Backpack Question

Discussion in 'Disney World Tips' started by Cherbear013, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Cherbear013

Cherbear013 Bear

I would like to carry a backpack or Baggalini with me when we go to WDW because I like to have my wallet, camera, snacks, etc. What do you do with it when you go on rides? I think it would be uncomfortable to leave it on my back during a ride, but there is not always room on the seat next to you during a ride. What to do?

2. vickikoz

vickikoz Tink's Mom

Almost all of the rides have room under your feet for your backpacks. We travel with two little ones. We have one filled with non valuables and then we have one with the wallets, cameras, etc. The one with the non valuables, we leave with the stroller. And, the other one we bring with us, and put it under our feet. I honestly can't remember an instance where there wasn't room to put the bag. Good Luck;)

3. JanB

JanB DIS Veteran

Rock'n'Roller Coaster is one of the more difficult rides in terms of finding a spot for your bag. When I carry a bag, it is very small -- on RnR I have to sort of tuck it to the side and kind of behind my arm, and I loop the shoulder strap to the other side of my body so that it at least stays with me if the bag comes loose. But it has always stayed put.

Depending on the style of ride restraint, you can sometimes put the backpack on backwards (sitting on front of your body). Sometimes you can put it on the floor, and loop the straps around your ankles. All depends on the ride, the style of your bag, your own body size, etc. Sometimes you can loop the bag straps over the end of the restraint bar before it is lowered (like on Big Thunder).

Some of the newer rides (like Mission Space) will have a spot to stow your gear.

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. ZoZo

ZoZo DIS Veteran

I have never had a problem putting my backpack on the floor of the ride and looping the strap around my ankle, to keep it in place. That worked with all rides that I tried, including RnR (which has inversions).

6. disney6family

disney6family We live our dreams every day

I too loop the bag around my leg and have never had a problem (make sure your zippers are shut on RnRR:thumbsup2

7. merrywether

merrywether <font color=blue>Blue Fairies are welcome!

I usually turned the baggalini so that the bag part was on my belly - that way it was still on me but I could sit back without squishing my stuff!

8. MissMet

MissMet DIS Veteran

ditto! :thumbsup2

9. disney5and7

disney5and7 Earning My Ears

Someone had mentioned using their Vera Bradley back pack for WDW. I, too, was thinking of that since it appears to be the perfect size, but then was worried that it might get wet on some of the rides & not work out so well after all.

Any pros/cons to using one from someone who might have done so?

Or, any suggestions where to find a smaller-sized (tough!) back pack? This will be our 1st time taking our 2 children (elementary age) to WDW!:) :yay:

Thanks!

Robin

10. foxfire

foxfire <font color=00cc00>I wonder what rock I've been hi

You can always stick a ziplock bag (gallon or 2 gallon size) in your backpack & put it in the ziplock on wet rides. A folded ziplock takes up hardly any space and they are really handy to have with you since they will protect anything you don't want wet/damp (cameras, etc.) I never go to the parks without one or more ziplocks in my backback!

I have bought 2 smaller sized backpacks at Wal Mart for around $7 or $8 each. They have been on many Disney trips and have held up great. I've found these in the luggage dept. as well as in regular backpack displays. Sometimes they call them daypacks. LLBean and Land's End have the smaller packs, too and they are very tough. You can look at them online if you don't get the catalogs.