Balloon embellished flip flops, anyone have directions?

Discussion in 'Arts and Crafts' started by welovedis, Apr 12, 2006.

1. welovedis

welovedis My body is under new management!!

I saw some cute flip flops on eBay & other places, they are decorated with balloons on the strap portion. Wondering if any of you crafty people have directions on how to make these? Unsure if I'd buy regular balloons & just tie them on or what?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PixieDust32

PixieDust32 ♥ Live ♥ Love♥ Disney ♥

Hi,
    My DD had a pair of flip flops like that, they were a gift, but the ballons were tied with the knot on the top, like a medium size ballons not to small, she doesn't have them anymore to look at them.

4. rubinlar

rubinlar Earning My Ears

I can't find the instructions but remember seeing that "water balloons" are recommended for tying around the straps. Just make sure the knots are on the top. Keep bunching them together...the more you put on - the cuter!

Lisa

5. PixieDust32

PixieDust32 ♥ Live ♥ Love♥ Disney ♥

Yup the water ballons.

6. welovedis

welovedis My body is under new management!!

Ok thanks for the tips. I tried doing it with water balloons but they just kept coming untied no matter how tight I knotted them. I'll keep trying though! :)

7. rie'smom

rie'smom <font color=green>"Always let your conscience be y

My DD and her friends decorated their flip flops with strips of fabric. The cut strips about 8" long with pinking shears and then tied them onto the flip flops. If needed,they trimmed
    the extra length afterwards. They were really cute and customized.

8. kat3668

kat3668 Mouseketeer<br><font color=green>Driving me nuts i

9. sandalloons

sandalloons Earning My Ears

Hi,
    I have a company for 6 years with balloon items in Arizona. It is very easy to do and I am now going to be applying for a patent for these and other balloon items. It is fun to make but, for some it takes time. I sold over 5,000 pairs in my first 4 years.
    By the way do you know someone with Autism? I have a 14 year old with that plus 4 other mental illinesses.
    thanks Michelle Aguilar
    Sandalloons and Such:)