Bakery News: France Bakery opens at 9am, Tomorrowland Terrace open for Breakfast

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by mousermerf, Jan 11, 2013.

1. mousermerf

mousermerf DIS Veteran

Just some quick early morning bakery-related notes..

The Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie in Epcot's France is now open at 9am and serving breakfast.

Also, while the Main Street Bakery is closed for conversion to the Starbucks location the Tomorrowland Terrace will serve breakfast.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mousermerf

mousermerf DIS Veteran

So.. i'm curious.. will you hoof it over to France for breakfast..?

It seems like a good choice if you come in via International Gateway. Not so sure for the rest of the park guests..

4. bobrex

bobrex Mouseketeer

Actually, the blockade is at the England side of the bridge, so guests coming through the gateway can go through England and Canada to get to Future World. To open France, all they have to do is move the blockade to the other side of the bridge.

5. Steven41782

Steven41782 DIS Veteran

Maybe the France bakery is temporary until Boardwalk Bakery reopens.

6. erinclemmer

erinclemmer Earning My Ears

The new bakery in France is permanent and so is the early opening time- Disney Food Blog and Disney Parks Blog has information.

I have been waiting for this since they announced construction back in February. I really like to eat in France! There nothing more fun foodwise than eating your way around World Showcase. I am soooo excited we are going down next week and I was hoping with a "January" opening predicted that we would be able to enjoy eating there a lot!

7. chloelovesdisney

chloelovesdisney DIS Veteran

That would be great except nothing else over there is open. Quite a trek for a croissant. Even if you come in there from the Beach Club or Boardwalk, it's still a stop in the wrong direction with nothing else over there to do.

8. parkhopping

parkhopping DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

Does this now mean one could theoretically walk around an empty WS prior to 11 am? I think I would actually really enjoy that, even (especially?) with nothing open. Sounds peaceful and relaxing :)

9. mom2travel

mom2travel DIS Veteran

I agree! That would be great the have a quiet breakfast and meander through WS :-)

10. parkhopping

parkhopping DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

I'm already plotting a perfect morning:

EMH rope drop
    Knock out Soarin' and TT
    Be at the bakery for opening, grab a croissant and coffee, and take a stroll through a crowd-less WS

I really hope this could be a reality!

11. BonnieA

BonnieA I don't need no stinkin tag

A long time ago, when both parts of Epcot opened at the same time, we used to love going over to France for a pastry early in the morning. Nice that they are bringing it back.

12. hoosll

hoosll DIS Veteran

France will be a great option for Epcot resort guests with park hoppers, I wish it opened at 8a

13. MOM POPPINS

MOM POPPINS <font color=red>I keep getting SOUVENIRS (wink) wh

I hope this is true and it continues to open at 9!

14. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

My mind immediately went to wondering if this is a sign of other WS changes to come.

15. Melani

Melani "keep moving forward"

Menu?

16. time101

time101 Mouseketeer

This is great! It reminds me of years ago when WS opened at 9:00 a.m., at the same time as FW. My family would head over to France first and have breakfast at the bakery. I really missed those days.

17. MOM POPPINS

MOM POPPINS <font color=red>I keep getting SOUVENIRS (wink) wh

18. LittleStinkerbelle

LittleStinkerbelle DIS Veteran

Love this! Will definitely be planning at least one breakfast in Epcot's France when we are at the BC.:cool1:

19. erinclemmer

erinclemmer Earning My Ears

I will be one of those crazed fans hiking to "France" for breakfast at least once during our visit. However, I will say if the basic croissant is your favorite thing the Sunshine Seasons food court has them there- just like being 3,000 miles east in Paris. They are delicious and a funny tidbit... last year hubby and I got FP, rode Soarin standby and had breakfast while waiting to use the FP for a second ride. I got myself a couple of croissants and stating looking at the condiments for butter- real butter. Well, they only have margarine- stuff labeled butter favored. When I asked a CM behind the counter for butter, she was surprised to find they only hand out margarin. She went in the back and personally got me a couple tablespoons of butter- from what I assume was a giant supply- and brought it out in a little cup. I was so grateful! I told her I could not each a French croissant with margarine... the French would not be happy!... neither would Julia Child and Paula Dean! I immediately found a manager and told her of the CM's- small, but important kindness to me so I wanted to make sure the nice lady got an extra pat on the back from the boss.

Whenever someone goes out of the way to make things extra magical I think it is important to pass that on to those in management. It shows how much we as the customer appreciate them.

20. mlittig

mlittig DIS Veteran

I am so excited they expanded the French bakery and included indoor seating :woohoo: I am looking forward to eating there in April :yay:

21. FosterLovesMickey

FosterLovesMickey Ready for Disney......

Any idea what the breakfast menu will look like for Tomorrowland Terrace?