Bad haircut!

EveDallas

Always keep fighting
So upset - went to get my hair cut today. Told the girl to cut it to my shoulders and she misheard me and cut it to MY CHIN!! :scared1: I ended up not having to pay for it, but still - I've never had my hair this short! And it's going to take forever to grow back *sigh* I know it's not a big deal in the long run, but I hate how it looks! *Sigh* Just had to vent, I guess.

Perhaps there are some fun hairstyles you can experiment with until your hair grows back out? I'm sorry this happened to you OP. I hate having short hair too. :hug:

How do you "mistake" shoulders for chin? Wow! I can certainly understand why you're upset. But give it a week, or a month, and see how you feel about it by then.

I'm sorry for you. :( I'm always a bit anxious that my stylist is cutting too much off. I bet it looks great though. It's just hard to look in the mirror and see such a different look. It takes a while to get used to for sure.

So upset - went to get my hair cut today. Told the girl to cut it to my shoulders and she misheard me and cut it to MY CHIN!! :scared1: I ended up not having to pay for it, but still - I've never had my hair this short! And it's going to take forever to grow back *sigh* I know it's not a big deal in the long run, but I hate how it looks! *Sigh* Just had to vent, I guess.
I've had one of those bad haircuts. Every time I looked in the mirror I cried. But it grew out pretty quickly and once I recovered from the shock I was able to joke about it.

The exact same thing happened to me when I was a freshman in high school. At that age, you can imagine I thought my life was over. I cried.

So just sending you some good hair vibes. My best advice is to just wear it with confidence and own it!!

((Hugs)) :grouphug::grouphug:

It happened to me once, I asked for a A line cut and let me tell you I never cried so much in my life. If someone is not sure what I want I show them a picture now. I am sorry, it will grow out.:hug:

DH got a terrible one yesterday too. He ended up with a stylist that was not a native English speaker. Apparently DH asked him to take 1/2 an inch off and he misunderstood and cut it to 1/2" in length. :scared1: Great look if you're in boot camp - which DH is not.

Yeah, this happened to me as well in 2011. I did ask for a short haircut. After she was done, she hollered, "short and sassy!" and when I looked in the mirror it looked as if I'd just taken a lawnmower to my head. The worst thing was, I had to go for my ID photo a few days later and it's now enshrined on my ID until September 2015.

Eh, it'll grow back in a year or two.

That's what I tell DW when she gets a bad haircut.

I imagine the OP is giving me the same look DW gives me when I tell her that.

I have had the same stylist for years. She has told me flat out she likes my hair shorter. Well I don't! After one unfortunate experience (She said "shorter?" I replied, "yes," expecting a trim. She cut about six inches off and layered it.) Since then I have learned to be very specific about what I want done. She still tries to talk me into getting it cut shorter every cut, though. I love how she colors my hair so I just put up with it. I'm sorry, OP! I think we've all had it happen at some point and it's no fun.

How do you "mistake" shoulders for chin? Wow! I can certainly understand why you're upset. But give it a week, or a month, and see how you feel about it by then.

Well she *claimed* that she heard me say "above the shoulders". I think that she didn't realize how short she was cutting it until it was too late.

Yeah, this happened to me as well in 2011. I did ask for a short haircut. After she was done, she hollered, "short and sassy!" and when I looked in the mirror it looked as if I'd just taken a lawnmower to my head. The worst thing was, I had to go for my ID photo a few days later and it's now enshrined on my ID until September 2015.

LOL - my son and I go on vacation in 6 weeks and I'm going to have this stupid hair in all the pics! On the bright side, it will be much cooler in the Florida sun.

Eh, it'll grow back in a year or two.

That's what I tell DW when she gets a bad haircut.

I imagine the OP is giving me the same look DW gives me when I tell her that.

Yeah, you're probably right. ;)

That's sucky. Maybe you should try a different style. Go to a better salon and see what they can do to fix it? Add some cool colors?

I feel for you! I had that happen twice before I learned my lesson. I was so unhappy. It was a good cut but way too short for me. I left after the 2nd short cut and found someone else.

Hope you learn to like it and that's good you already are finding the bright side - less hair for the FL heat.

My hairstylist went too short on me in November. I hated it back then and it is starting to look a smidge better now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!