Bake sale recipes?

WilmaBud

<font color=3333CC>Early November=New Jersey Week
Anybody have any good bake sale recipes? I have to bake for one this week, and I'm always afraid of making something no one will buy!

WilmaBud-

I haven't got a recipe off the top of my head that stands out, but Quick Cooking had this article on Secrets to Successful Bake Sales which might give you some ideas:

*Place cupcakes in a new frisbee and cover with plastic wrap
*Fill a new beach pail with cookies
*Lollipop Cookies--cookies on a stick, individually wrapped and tied with ribbon
*Decorate treats with small gumdrops, m&ms or other candies in the school colors
*package a few bars or cupcakes together with the school name or initials to spelled out on top with icing or candies
*folks think small is cute: mini muffins, mini cupcakes, mini loaves of bread
*top frosted bars or cupcakes with bite sized candy bars, gummy bears, small teddy bear shaped cookies or mini oreos
*decorate frosted bars, brownies, cupcakes, etc.. with sprinkle that coordinate with current holida or season
*place homemade candies or fudge in decorative mini muffin liners
*wrap items in colored plastic wrap and decorate with bright stickers

HTH! Candi

Rice Crispie Squares with a chocolate covering are always a bit hit at our school bake sale.

One I stole from Martha Stewert:
Rocky Road Brownies-

I make my favorite brownie mix (even the betty crocker low-fat works well), stiring a bunch of chocolate chips and walnut pieces.

I bake the brownies, until they're about 10 minutes from being done

Sprinkle more chocolate chips, walnuts and mini marshmallows to completely cover the top

Bake until brownies are done, and the top has melted together.

They are a bit sticky to cut, so cut while still warm

These will sell out asap!

bekki

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter