Back yesterday, highs and lows

Ms Poppins

I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk
We got home yesterday after a few days fantastic time once again at Disneyland Paris.

I'll start with the lows because there really weren't any except the weather :umbrella: Very heavy rain on Sunday morning caused a re-think in our plan but that can't be helped. We were well prepared with lots of layers and waterproof boots so made the most of the inside areas.

On to the highs :cheer2:in no particular order

Season of the Force - Lewis just loved this, his jaw dropped when the characters came on the stage :chewy::darth:

The Steakhouse - first time and really, really lovely meal
Big Thunder Mountain - amazing refurb, wonderful!
Molly Brown - loved seeing round the lake after the refurb. The whole area round the lake looks kind of cartoon like, the most amazing paint job!
Seeing Dreams for a final time :love:
Ratatoullie single rider line - All the single riders!!
Hotel New York - still love staying here
Seeing the Studios in the dark! Our first ever time when the Studios closed at 9pm
Spending an hour in Fantasyland just before it was closed and managing to get on loads of rides walk on
Despite the crowds we did every single ride in Disneyland Park except Indiana Jones (Lewis not a fan), Autopia (was always raining when we walked past) and Phantom Manor which had massive queues or was down each time we looked.

And now it's all over too soon again - we've talked about the next trip and have agreed it's most likely to be a summer trip so we can chill out and relax by the pool during the afternoon, it's been years since we did summer and I think the 25th anniversary is the perfect excuse :goodvibes

Fantastic, sounds like you had a lovely time.

I'm trying to work out how we can visit for a few days in the Summer as well.....would be a shame not no make the most out of the APs.

Sounds like an amazing trip, well done getting so much done over a weekend! I'm so excited to see the BTM refurb when we're there in a few weeks, and also to say goodbye to Dreams.

Welcome back! Glad you had such a great time, I'm very envious of you getting to see both Dreams for the last time and the Studios at night! :)

Here's to your next trip! :wizard:

Welcome back, sounds like you had an amazing trip, as much as im not a Star wars fan would have loved to see the Season of the Force, although I wouldn't be surprised if its something they keep even if its only seasonal.

I hope to go later this year as its been far too long since last trip.

Thank you all. Seems almost like a distant memory already so the day 1 of the trip report is up now and I'm working on the rest. Helps me keep in my Disney bubble for wee bit longer :goodvibes

When is dreams ending?

Dreams is being replaced by Illuminations for the 25th anniversary celebrations. I don't know the exact date but will probably coincide with the official 25th date which is 12 April.

Didn't notice any at all, honestly I don't think we ever have except in Pirates where the queue is so wide it would be hard not to.

thanks for your report. we are two americans going next Tuesday and are trying to figure out a good touring plan.
Despite the crowds we did every single ride in Disneyland Park except Indiana Jones (Lewis not a fan), Autopia (was always raining when we walked past) and Phantom Manor which had massive queues or was down each time we looked.
What was your strategy for fastpasses?

any advice would be greatly appreciated!

:
thanks for your report. we are two americans going next Tuesday and are trying to figure out a good touring plan.

What was your strategy for fastpasses?

any advice would be greatly appreciated!

You don't need much of a plan at DLP, it's all quite close together but there are few things I'd suggest. If you are staying at an on-site hotel definitely make use of EMH which is starts at 8am so you can get most of Fantasyland and a couple of rides in Discoveryland done.

If you are a day visitor, be there early. The standard opening time for both parks is 10am however the gates open for non-hotel guests from 9:30 so be there around 9ish if possible to get into the park and be ready for rope drop for Big Thunder Mountain which is by far the longest line in the park.

The best area for rope drop is NOT from the main hub. If you go through Liberty Arcade, which is to the left of Main St, come out the other end and you'll be just behind Casey's. There is a small covered walkway here which leads into Frontierland and will have a smaller number of visitors waiting to get into Frontierland at rope drop. Even if you're not there for rope drop, this is by far the quickest route to Frontierland so if you'll be there later, make this your first destination to get fast passes.

