BAD BOYS BAD BOYS!! Undercover Security

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Community' started by dfmalone, May 13, 2010.

1. KrazyKollector

KrazyKollector Mouseketeer

Luckily, lovetoscrap wasn't "blown away" by anything but the excitement. ;) pixiedust:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. pampam

pampam DIS Veteran

I'm trying to visualize this. Why did the security guard or police officer stop your husband and ask him to lift up his shirt?

4. ellie05

ellie05 DIS Veteran

I think he thought my DH was carrying a conceal gun.

5. Cyrano

Cyrano Moderator Moderator

Moving to community.

6. Bell30012

Bell30012 DIS Veteran

I believe you are exactly right.

A decade ago, we were at WDW with a friend and his family. We hadn't been in MK but a couple minutes when an individual walked up close to my friend and I. Then I noticed two more right behind us. He was WDW Security and he asked my friend if he was armed. He was carrying a 9 mm under his jacket. He told the officer that he was and identified himself. He is a federal officer.

He was led back to the gate where they allowed him to secure his weapon. They were very polite, very professional. I was conversing with one of the security people who remained behind. He told me that they are trained to observe the way a person is standing, the way they walk, they way they lean. All indicated that my friend was carrying a sidearm under his jacket. I was very impressed.

The next morning as we were all getting ready to leave for the parks, I asked him if he left the weapon behind. He told me that he had but felt naked. It goes pants, belt, weapon... When we got to MK we saw one of those same guys at near the bag check. He made eye contact and my friend shook his head. No need for words.

7. tink_n_pooh

tink_n_pooh <font color=darkorchid>my TP isn't going anywhere.

I still enjoy this thread:surfweb:

8. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

I know this thread is a year old but sooo interesting! Any more stories??:coffee:

9. GrumpyGoat

GrumpyGoat Disney Curmudgeon

The cast member with the pepper spray is a Disneyland Resort Security Officer. The uniformed ones are all over the place.

I find it a bit insulting the way every male with a camera is viewed as a "predator." Some of us just like photography and the Disney resorts, both in California and Florida have a wealth of cool things to photograph. Besides, in a theme park, it's nigh impossible to take a photo without having kids in it, although I work pretty hard to take pictures with no people in them.

http://johnwright.smugmug.com/Theme-Parks/Disneyland-Resort-California

One of the reasons serious photographers don't take pictures of kids in situations like this is because of the possibility that some busybody do-gooder will report them to the authorities. Parents can't even take pictures of their own children in the bath tub for fear the clerk at Walmart will report them to the police. It's gotten out of hand.

On the Disney Cruise my wife and went on last year, there were a few people that looked at us a little strangely because we didn't have any children with us. I can just imagine what they were thinking.

10. stillamarine

stillamarine Earning My Ears

I've had this happen to me a couple times!! Once I was actually wearing an FOP shirt so I understand that. But the other time I didn't have anything ID'ing me as a cop. I think it's kind of funny. DF not so much. Of course she works for the FBI and I'm just a local guy.

11. lilmissy7789

lilmissy7789 Earning My Ears

Hahahaha!!! Too funny!