1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Bad Behavior

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by SeaNana, Oct 13, 2013.

1. lindylou2_2002

lindylou2_2002 Mouseketeer

If a child is being rowdy and disruptive, I would either go and speak to the parents and inform them that I will be going to a cast member if their Children don't Stop.

Or if there were no parent present I would report to a cast member, and probably speak to the children too.

I hate children at dinner times not behaving correctly and that is the area that is most difficult for me to stop my self saying something.
    I have a 8 and 10 year old Girls, Last year my girls got commended for their behaviour as the lady on the next table was A High school Superintendent. :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Donna3271

Donna3271 DIS Veteran

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!!! This is a sure way to ruin your vacation. The parents may not appreciate it, and react poorly. I would NEVER tell anyone how to parent their child. I would only intervene if my child was directly hit or hurt. We've witnessed things. We walked away and continued to enjoy our vacation.

4. NCConch

NCConch Mouseketeer

I am a little over 200 lbs, tattooed and have a goatee. I can usually just shoot a look and help a kid make a better decision. If not, a short and sharp "HEY!" usually does the trick. I am also a youth minister, so I have developed a few other stealthy tricks as well.

5. Donna3271

Donna3271 DIS Veteran

I can usually just shoot a look and help a kid make a better decision... LOVE IT!! I can use you when my 3 kids are fighting!

6. wcw57

wcw57 DIS Veteran

as a Grandparent, you learn quickly not to interfere with the parenting skills of others, even if it your own child who is the parent!:thumbsup2 However, if other kids are intruding on my DGD enjoyment of an activity/location by being just plain stupid (which means normal kids) I usually just put myself into their way....if they are jumping into pool, I go where they are jumping.....if they are running, I make sure to get in the way....etc, etc.

it doesn't change their behavior for very long, I am sure, but their behavior is better around ME and that's all I can control or worry about.

BTW, I am also the Grandpa who admonishes his DGDs probably a little too much.......you'll see me watching over my herd like a hawk!