Background Music

I like to take my music from Disney soundtracks, for my Disney vacations. I have a lot of them and rip them to my computer or I get them from iTunes. For our Alaska cruise, I used music from Brother Bear. For our Norway cruise, I used music from Frozen.

I started out my playlist by watching other trip videos, and borrowing the songs I like from them, then using youtube/itunes to find more that are either the same style, or same artist, and listen through their other songs until I find some more that I really like. I have a variety of songs, from ones that work to dance montages, more chill ones, Disney ones, and ones that are slower for those emotional bits to really pull on the heartstrings.

I like to use stuff by Phillips Phillips, One Republic, Owl City, One Direction, Katie Sky, Taylor Swift has some good ones. It's all about experimenting/listening to a lot of music!

We do underwater video from dive trips. We started using just music from our CD collection until my honey put a snippet from one on you tube and got told to take it down for copywrite infringement. Then he found a site that has original music out there you could use for free as long as you acknowledged the artist, which he did and again an artist tried to get him to pay for it but he had proof he took it from the site under their rules. From what I understand you can now use popular music as long as you allow them to advertise. I'm assuming if you are just keeping it for your own use and not putting it anywhere public you could use whatever you wanted. We always watch our raw footage and edit it down a little for time then try to find a song that fits the action.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter