Back to the Med Greece/Turkey in 2013! Complete!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by MinnieDiva, Feb 1, 2012.

1. MinnieDiva

MinnieDiva Obsessive Trip Planner

1st sea day narrative and pictures are up pg 1.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MinnieDiva

We heard that apparently someone had complained. Whether that is true or not, who knows. :confused3

4. mindelmouse

mindelmouse Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

I, of course, since I have been raving about my pasta carbonara since my last trip, had to have it again and I was not disappointed. Sam had their Margherita pizza, which is different than in the US...In Italy Margherita is like a cheese pizza here...and I think the Basil issue that Lisa and Rich has was on their pizza..it was served without basil because the kids asked for it that way :rotfl:
    [​IMG]

Kim forgot to mention the best thing ever We didn't lose Sam this time :cool1::banana:

5. mindelmouse

I too woke up at about 9 am. I went up with Jim for a cup of coffee at the Cove Cafe, then we went down to Deck 4 to walk. Within 15 minutes of getting there, we saw Haylee sitting on the side and she reminded us that it was 11 a.m. and the Gold/Platinum reception was starting in Rockin' Bar D. Jim had gone to the first one we were eligible for in October and found out a lot of future plans DCL had, so I was anxious to hear what they had to say.

I got there to a packed house. I found the only empty table in the back by the DJ booth. They were passing out drinks and hors d'oeuvres. Mike the assistant cruise director was there and he actually sang. Peter came up and introduced the Captain (now no one expects me to say this - especially the way I bash Peter as a cruise director, but I have to say, after 4 cruises with him. He's actually growing on me. He was by far the friendliest on this cruise. He interacted with us and stopped to talk to us all the time. Very unlike cruises I've had with him before). The Captain spoke but really didn't talk about anything we didn't know about all ready. Just what the changes to the Magic were going to be. At the end the passed around the Mickey crispy treats and it was over. I actually went with Sam for a quick lunch upstairs while Haylee and Jim went pin trading and then went to the atrium.

I actually, seeing how crowded the adult pool was, went over to the Goofy pool (where I believe Kim finally found me) and sat there and read my book until 5 pm, when I had to take Haylee to get her hair done.

So while Kim went off to bed, I walked around the corner from our dinner in Lumiere's and found a bunch of our FB/DIS crew having a toga party in the Promenade Lounge. Now you need to understand that originally they wanted to have a toga party on Mykonos night, but it was supposed to be pirate night, so they decided to do it early. First order of business for me, get rid of heels and get comfortable, so after changing we wandered around until we found the crew back up on Deck 9
    [​IMG]

The bunch of us stood at the bar by the Goofy pool and Ann Marie the bartender served us drinks. At about 11;30, Tisa (Rockin' Bar D host) and Lee ( Mr. Bingo) came out on the Goofy stage to rehearse a new deck party they were having for Greece. We apparently didn't hear the director's telling us to ignore them and became very interactive in their rehearsal, serving as test subjects.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

After that a few of us chatted with Tisa for a while and then off to bed.

6. Tired mom of 3 boys

Tired mom of 3 boys Earning My Ears

I am loving all the trip reports and the stories! OPA!

7. mindelmouse

Thanks my OPA friend.

8. lilpooh108

lilpooh108 DIS Veteran

Wow, that's too bad. That show as hilarious. :confused:

I liked your Rome day. Looked like a lot of fun. :thumbsup2

9. MinnieDiva

2nd sea day narrative is up!

10. MinnieDiva

I'm having vacation withdrawal. :(

I wanna go back!!!

Long day at work.....more tomorrow....

11. Deb in IA

Deb in IA Knows that KIDS are better

Me too!

12. MinnieDiva

....narrative is up. Pics will come tomorrow....my bed calls...

13. pxlbarrel

pxlbarrel <font color=teal>They won't allow any kind of cow

What time did you guys get off the ship? When we left on our Port Adventure, there were girls, just before you got inside the terminal, in white flowing robes handing us olive branches. I stuck that in my hat (did not call it macaroni) and wore it all day. LOL

14. MinnieDiva

Holy cow. Completely forgot about that!! Thanks...will go back and correct that!! I didn't get a picture and didn't take the leaves myself, so I'd put it out of my mind.

You should post that sunrise picture of Athens you took. It's awesome!!

15. MinnieDiva

is edited and up!!!:thumbsup2

In looking at the pictures there were some details I added in :goodvibes

16. mardonna

mardonna Mouseketeer

what med ports have wifi...im leaving today

17. pxlbarrel

pxlbarrel <font color=teal>They won't allow any kind of cow

Malta ... if you eat at one of the port terminal restaurants, you can use their wifi.

Paraeus is supposed to have wifi but I could never connect.

Mykonos... if you eat at one of the restaurants, you can use their wifi.

Unlike the med cruise we took 2 years ago, I found it incredibly "frustrating" that I couldn't find a decent wifi or even a bad wifi at most of the ports. "Free" wifi meant buying something at a cafe or restaurant or entering a cell phone number and or a lot of information before you could use it... Even the Starbucks in Athens ... I had to buy something to get the password to the wifi. (I did buy something but ironically, I didn't stay long enough to use it.) LOL

18. abayaflowers

abayaflowers DIS Veteran

Free WIFI @ VF@their cruise terminal.
    LaSpezia restaurants, but we love eating so it was no problem.
    Civitavecchia...tapped into the free WIFI @McDs across from the cruise terminal entrance.
    Athens you need to go to the lobby of Terminal A 10 mins away.
    Kusadasi we loved the terminal restaurant and got WIFI.
    Too busy in Mykonos but the delicious restaurants all had Wifi.
    Malta's city centre had it. It was free.

19. MinnieDiva

Looks like you got that answered!! It's all over, but you just have to keep searching for it...

HAVE FUN!!!!:banana:

20. mindelmouse

Not much to add to Kim's posting...my day was pretty much the same...got up late, went for walk on deck 4 and actually hooked up with some new friends and chatted (made walk go much faster. Then I did some pool time until about 2.

Here's some more pictures from our Deck 7 get together -
    [​IMG][​IMG]

After dinner, Jim and I went to Rockin' Bar D to see the Paul Zerdin (ventriloquist) adult show. It was so crowded we ended up in Diversions watching it on a screen.

21. mindelmouse

Our Guide's name was Athanasia (I got the correct spelling from Frank when he thanked me for the Trip Advisor review) and our driver's name was George. In the gift bag's that Frank gave us there were 3 different books. I was lucky enough to get all three. Some more pics:
    View from Acropois
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

High noon is a good guess, but it was 11 a.m. (remember she was afraid we were going to miss it because it was like 10:45 when we got back on the bus.)
    The guards were neat. They were actually there guarding the tomb of the unknown soldier. The ceremony of it all was amazing. Jim took very quick successive photographs that actually look really neat. Have more to add but will need to do it later....