Baked Apples- Cracker Barrel style

Discussion in 'Cooking' started by craftymama71, Sep 22, 2011.

1. craftymama71

craftymama71 Mouseketeer

I had the Cracker Barrel baked apples a few weeks ago with my breakfast....Oh my- I have never tasted anything so good before. It's not something we typically eat here in Australia.
    I was wondering if anyone knows how to make them or something similar. I get that there is apple and cinnamon ;). But I wouldn't know how to make the rest..4 ..

Thanks lovelies :goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MazdaUK

MazdaUK <font color=green>Curse this time difference!<br><

I've not had them in Cracker Barrel but they're pretty easy to make (usually one of the first recipes they teach us in school;))

It helps to use cooking apples - Bramley for preference. Do not peel, remove core to 2/3 of the way down and just score around the widest part of the apple (this stops it exploding:scared1:). Mix together raisins, brown sugar, cinnamon (or use mincemeat left over from Christmas) and pack into the hole. Put a knob of butter on top and bake in the oven at 180C/350F/gas 4 (or microwave) until the apple is soft when prodded with a sharp knife( 45-60 mins in oven, 7-10 mins in microwave).

4. youcansmellit

youcansmellit Mouseketeer

5. craftymama71

craftymama71 Mouseketeer

Thankyou sooooo much :thumbsup2 I going to bake some for Sunday breakfast :goodvibes

6. greeneeyes

greeneeyes Mouseketeer

well they aren't really baked, they are fried in a skillet; baked apples are a bit different, these are more like apple pie filling. My kids love them and since there are no Cracker Barrels nearby they usually buy a jar before we leave, since it's apple season here right now I can cook some up myself so thanks for the recipe. :thumbsup2

7. craftymama71

craftymama71 Mouseketeer

Yeah, couldn't remember exactly what they were called. I wanted to buy the jar but I wasn't sure if it would get through quarantine here. At least I can make it now...yummo!

8. HYYJ

HYYJ Earning My Ears

:thumbsup2Cut an apple into pieces and fied on the fir. Then mix them with sugar. It really a nice cook!:rotfl2: