Backpacks on Rides???

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by splash_matt, May 3, 2004.

1. splash_matt

splash_matt Earning My Ears

Hi.. I know this may be a stupid question but, What rides should you ditch your backpack on?

maybe Kali River Rapids - do they have lockers close to the entrance or at the entrance to the park. Can you just hold it on RnRc and/or TOT???

Need help so I know what to do when the time comes.

thanks

2. Shells9

Shells9 My Tag Fairy Tags are gone!

I keep my backpack with me.

On Kali, there is a bin (for lack of better terms) in the center with a flip down plastic bin with magnets (I think) that helps keep it down. It is a common bin, meaning everyone can throw stuff in there. It's always worked for us, but if everyone has a bunch of stuff it can get kind of full.

On rides like Test Track or TOT and RnR, I put it on the floor, and then put my ankle through the strap to hold it.

The locker thing is one area I wish Disney would take a lesson from Busch Gardens on. At BG they have a small locker area outside of each major ride so you can throw your gear in while you ride.

Not that taking the packpack is such a major deal, but it is nice to ditch it for a while without having to go to the front of the park all the time.

Also, I throw a couple of zip lock bags in the backpack, in the even there is something I really want to be sure to keep dry.

Have fun! :D

3. mbcary

mbcary <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Michelle,

Thanks for the info on the Kali Rapids. I have been to AK a couple of times but never ridden KR. I am glad to know there are bins. I plan on wearing my poncho on that ride.

mbcary