Backpack...what to carry

tigger2002

DIS Veteran
I take a backpack to most places I go on vacation. I thought that it would be handy to have one on the cruise also. I was thinking that it would be good to take on the excursions to carry mask and snorkel, maybe a towel, small camera ( I have digital SLR also), wading shoes, sunscreen, dry clothes, etc.

My question is: what do you use to carry stuff on excursions AND what do you carry? I know that you can't carry food off of the ship. I like to be prepared. I would rather have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

I've seen lots of people with backpacks on excursions. I'm a bagaholic so I always have some type of bag with me on cruises, sometimes two.:) If we're doing a snorkeling excursion(s) we have a snorkel bag that we put our snorkel gear and towels in, we usually have another bag (usually a sling type bag) with us also that I keep everything else in, sunscreen, camera, u/w housing, dslr (for non-water excursions). I don't recall ever packing a change of clothes though, usually we have our swimsuits on underneath our shorts/tanks and we just throw them back on over our wet suits when we're done (it's generally hot so everything dries fairly quickly).

Backpack here! Don't forget the hand sanitizer, water, a couple of bandaids, and chapstick. I also have a pack or two of peanut butter crackers with me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter