Back where I belong - pre trip report *UPDATED - finally home!*

ESTA and API all done! :thumbsup2 And printed out, just in case.

Amazing how "on edge" you feel doing the ESTA forms, when there really isn't anything to worry about at all, but you can't help thinking "what if they don't approve my application??"

Just over 9 weeks to go!!! :banana:
Last week, DS7 was sat beside me at dinner time, and bounced up and down in his seat saying "I can't wait for 10 weeks!" so I bounced up and down in mine and said "neither can I !!" :lmao:

Is it wrong that I'm starting to stockpile clothes and toiletries etc already?

Have also just realised that I've called the two DS's "DD" in a previous thread - oops! I'll get the hang of these abbreviations eventually.

Just found this thread, First congratulations on your engagement. Your pland seem to be coming along nicely, I bet the boys will have a great time. Its never too early to start getting things ready for packing. I don't go until Oct and I've just been through the next summer catalogue choosing what I will be buying for our holiday

Congratulations on your engagement.

not that long to go now

susan

OMG it's getting close now! :cool1:

And I'm keeping a lid on my mounting excitement, otherwise I'll do DF's nut in! :lmao:

I don't really have much more in the way of news to post... just been working out the logistics of getting us all to the airport, and home again, and getting some taxi prices. And writing out my packing list properly. And stockpiling toiletries... :thumbsup2

But I've just looked at the calendar properly... and it's 2 weeks to my birthday (which is lovely), but once it gets to my birthday, it's only 4.5 weeks till we GO!!! :banana:

I'm just so stupidly excited, I had to share...
46 days to go!!!!

OMG it's getting close now! :cool1:

And I'm keeping a lid on my mounting excitement, otherwise I'll do DF's nut in! :lmao:

I don't really have much more in the way of news to post... just been working out the logistics of getting us all to the airport, and home again, and getting some taxi prices. And writing out my packing list properly. And stockpiling toiletries... :thumbsup2

But I've just looked at the calendar properly... and it's 2 weeks to my birthday (which is lovely), but once it gets to my birthday, it's only 4.5 weeks till we GO!!! :banana:

I'm just so stupidly excited, I had to share...
46 days to go!!!!

If you weren't getting excited by this stage I would be worried for you.

I noticed in one of your earlier posts that you didn't know how to change the title of a thread to update it. I don't know if you have figured it out yet but just in case you haven't...

1. Go to your original post in that thread.
2. Click 'Edit'
3. Click 'Go advanced' At this point you will see that the title has now become available to edit or change.
4. Make your changes then save :thumbsup2

If you weren't getting excited by this stage I would be worried for you.

I noticed in one of your earlier posts that you didn't know how to change the title of a thread to update it. I don't know if you have figured it out yet...

Most people worry about me because I AM getting excited :lmao:

And THANK YOU!! No, I hadn't worked it out...

Oh wow, I can so feel your excitement and it's contagious, I am so excited for you! Your newbies are going to be blown away when they get there, I love taking newbies and sharing the moment with them. A massive congratulations on your engagement, what an awesome Xmas present for you :-). I am so looking forward to reading about your trip. Oh btw, did my first stay at pop in august and I loved loved it! The theming is fabulous and I loved it so much am taking my kids in December, over a moderate, it's that much fun, you're all gonna love it. Can't wait to read more x

Fantastic - Your excitement is contagious and I love the bouncing on the chair with ds :banana::banana:

6 weeks is sooooooooo close and you will be on that plane in no time !!!

31 days to go!!! :cool1:

Even DF is getting excited now ;)

I've organised the travel money through FairFX - our cash dollars arrived today, the card is on order and should arrive in a week or so, and the rest of the money I can either load onto the card while there, or just use my normal credit card and pay it off when we come home.

The birthday fairy left me some things I was wanting to get before we go, and some money to get the rest, I'm a lucky girl. :thumbsup2

The mousekeeping envelopes are printed out and cut up, and stuck together - DS12 and I spent a fun afternoon doing that!

Room request has been made through Virgin, and a new invoice is winging it's way to me with that included :thumbsup2

Taxi TO the airport is booked, taxi FROM the airport for when we come home :sad1: is still to be booked, but DF is on the case.

And we've just about got all the paperwork sorted that we might need for taking kids with us who aren't mine.

My spray tan is booked for the evening before we leave! :lmao: Being a Scots lass, I'm rather pale... and prefer to be even just a little bit tanned before the legs appear in shorts for the first time in about 5 years!

NEARLY THERE!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Just waiting for a few things to be delivered in the post.

Suitcases are in the study, with a few bits in them already, and packing list is written, and up on the wall. And I keep remembering things and adding to it! It's a good job I don't pack at the last minute, there's no way I'd take everything I needed.

I'm just itching to go now... it's soooooooooo close, but still so far away...

Cheers for now,
VailaTigger
x

I've just caught up with this. Congratulations on your engagement.:goodvibes I loved all of your excitement in the build up to your trip - 1 month to go!!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Thanks everyone for reading, and posting such lovely comments! :thumbsup2

Thought I would share a phone conversation which DF recounted to me last night...
He was booking the taxi from the airport when we get home. (Some of the boring bits are missed out)

Lovely taxi lady - Hello, *** taxis, how can I help?
DF - I would like to book a taxi from Glasgow Airport on our return from holiday? I sent you an email last week for a quote.
Lovely taxi lady - no problem, I have that here, and the quote should be about right. What time is your flight landing?
DF - 09.35
Lovely taxi lady - OK, and what's the flight number?
DF - VS***
Lovely taxi lady - thanks, that's great. And where are you going?
DF - Disney World.
Lovely taxi lady - sounds fantastic, but I doubt we'd be able to get you there by taxi... I meant where would you like us to take you when you land at Glasgow Airport again?
DF (with much embarrassment) - Oh, sorry... *** via ***
Lovely taxi lady - no problem, that's a bit easier than Disney. That's you all booked, I'll text you the details, and just call us when your plane lands and we'll make sure your taxi will be waiting for you.

ROFL!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: Looks like DF is catching the Disney bug and he's not even been yet ;) The pixie dust is working ;)

VailaTigger
x

18 SLEEPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

... and believe it or not, I think I'm organised!!

I think we've bought everything we need to, paperwork and official bits all sorted, money sorted (apart from putting a bit more on the FairFx card just before we go), and I'm half packed... DF and DSx2 will start to pack this coming weekend.

Just waiting for things to be delivered:-
Plan of attack from Simon and Susan
Park tickets :scared1:
Virgin travel documents :scared1:

It's got to that stage where it's so close I can FEEL it... but there isn't much more I can do until the final pack just before we go.

I just need to sit and wait. Which is impossible! :lmao:

Right. Off to check the WDW weather. Again. :thumbsup2

VailaTigger
x

11 sleeps.....

And I'm going to call Virgin to ask where my travel documents are, and Air Miles to ask where my park tickets are...

:mad::mad:

yay not long to go :cool1:

Im would be so excited like you and really nervous too.
Hope your tickets come soon.xxxx:wizard:

Sounds like youve got some great plans, cant wait to here all about it when you get back.xxx

Called both Virgin and Air Miles yesterday...

Got a nice Indian gentleman at Virgin :rolleyes: who informed me that the tickets had not been sent... :eek: but that he would request that they were sent 1st class that day, and if I hadn't got them by Friday to call again...
I was fully expecting to have to chase again, but they arrived today! :woohoo: my other half called to tell me that it was all there, the whole package, dated yesterday.
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 for Virgin!!

Air Miles were helpful too, their supplier apparently sends the tickets to them special delivery 7-10 days before departure, then they send them to me by special delivery and call me to tell me they're coming... Not got anything from them yet, but fully prepared to rattle their cage again on Friday if I need to. ;)

TEN SLEEPS!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I can't believe the time is almost here!

Your excitement is certainly contagious! I want to go!!!!!!!

Have a wonderful time and ENJOY!

Thanks everyone for reading, and posting such lovely comments! :thumbsup2

Thought I would share a phone conversation which DF recounted to me last night...
He was booking the taxi from the airport when we get home. (Some of the boring bits are missed out)

Lovely taxi lady - Hello, *** taxis, how can I help?
DF - I would like to book a taxi from Glasgow Airport on our return from holiday? I sent you an email last week for a quote.
Lovely taxi lady - no problem, I have that here, and the quote should be about right. What time is your flight landing?
DF - 09.35
Lovely taxi lady - OK, and what's the flight number?
DF - VS***
Lovely taxi lady - thanks, that's great. And where are you going?
DF - Disney World.
Lovely taxi lady - sounds fantastic, but I doubt we'd be able to get you there by taxi... I meant where would you like us to take you when you land at Glasgow Airport again?
DF (with much embarrassment) - Oh, sorry... *** via ***
Lovely taxi lady - no problem, that's a bit easier than Disney. That's you all booked, I'll text you the details, and just call us when your plane lands and we'll make sure your taxi will be waiting for you.

ROFL!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: Looks like DF is catching the Disney bug and he's not even been yet ;) The pixie dust is working ;)

VailaTigger
x

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
That actually made me choke on my drink as i was laughing so much, love it!!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
That actually made me choke on my drink as i was laughing so much, love it!!

:lmao: thanks Claire!

8 days to go now.... :cool1::cheer2:

STILL waiting for the park tickets though :scared1: WHY OH WHY OH WHY do companies leave it SO close to your departure date to send things out? I ordered and paid for them on the 12th of January! :mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter