next to EE, my favorite AK ride is great. Two more weeks, that will sure go fast.

The bad thing for us, too, is that DHS doesn't have AM EMH until the day we leave! We were hoping those EMH would help us get on TSM quickly! Guess we'll just have to get ourselves to a rope drop and get in line as fast as we can!

I LOVED your "new stuff list" I wish I were going with you so I coul;d see the Nemo show! My boys are thrill ride JUNKIES and all about THE RIDES! I might take a solo time out to see that (might need that with the long trip we have planned):rolleyes1

Back to the souvies, I was going to suggest the lollipops too...lots of bang for your buck there!

Question for you. Tyson and my Matthew are the same age, how did Ty do walking around the parks last July? Did he poop out pretty quick? We will be taking midday breaks but I know it will be HOT in June!:confused3

Thanks Sooze!
Diane

Ty did GREAT when we went in July, but we were only there for 3 days. This trip is going to be much more telling! I'll let you know how it goes!!

And you GOTTA get to the shows... especially if you're going to be there for a while (sorry I haven't gotten over to your PTR... I'll get there soon!). The shows are a GREAT break from waiting in lines and being out in the heat.

Ok, here is my souvie idea, and yes it's FREE!!! :banana:

Here's what you do, bring back a park map from each park you visit for each kid in the class. When you get back you can pass them out and then go over where you visited in each park and talk a little bit about it.

I think your kids would get in to it, especially if you have them guess each day what attraction you visited and then reveal it the next day. Or something like that..... :confused3

Also, what's great is that you can couple this along with a really cheap option and it appears that they are getting a lot. :thumbsup2

Well, that's my idea.

Have a great night!!

Tim

Two weeks from right now, we'll be on the road!:woohoo:

We'll be on the road a few days after you. 14 hours and hopefully we will be there! We drive through the night also. A lot less traffic.

We are looking forward to the Kim Possible Mission also. We will be doing this with DD and some of her guard friends.

We also love the Finding Nemo show and can't wait to see it for a 2nd time. We will try to sit further away this time though. We sat pretty close the last time and missed some of the excitement when some of the puppets came into the audience area. I am thinking it is better to sit a little further away.

Have a great time and I am looking forward to your trip report.

Here's what you do, bring back a park map from each park you visit for each kid in the class. When you get back you can pass them out and then go over where you visited in each park and talk a little bit about it.

I think your kids would get in to it, especially if you have them guess each day what attraction you visited and then reveal it the next day. Or something like that..... :confused3

Also, what's great is that you can couple this along with a really cheap option and it appears that they are getting a lot. :thumbsup2

Well, that's my idea.

Have a great night!!

Tim

:woohoo: LOVE IT!! Map reading is a pretty big Social Studies standard, too... so it's perfect! Thanks Tim!:flower3:

We'll be on the road a few days after you. 14 hours and hopefully we will be there! We drive through the night also. A lot less traffic.

We are looking forward to the Kim Possible Mission also. We will be doing this with DD and some of her guard friends.

We also love the Finding Nemo show and can't wait to see it for a 2nd time. We will try to sit further away this time though. We sat pretty close the last time and missed some of the excitement when some of the puppets came into the audience area. I am thinking it is better to sit a little further away.

Have a great time and I am looking forward to your trip report.

Sitting close and sitting far away provide two completely different Nemo experiences! I LOVE sitting close because I enjoy feeding off of the actor's energy. I love to see their sweat and spit flying! Last time, I tried to sit in the back section for the first time. Oh my! I was missing a LOT of the effects until I saw it further back!! Either way, it's a fabulous show. But you get the 'whole picture' when you sit back a ways.

