Bad Wait Times?

snoope

Earning My Ears
So here we are first week in September. As expected, the wait times at Disney have plummetted to very small times. However, according to my apps, US and IOA, have wait times that are not normal for this time of year. Very long. In fact some of these are worse than what they were in the prime of summer. Its been like that two days in a row now. Can anyone explain this?

JPRA: 30
PF: 45
TAAOSM: 40
TIHC: 40
TCITH: 30
DDRF: 50
FOTH: 50

ROTM: 35
TWISTER: 25
JAWS: 25
ET:45
MIB: 45
TSR: 50

I was there as recently as Monday and can tell you those times are not representative of what I saw--except for PF which is almost always long. I had Express by virtue of staying onsite but found on several occasions they were not needed.

Where do the apps get their data from? User input I'm guessing?

BTW, I'm pretty good with acronyms but I can't figure out a couple of those. :). Nevermind, I figured them out. We understand "Hulk" better than TIHC.

We just returned and those wait times are not what we saw at all - we visited August 31st, 1st and 2nd September. FJ was only 15 minutes after 6pm - many of the others were walk on to standby guests - even though we had FOTL - I recall The Mummy, MIB, Dr Doom, Trolley bus and the Hulk (Duelling Dragons - can't remember its new name) being walk on. Saw 30minutes at Simpsons and Spiderman though.

i have never known september for having long lines or crowds in the park.

especially after labor day, there never has been much of a wait.

parry hotter will still have it's crowds but the rest of ioa and the studios should be a breeze doing at this time of the year.

i'm not saying you didn't experience long lines, i just have not read of this being an issue yet.

but then, there are times where parts of the park will have more in lines when other sections do not.

could be that this well kept secret of september (and early november) is out!
:eek:

What apps are you checking?

I checked the undercover tourist blackberry app a few times yesterday and noticed the shortest lines I have ever noticed since I have had the app (about 3-4 months).

Universal studios was all green (20 min or under), when I checked about 4 times throughout the day, and Islands of adventure had only a couple of yellow times (about 25-35 min) for I believe pterdon flyers and forbidden journey. The rest were all green.

Now, keep in mind, I will imagine this week will be busier than next week because of the holiday on Monday. People might head down for the week because they would only need to take 4 days off work, as opposed to 5 in a normal work week. Regardless, I noticed a big drop yesterday compared to previous weeks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter