Back to the Med Greece/Turkey in 2013! Complete!

If anyone was wondering about a phone solution, I have an iPhone 4 with Verizon. So it originally wouldn't work. We bought a mobil hotspot through AT&T and it costs $15 a day for unlimited overseas. So we are going to carry the hotspot and just have the iPhone use the wifi off the hotspot. Then we bought a Skype phone # that only costs $5 for 1 month of unlimited minutes, no contract involved.Then we just have to make calls from the Skype app on our iPhone. It works great.

OK, magnets pretty much done. Euro's to start off trip ordered (gonna use ATM network when we get there). Camera packed, clothes tried on (now I know what doesn't fit :scared:)...Just actually packing left...I leave in 11 days.:yay:

...and so you'd think with my particular brand of OCD that I'd already be packed, right?

:rotfl2::rotfl:

Not even close. :scared: Yeah, starting to feel that wee bit of pressure. This weekend will be full, to say the least. Cleaning and packing. Plus a trip to REI, Old Navy, and a graduation party for one of DH's co-worker's sons. I work tomorrow, Monday, and Tuesday. Sigh.

We ended up adding another family to our Turkey excursion which ended up costing us $10 less per adult and $5 less per child. No, I'm not going to comment on the protests in Turkey. I'm thinking positive.

One bank/credit card still to call . I NEED to remember this during business hours. It's my credit union and they are not very forgiving with their hours.

To add to my stress, I just applied and was accepted to grad school. Yeah...I really need to add something else to my plate...:scared1:

At some point on the 12th, I'll contact one of the Moderators and ask to have this thread moved from pre-trip reports to TR in progress. Look for the change....not sure how long it will take to get this moved....:confused3

...and so you'd think with my particular brand of OCD that I'd already be packed, right?

:rotfl2::rotfl:

Not even close. :scared: Yeah, starting to feel that wee bit of pressure. This weekend will be full, to say the least. Cleaning and packing. Plus a trip to REI, Old Navy, and a graduation party for one of DH's co-worker's sons. I work tomorrow, Monday, and Tuesday. Sigh.

We ended up adding another family to our Turkey excursion which ended up costing us $10 less per adult and $5 less per child. No, I'm not going to comment on the protests in Turkey. I'm thinking positive.

One bank/credit card still to call . I NEED to remember this during business hours. It's my credit union and they are not very forgiving with their hours.

To add to my stress, I just applied and was accepted to grad school. Yeah...I really need to add something else to my plate...:scared1:

At some point on the 12th, I'll contact one of the Moderators and ask to have this thread moved from pre-trip reports to TR in progress. Look for the change....not sure how long it will take to get this moved....:confused3

How interesting that you are at the same point I am. Who would have thunk it? Congrats on grad school. When ya gonna fit that in? What degree are you planning on?

So exactly 6 days from right now I will be on a airplane heading for Barcelona:cool1:

I can't believe it's almost here already. So much to do this weekend, from last minute shopping to packing, to making sure the kids have all their school work complete before we leave. I have lists galore but not one for what I pack. I usually figure that out as we go along. I'm so excited being focused at work is difficult and I have only 3 more of those days to contend with:banana:

So here we are at t-4 and I realize that the kids need to be camp ready before we leave because they start the Monday after we return.

Yesterday was pretty productive we went to the mall and got some last-minute stuff I got my nails on my toes done and we went to Kohls and got some last-minute stuff and then i actually got my son to go through his drawers and his closet and try on all the clothes in his room so we can actually clean out the stuff that didn't fit him and pack for the trip believe it or not I now have four bags to give to Goodwill. My daughter was out all day at a bat mitzvah so we gave her a little leeway she was working on it last night and this morning

So we are about 50% packed have a couple of minor things to do but we should definitely be ready by Thursday

First protests in Tunisia now in Turkey :rotfl: Don't worry, I am sure all will be well. I am so excited for you! I can't wait to read your report! You are doing one right as you see markers for it?;) Dan and I are seriously considering this trip for 2014. We have been one year behind you guys since Alaska! I am using you as my Guinea pig lol.

First protests in Tunisia now in Turkey :rotfl: Don't worry, I am sure all will be well. I am so excited for you! I can't wait to read your report! You are doing one right as you see markers for it?;) Dan and I are seriously considering this trip for 2014. We have been one year behind you guys since Alaska! I am using you as my Guinea pig lol.

Thanks. Mary. Love being your guinea pig. Would love for you to catch up and be there.

I wish we didn't cancel our cruise. I'll have to live through all of you. Have a great trip..

:sad2: :sad1:

Lol...no kidding. What is up with these "T" countries...???

The house is clean and the last minute shopping trip is done. Packing....30%-plus done? Maybe? All the formal wear and pirate night stuff is packed away in a suitcase. Outfits have been tried on and grouped together. Now, I just have to do the logistics of packing outfits across the remaining cases. I also aim to keep the stuff we need on our travel days (until we get on the ship) in one case so that we don't have to rifle thru them all to look for stuff. Whether that works or not has yet to be seen.

Copies of passports and CC's? Done. But you know what I found out? The CC that I never use that has the best transaction fee rate is expired. :scared1: And I never got new ones. They expired January. OF LAST YEAR. :eek: I'm going to have words with the bank tomorrow. Couldn't call them this weekend...because they're a credit union and god forbid they have weekend hours. Good think I have another back-up card.....

Wallet? Pared down. Sunscreen? Lots. Waterproof and otherwise. Need to drop stuff off at the library and go get extra dog food. Garage? Cleaned and ready for dog to be in during the day (in and out to the backyard if weather good).

What am I missing??

I sent emails to all the companies/hotels I've prearranged for one last confirmation. Two have emailed back already! :thumbsup2

BTW....in the Port of La Spezia...I was told that they no longer let cars near the port area. A shuttle apparently will take you to whatever area is external to this, and that is where tour guides will meet you. More to come on this...

I can feel the excitement heightening! My heart beat quickens as I read this thread. :yay: I wish I could say I'm exaggerating...but I'm not. We're on the sailing after you and this really is the trip of a lifetime! Hope your's goes well and can't wait to read the trip report afterward. I'll be writing a report too. I don't know if you got an internet plan, but we'd love to hear an update during the sailing!

I can feel the excitement heightening! My heart beat quickens as I read this thread. :yay: I wish I could say I'm exaggerating...but I'm not. We're on the sailing after you and this really is the trip of a lifetime! Hope your's goes well and can't wait to read the trip report afterward. I'll be writing a report too. I don't know if you got an internet plan, but we'd love to hear an update during the sailing!

Oh wow you're traveling with our friends Lori and Susan. I'll have access via phone data plan. Will try to post when i can

My plan is to write stuff while at sea and then post in port with access to wi-fi. Whether that comes to fruition...well...we'll have to "sea". HAHAHA!!

So either I've gotten better at packing or I've forgotten something. I have all 3 large suitcases packed with room in each. The one suitcase that has a backpack attached will not need it, and I haven't even gotten out the carry-on sized bags. I'm thinking that some rearrangement will happen, but the carryons need to come...I need one for wine and the other for water. Do you know DCL wants to charge $48 for a case of water? I think NOT! Whatever is on the website doesn't include taxes and whatnot, so don't be fooled...

One more bank to call. I forgot that they are in a different time zone :(. Tomorrow is the last work day...a meeting was changed on me and I have to be at work at 0700. Ouch. But...that means I can leave early!!!! And my afternoon is packed with training, so it'll go quick :)!!

Leaves more room to bring stuff back with you!! Can't wait to read your trip report as we are on the July cruise to Greece. DH and DS are headed to South America on Thursday without me...so I'll have 10 days on my own to obsess about the cruise and all the things we need to do to get ready for it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter