1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Backstage Magic Scrapbook!

Discussion in 'Adventures By Disney' started by stenogoddess, Oct 10, 2010.

1. jessica52877

jessica52877 DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing! Loved it!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. aspen37

aspen37 Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes.

Wow what a great job on the book, Lauren! It really was a great trip. :goodvibes

4. johnsonet

johnsonet DIS Veteran

I want to look - but don't want to see spoilers :upsidedow

5. mybestieismickey

mybestieismickey DIS Veteran

Great book! I totally want to do this trip. I had to laugh though when I saw your pic of Torrance High. I totally went to school there. During the Buffy years. It was cool and annoying at the same time.

Is that weird that a former local wants to take this trip?

6. sayhello

sayhello Have Camera, Will Travel Moderator

That's what I keep saying. It sounds like a really cool trip, but I have a hard time justifying the cost when I grew up in the area & still have family there.

So was Torrance High School used as Sunnydale?

Sayhello

7. mybestieismickey

mybestieismickey DIS Veteran

Among other things, yes. They also filmed 90210 there and some other shows and movies. I think because it has a really good layout for filming. Lots of space between buildings and decent architecture for a high school.

8. stenogoddess

stenogoddess DIS Veteran

You are welcome! :goodvibes

I'm glad you liked it!

Anna: I LOVED that trip! It was over way too fast.

There are some in there, not a lot but some. Sorry! :goodvibes Go on the trip and then look at it!

It is not weird. This trip is really awesome. Plus you don't get to go behind the scenes as a local so there's extra in there for you too. Plus, plus, I know there's always tourist things around here in Savannah that I don't do but think I would like to. Be a tourist in your own place! Save some money on airfare! :rotfl:

Say Hello: See above about being a local tourist AND you didn't know there were demons and vampires in the basement of Torrance High? ;) We wanted to get those photos and get out before the sun went down!

9. Daisha Moore

Daisha Moore Earning My Ears

Wonderful scrapbook. Do share it in every forum, and see how good the comments are coming. Keep it up.:rotfl2:

10. Phil Cirrone

Phil Cirrone Mouseketeer

Your scrapbook is just beautiful.

Lisa

11. Skatetigger

Skatetigger Mouseketeer

Great book, I have to go back and take a more indepth look but i had a couple questions. How did you get to the Charmed house, do they run a tour of that area? And the WB stuff, is that a tour also or is it all one tour since Charmed and Buffy were WB shows?

12. stenogoddess

stenogoddess DIS Veteran

I'm glad you liked it! :goodvibes

Thanks so much! :)

Hey there! I just looked up shooting locations of shows that I knew shot in the area and wrote down the addresses. We ran out of time to do Alias which is right around the area of the hotel somewhere, and by the time we got to Angel's hotel it was really dark. At Buffy's house I tried to be super quick and respectful as it's obviously someone's home. I stayed across the street and off the yard! The Charmed area is a little different because it's an actual historic district, the last of the victorians in LA. It's a beautiful few streets. Being in a historic district myself I know you get pretty used to people taking pictures of your house. But if people were outside I asked if it was okay and shared a little about us fixing up our own home. The Charmed house was what took me to the area - and I stayed across the street and out of the yard - but the entire area is worth seeing. It's lovely. :goodvibes

I only mention the across the street and out of the yard thing because people actually just stand on these people's grass taking pictures and then knock on the door. :sad2: I think at first it's scary and then it's just really annoying!

Have a great trip!