Back to the Med Greece/Turkey in 2013! Complete!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by MinnieDiva, Feb 1, 2012.

1. mindelmouse

mindelmouse Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

We on the other hand were up at 7:00 a.m (all except Haylee, who I had to wake up at 9)...I had returned to my hotel the night before, laid down on my bed at about 9:30 and it took every ounce of energy I had to get myself up and undressed. Needless to say I think I was out before everyone else. We had the kids shower before bed, and we showered in the morn. Jim went out for Starbucks, he picked up the wine and water the night before, at a nice little Romanian grocery across the street. He actually bought Romanian white wine. In all the activity, I actually forgot that today was my birthday until the kids started singing. We were all dressed in our proper attire (the Mickey shirts that Kim made for everyone). Minivan taxi picked us up at 10:30 and we made our way to the port. Shortly after we got online, Kim and family came driving up. So, I didn't realize that my camera was on movie mode (where my son had left it the day before when he was shooting at La Sagrada) so I was talking pictures, but they all came out in a movie...so here are pictures, door and all from day one.
    [​IMG]
    We actually had two cabins across the hall from each other. A navigator's veranda (which we hardly used except to take pictures upon entering a port - it felt too closed in for me) and an inside 7128/7129. We were aft a few doors away from the Deck 7 secret veranda. We got all our luggage before the group meet at 3 pm and were mostly unpacked by the time we got there. Even Jim's tuxedo had come. It was really fun meeting everyone. It was the biggest get together I had ever experienced and the fun part was that throughout the cruise most people really got along and made some new lifelong friends. I got to the sail away party late and couldn't find anyone but Kim's dad, Jerry and Jim bringing me a birthday drink. I also went down and place my Roaming Mickey Magnet on Kim's door to start his adventure.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mindelmouse

Here's some more pics from Nice and the town and market

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    I think it was actually only 6 Euros a person. I paid $32.12 USD for 4 people...per my cash card
    He actually one bet 2 Euros, so not too big a loss.:rotfl2:..he wanted me to go in with him, but I just didn't want to. Here's some more pics

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. mindelmouse

Just wanted to add some pics to confirm how much we had tired out by then. Remember we hadn't had a break, flew in Friday morning after being up all day and night the day before, up reasonable early Saturday to get on the ship. Early 8:30 meet for the tour on Sunday and then an 7:30 to meet to get tender to shore...this made for very tired people. We were very ready for a sea day, but alas one more port to go first.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. MrsG

MrsG <font color=peach>We teachers ARE the worst!<br><f

MinnieDiva, thank you again so much for the navigators. It was such a big help in helping us plan out our trip!!!!! :lovestruc

6. MrsG

For those of you that did Disney excursions, did they give out free water bottles on the bus?

7. Babyhare

Babyhare Earning My Ears

What a way to build excitement! Thank you for posting the Navigators.:yay:

8. Disneyfalcon

Disneyfalcon DIS Veteran

I love reading your reports! It's so fun to relive through someone else's eyes! :)

Let me say, I am soooo glad we didn't do the Go Cars now! I fully planned on it, but didn't realize until too close that we needed international driver's licenses. We would have had 5 cars which sounds like it would have been a nightmare.

Keep it coming!

9. pxlbarrel

pxlbarrel <font color=teal>They won't allow any kind of cow

Yes, there was a bottle of water for us on every excursion we went on.

10. MrsG

Thanks! It's just DH&I and we hate to buy a case of water. We did the last time and had way too much left over as we got water on each DCL excursion we did. Glad to see they are still doing that.

11. pxlbarrel

pxlbarrel <font color=teal>They won't allow any kind of cow

We had a bottle of water with us when we boarded the ship and on the first excursion, we filled it up at the drink station. When they gave us a bottle on the bus, we had 2 bottles each then. We were always 1 bottle extra from that point on ... and when we got to Ephesus, we really needed the 2 bottles. LOL

12. MrsG

That's exactly what we plan to do!!!!! :rotfl:

13. lilpooh108

lilpooh108 DIS Veteran

Did you like the apartment you stayed at? Would you stay there again? Was there good sound insulation and were the washer/dryers good?

I'm asking all these questions b/c we're doing the WBTA next year and we thought the apartment that we stayed at this time was just OK. It was rather noisy and there was little privacy b/c the sound insulation within the apartment itself was bad. The washer/dryer also didn't work well (it was one of the 2-in-1 ones).

Your insight on the apartment topic is appreciated!

14. MinnieDiva

MinnieDiva Obsessive Trip Planner

We liked the 1st apartment better. It was quieter, off the main path, and had we been there longer the kitchen was more spacious. The washer dryer was ok. Slow compared to what we are used to here. I'm thinking that most people hang laundry to dry to save energy.

The second apartment was not bad, but it was narrow. We were above the restaurant, so it was louder, at least in one of the rooms. DD and I were in one and DH and my dad were in the other and DH says that the loudest thing in that room was my dad's snoring. Earplugs helped...lol!!! We did not try the washer....In fact, in talking to DH, I wonder if the unit was and all-in-one...where it will finish washing and then dry immediately after. The kitchen was very small. I did not take any pics of it :(. I get so sad at the end of vacations I can't bear to document it.

15. MinnieDiva

Welcome!!

16. MinnieDiva

It would have been smart of us to have a "what if plan". Bad on us. I think that might have been a bit of an improvement. Still wishing we could have repeated the fat tire bike tour.

17. lilpooh108

lilpooh108 DIS Veteran

Thanks for your response. Do you mind giving out details on the name of the apartment, what street it was on, the closest metro stop to it and where you booked it at? Sorry for all the questions....We might interested in it for next year. Thanks so much!

18. MinnieDiva

The site I used was this:

http://www.aspasios.com/barcelona

The last time I looked, the apartment I rented, 42 Rambla Catalyuna, was no longer available for short term rentals. They have an extensive search criteria, though, for you to put in what you want in terms of a rental. I didn't use the Metro this trip and did not plot out apartments in relation to Metro stops.

19. MinnieDiva

Correction...I was able to find this one in the same building for a minimum 3-night rental:

http://www.aspasios.com/barcelona/a...alunya-suites-8?date_in=&date_out=&persones=4

20. lilpooh108

lilpooh108 DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for your help :thumbsup2 Can't wait for more updates!

BTW--- I completely agree about the no pub show. I thought it was just for this cruise. Do you mean that there's no more "If I were not upon the sea?" That is my FAVORITE. I literally ditched my DH and DD one year just to run in to see that show. :rotfl: They entertained themselves with Chicken strips.

21. mindelmouse

Yes that what she means. No more if I were not upon the sea on any DCL ship.