Have a safe ride... we're looking at 15-16 hours... not too bad...:rolleyes:

New here so this is the first TR of yours I read. Not sure I would call myself a band geek but I did play trumpet in High School band. I was also in the parade in MK in 1993 as Grand Marshals (see avatar).
On the stroller my daughter bought a Mclaren stroller last year it folds up small has storage and a sun shade and it's made well enough to use for a few years.
I am a major Disney nut we will be back for our 33rd trip in May. We are driving again but it's a 21 hour drive time for us or about 25 to 28 hour total time with rest stops. We leave at about 1 or 2 AM to get past New York rush hour traffic and so we can go to one of the parks when it opens.
Looking forward to reading the rest of your TR. Have a great time

New here so this is the first TR of yours I read. Not sure I would call myself a band geek but I did play trumpet in High School band. I was also in the parade in MK in 1993 as Grand Marshals (see avatar).
On the stroller my daughter bought a Mclaren stroller last year it folds up small has storage and a sun shade and it's made well enough to use for a few years.
I am a major Disney nut we will be back for our 33rd trip in May. We are driving again but it's a 21 hour drive time for us or about 25 to 28 hour total time with rest stops. We leave at about 1 or 2 AM to get past New York rush hour traffic and so we can go to one of the parks when it opens.
Looking forward to reading the rest of your TR. Have a great time

:worship: 33rd TRIP!!!??? I am quite impressed!! And with such a long drive? You really are a Disney nut.. but that's a good thing!

Glad you found me... and we can consider you an official Band Geek, but only if you'd like to be one!;)

Well, that's my idea.

Have a great night!!

Tim

I love that idea, very cool, she could also have them do north south east west things with the map and have them pick out different things

Another cheap and free thing, u could also give out some of the free stickers that you get on property and some of the soaps and shampoos as prizes for things.

Or just give the soaps and shampoos to the smelly kids
:goodvibes

:worship: 33rd TRIP!!!??? I am quite impressed!! And with such a long drive? You really are a Disney nut.. but that's a good thing!

Glad you found me... and we can consider you an official Band Geek, but only if you'd like to be one!;)

Thank you I loved Band so Band Geek it is

[*]Swiss Family Robinson TreeHouse
Everyone HAS to try this once! :thumbsup2
[*]Tom Sawyer Island
One of our favorite spots. Take the time to just meander around over there - there's SO much to see!

[*]House of Tomorrow in Innoventions
Okay, it's been many years since I was last in it, but I remember finding this very cool.

[*]TRex Restaurant
:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 This was a BIG winner with Leo!

Thank you I loved Band so Band Geek it is

Well, that solidifies it! Anyone who loves band is a true band geek!!

Everyone HAS to try this once! :thumbsup2

One of our favorite spots. Take the time to just meander around over there - there's SO much to see!

Okay, it's been many years since I was last in it, but I remember finding this very cool.

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 This was a BIG winner with Leo!

Thanks V! Can't wait to experience these new things!:dance3:

So you are driving. Tell me about how you feel once you get there. Seriously, are you too tired for the rest of the trip to enjoy yourself? We would have a 24 hr. drive but we could afford to go this summer with the buy 4 get 3 more deal if we drove & didn't fly. So how do catch up on sleep?

I love that idea, very cool, she could also have them do north south east west things with the map and have them pick out different things

Another cheap and free thing, u could also give out some of the free stickers that you get on property and some of the soaps and shampoos as prizes for things.

Or just give the soaps and shampoos to the smelly kids
:goodvibes

And the cool thing about Disney maps... I think some of their compass roses do NOT have North on the TOP.. kids don't get to see that very often, so it could be a cool learning tool.

Unfortunately, I won't be getting too many cute soaps and shampoos since we are staying DVC and will only get mousekeeping once during our stay. Unless I go on a Mousekeeping cart stake-out... just like Dan and Candi!!:upsidedow

So you are driving. Tell me about how you feel once you get there. Seriously, are you too tired for the rest of the trip to enjoy yourself? We would have a 24 hr. drive but we could afford to go this summer with the buy 4 get 3 more deal if we drove & didn't fly. So how do catch up on sleep?

How do I survive after driving all night?.... DISNEY ADRENALINE!!!:dance3:

Seriously, though... We will leave Saturday afternoon. I plan on napping pretty hard before we go (which will be difficult because I'll be so excited!). DH will take the first leg of the trip, which is usually 4pm-1am. Then I do the graveyard shift (1am-8am) while DH sleeps. I listen to books on tape ... which is really on my ipod now... and catch up on Podcasts that I listen to. I actually LOVE the quiet time to myself before the craziness of the actual trip starts! Then DH gets up and lets me doze the rest of the way in. Actually, the two times I've driven through the night, it hasn't been that bad!

To make up any needed energy, we ALWAYS come back to our villa for lunch/nap time each day. While Shae naps, sometimes we ALL do too... or one of us will take Tyson back out to the parks or to the pool. So, there's plenty of time to catch up on sleep!

There are pros and cons to flying and driving. We just pick what works best for us (and our budget) at the time!

Unfortunately, I won't be getting too many cute soaps and shampoos since we are staying DVC and will only get mousekeeping once during our stay. Unless I go on a Mousekeeping cart stake-out... just like Dan and Candi!!:upsidedow

!
It is a cart shopping , not a stake out, well really more of a grab and keep walking, i have mastered the art of going by once to see wher ein the room they are then, go by again and grab and walk without stopping...it really is an art form
:rolleyes1

It is a cart shopping , not a stake out, well really more of a grab and keep walking, i have mastered the art of going by once to see wher ein the room they are then, go by again and grab and walk without stopping...it really is an art form
:rolleyes1

Oooh! The grab and walk! Is that like the "bend and snap"? (Legally blonde):rotfl: :rotfl2:

Okay gang, get your best car-ride ideas together and let me hear 'em!

Most of our ride will take place while the kiddos are sleeping, but we will have several hours to kill.

So far, here are my plans:

Portable DVD player... I already bought 3 new movies the kids haven't seen yet and will pull them out and surprise them throughout the trip.

Mileage tickets... The kids earn a ticket every 30 miles. They can redeem 4 tickets for a prize (cheapy dollar store things.. trinkets, toys, books, dolls, cars, etc.)

What else to you have?:confused3

Oooh! The grab and walk! Is that like the "bend and snap"? (Legally blonde):rotfl: :rotfl2:
haha, yep just like that, except, a lot more graceful

Okay gang, get your best car-ride ideas together and let me hear 'em!

Most of our ride will take place while the kiddos are sleeping, but we will have several hours to kill.

So far, here are my plans:

Portable DVD player... I already bought 3 new movies the kids haven't seen yet and will pull them out and surprise them throughout the trip.

Mileage tickets... The kids earn a ticket every 30 miles. They can redeem 4 tickets for a prize (cheapy dollar store things.. trinkets, toys, books, dolls, cars, etc.)

What else to you have?:confused3

i like the ticket thing, something else my parents did to keep us busy was to tell us to look for certain things, like a mileage number or a restaurant, and if we saw it we got a prize, my mom would have boxes of stuff wrapped up for us.

you could add that to the ticket game and hav ethem look for things for extra tickets.

alot of fun.

Play Disney Trivial Pursuit - or make up your own Disney Trivia questions. Have Ty be the official score keeper. :goodvibes

For the nighttime driving when the kids are asleep: Each of you make a 'Mix Tape' CD or playlist of MP3's and surprise each other. Throw in songs that remind you of places you've been or special things you've done together. :love:

i like the ticket thing, something else my parents did to keep us busy was to tell us to look for certain things, like a mileage number or a restaurant, and if we saw it we got a prize, my mom would have boxes of stuff wrapped up for us.

you could add that to the ticket game and hav ethem look for things for extra tickets.

alot of fun.

Bonus tickets! I love it! Maybe they could keep their eyes open for anything Disney related... like Mickey's Auto Shop.. or a princess on a billboard. Cool idea!

Play Disney Trivial Pursuit - or make up your own Disney Trivia questions. Have Ty be the official score keeper. :goodvibes

For the nighttime driving when the kids are asleep: Each of you make a 'Mix Tape' CD or playlist of MP3's and surprise each other. Throw in songs that remind you of places you've been or special things you've done together. :love:

Disney trivia is a wonderful idea... maybe they can earn more tickets with correct answers. Maybe I'll have them earn 10 tickets before rewarding them with a prize, so the trivia questions will be that much more fun!

I also love the playlist idea, however.. when I'm driving... Matt'll be out like a light!! He sleeps SO well in a car... not me, tho!:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter