Back to the Med Greece/Turkey in 2013! Complete!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by MinnieDiva, Feb 1, 2012.

1. MinnieDiva

MinnieDiva Obsessive Trip Planner

It's official! I'm on vacation!!!!! I walked out of work today with the biggest grin on my face!!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. debsters41

debsters41 DIS Veteran

Can I bring you anything :lmao:

4. MinnieDiva

Lol!!!! Thanks for the offer!

5. pixie08

pixie08 DIS Veteran

Have a great time guys!!!

6. mindelmouse

mindelmouse Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

So we realized today that if you want to do the Go Cars in Barcelona, you need to get a international driving permit. Otherwise you run the risk of being pulled over and getting a fine of 500 Euros. :eek:

Thankfully they are easily and quickly obtained at AAA. Kim got hers on the way to the airport. I will get mine tomorrow.

Another thing I am seeing, which I don't remember happening last time I went to the Med., is many of our cruise group are having plane issues. From the Air France strike causing cancellations, to a lot of delayed flights in the US. It seems like everyone is getting off okay, but much later than expected.

My flight leaves out of Philadelphia tomorrow night at 6:25. The weather is supposed to be horrible, so I already anticipate delays. I'm pulling the kids out of school at about 2:30.

Kim's on her way to San Francisco and at 6:45 am EDT she's going to the airport to catch her plane eastward. We're both expected to be in BCN early Friday morning but she may encounter the same delays as I do, as the final leg of her journey is out of JFK. Wish us luck!!!

7. debsters41

debsters41 DIS Veteran

Best of Luck!

8. MinnieDiva

We're at SFO!! Sitting here at just after 5 am, drinking coffee, already thru security. Flight departs at 0705, so we have some time to kill. We ended up getting into San Jose last night about 9:30 after the plane had to be replaced, and after getting to dad's house and getting to bed, it ended up being more of a nap than a night's sleep. Hoping to sleep on the plane....

Yes, completely spaced on the driving permits. Totally unlike me. Mindy was hoping to parlay that into not doing the cars. Been planning it for more than a year and yesterday was trying to throw roadblocks in the way...kept reminding her that she didn't HAVE to do the same thing we are. Gonna see way more this way, tho! Permit process super easy at AAA. To expedite, we had the pics taken prior to leaving home, but they do take them on site if needed.

9. MinnieDiva

I'm starting to fill in the posts saved on the first page....I'll post here to state there is an update...

10. OurDogCisco

OurDogCisco DIS Veteran

Excited for you guys.... On our 07-07-07 Med cruise there were tons for airline issues. I don't want to list them as I might jinx you. Everything will work out. Have a fun trip...

11. MinnieDiva

Thanks!

12. tinkerbelltwins

tinkerbelltwins DIS Veteran

Bon Voyage! Have fun and be safe! :)

Beth

13. MinnieDiva

Thanks, Beth
    :)

14. mindelmouse

Luggage - packed...not without one more check in piece than expected:confused3
    international drivers permits - in hand.
    picking up kids in 1/2 an hour
    going to airport to sit because based on this weather delays are a certainty...hopefully we get to Barcelona some time before the ship leaves:crazy2:

15. MinnieDiva

Updated post #2. BTW......

WE GET ON THE SHiP TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :cool1::cool1::thumbsup2:thumbsup2:dance3::dance3:

16. mindelmouse

So since I can't update posts at the beginning I'll have to do mine here. I have two plus days of travelogue to write tonight. Will be three by then. Once i do that I will copy and paste. Was just gonna feed off of Kim's but it will be very disjointed with hers at the beginning and mine at end

17. MinnieDiva

posts #'s 3 and 4 added to.

18. OurDogCisco

OurDogCisco DIS Veteran

WooHoo... Loving the updates! Thanks for sharing. Sorry the cars didn't work out. I can't wait to see pictures of your apartment. I love House Hunter's International so, I can't wait to see what it looks like. Have a great cruise...

19. debsters41

debsters41 DIS Veteran

:cheer2::wave2: have a great trip and I will most likely come down to see the Magic. I believe I am your greatest fan :rotfl2:

20. lgajohnson

lgajohnson Mouseketeer

So I have eagerly been following your ptr and am loving this tr....being the ocd person I am...the one point that has jumped out at me is you talking about the dryers on 6 & 7 being broken...that would put a HUGE kink in my packing plan:laundy:...could you elaborate? Or where was the board post?

Thanks so much! Enjoy your trip and Safe travels...I will wave to you as you get off and we get on the boat on the 27th!:yay:

21. MinnieDiva

The dryers had issues on the cruise previous to ours. Appears to be fixed...

Heading to Lucca. Rome in limo had wifi in the VAN!!!!!! Having a great time...weather beautiful. Villefranche was clouded over but humid. I was comfortable tho. Today sunny and amazing!! Will try to type stuff to update in van tomorrow (if they have wifi).