Whilst in Frontierland you can also do Phantom Manor if it's not too busy, personally we don't queue for this and is quite often a walk on. Check the park schedules for an character meets you might want to do in Frontierland too. After this I'd head to Adventureland to see the Swiss Family Robinson Tree house and Indiana Jones ride - IJ is hidden right up the back of Adventureland and you rarely need FP for this.

Through Adventureland pass the Tree House, past Captain Hook's Ship (you can explore skull rock and the rope bridges here if you want to) and then into Fantasyland.

Peter Pan will be busy as will Dumbo usually. Work your way round Fantasyland and then head to Discoveryland for Buzz. Space Mountain and Star Tours are both closed for refurb too just now so only other rides here are Autopia and Orbitron. Autopia will have longer lines.

Dreams, the nightime show will be on at park closing time. So, for example if the park closes at 8pm, that's when Dreams will start - right in front of the castle. This means that Fantasyland will start to close an hour before at 7pm, We did all of Fantasyland before it started to close and managed all the rides, including Peter Pan at this time. So if the park closes at 8, you could do Fantasyland rides between 6&7pm when it should be quieter.

Remember to explore the castle upstairs - do this earlier in the day though as this too will close in preparation for Dreams. And visit the Dragon under the castle too!

Hope you have a great day - come back and tell us all about it :goodvibes

Hope you have a great day - come back and tell us all about it :goodvibes

WOW! Thanks so much for your advice. I really appreciate the detail. Do you have any thoughts on incorporating the Studios into our day. I have been looking at the posted wait times on the app it they seem so long!

Also, how important do you think it is to stay on property for those EMH? We were just planning on a day trip, but now are rethinking and booking at a resort just to have access.

Do you know if we use a third party site like booking.com would we still get EMH?

WOW! Thanks so much for your advice. I really appreciate the detail. Do you have any thoughts on incorporating the Studios into our day. I have been looking at the posted wait times on the app it they seem so long!

Also, how important do you think it is to stay on property for those EMH? We were just planning on a day trip, but now are rethinking and booking at a resort just to have access.

Do you know if we use a third party site like booking.com would we still get EMH?

You will get better rates booking direct with Disney. Check all the different country versions, I'm sure the French site has a good deal just now. The deals include park tickets too for your full day of arrival and day of departure do you can have 2 full days for 1 night stay.

Studios is doable too as it's close by. But Crush has long lines all the time , even early on. Ratatouille does too but has a very quick single rider line. Cinemagique is a great show and they have lots of Star Wars events going in just now, so lots to see.

My trip report is up now on the trip section, this might give you an idea of what to expect.

There is also a flash sale on a French site, Voyagepirve.fr. sign up free with your email, 45% off, use google translate. I've booked with them before no problem. I'm sure their desk includes room and tickets too.

it's not possible to do everything in one day, but you could concentrate only of the ride different enough from the WDW versions.
So start with a rope drop at the studios, because the biggest issue is Crush and Coaster, even the single rider line there is just a few minutes shorter than the regular line. So be at the gates at 9:30 and run to Crush first thing. Once you've done that, take a FP for Ratauille and go to Toy Story Playland if you want to do rides there. Not they are anything special, though, you can just save some time and just check the miniland and do Ratatuille with Single Rider in 5 minutes (sometime it's faster than the FP line).
Absolutely see Cinemagique, anything else is or was exactly the same at WDW. Armageddon is different, but it's so late that it's not worth your time. Then move to the main park and do:
- Big Thunder Mountains (best version in the world, use FP for this. Ideally, send a runner here after you've done Crush to take FP for everyone)
- Phantom Manor
- Peter Pan (if you've not done the Disneyland version)
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Alice's Maze
- Space Mountains (if you like very intense roller coasters)
- Indiana Jones (it goes upside down, but it's not very intense)
- 20,000 leagues under the sea walkthrough
- Castle and dungeon
- It's a Small World (because it often has just 5 minutes queue, but it's skippable if you don't have the time)
- Pinocchio (if you've not done the Disneyland version, but skippable)
- Dreams (do not miss this!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter