Back to the Med Greece/Turkey in 2013! Complete!

There are limits to the law and it is not as extensive as the US version. Also, I don't think it requires them to assume liability for the chair and they will be within their rights to refuse it. Plus it's very new and the "phase in" period is just starting

Keep in mind Europe is by no means anywhere CLOSE to us when it comes to the accommodations. Some of it's physical limitations. (It's hard to put elevators in ancient buildings made of stone) but a lot of it is cultural... the push is not there to do things like "curb cuts", accessible transport etc... For example, I love Paris but am continually amazed that major subway stations are basically "off limits" to a large segment of the population.

OrangeCountyCommuter said:
There are limits to the law and it is not as extensive as the US version. Also, I don't think it requires them to assume liability for the chair and they will be within their rights to refuse it. Plus it's very new and the "phase in" period is just starting

Keep in mind Europe is by no means anywhere CLOSE to us when it comes to the accommodations. Some of it's physical limitations. (It's hard to put elevators in ancient buildings made of stone) but a lot of it is cultural... the push is not there to do things like "curb cuts", accessible transport etc... For example, I love Paris but am continually amazed that major subway stations are basically "off limits" to a large segment of the population.

It boggles the mind when you think of all that could be restrictive....but what Ame was asking doesn't seem too much to me. Couldn't even BRING the wheelchair and leave it folded with the luggage? That seems excessive.

And the planning progresses. Saturday evening is the 90-day check-in mark!!! All I really need to do is jockey for 2 excursions and some spa time....

Finished DD's semi-formal dress today. Nearly ruined it yesterday...didn't realize DH had used the iron and had jacked up the heat. Yup. Burnt a hole in the fabric. Thankfully it was under dd's arm...hidden. In May I'll get her some new dress shoes. If I buy them now she'll have a growth spurt just to spite me.

It boggles the mind when you think of all that could be restrictive....but what Ame was asking doesn't seem too much to me. Couldn't even BRING the wheelchair and leave it folded with the luggage? That seems excessive.

We're pretty understanding of limitations, but the value of the chair would be less than what some people would have in their luggage. We're used to having to work harder for our DD to experience the same things as children without her physical limitation, but it is nice when small allowances are made for her inclusion. Which is why we love spending time in the US & Canada!!! It is so *easy* for us.

Finished DD's semi-formal dress today. Nearly ruined it yesterday...didn't realize DH had used the iron and had jacked up the heat. Yup. Burnt a hole in the fabric. Thankfully it was under dd's arm...hidden. In May I'll get her some new dress shoes. If I buy them now she'll have a growth spurt just to spite me.

Forgot about semi-formal! What is your DD's dress like? My DD wants to wear a Disney princess dress for formal night, but we haven't gotten to semi-formal night. Thank goodness it was hidden!

We're pretty understanding of limitations, but the value of the chair would be less than what some people would have in their luggage. We're used to having to work harder for our DD to experience the same things as children without her physical limitation, but it is nice when small allowances are made for her inclusion. Which is why we love spending time in the US & Canada!!! It is so *easy* for us.
You must have boundless patience. I salute you :). I work in healthcare...it's expected and standard of care to do all that you can for those who are differenly-abled. I'd be out of my mind if I were in your shoes!

Forgot about semi-formal! What is your DD's dress like? My DD wants to wear a Disney princess dress for formal night, but we haven't gotten to semi-formal night. Thank goodness it was hidden!

I will post a pic in a bit....

I will post a pic in a bit....

6A06B494_zps6bea6980.jpg

And so far so good. :thumbsup2 Got the excursions we wanted, but still have to wait for the 75-day mark for dad. I updated the first page with more details if anyone is interested. Got a few spa appointments, Jim took care of Palo when they were able to book, so that wasn't a worry. Got the new passport info added in for DD, so I was able to print out the signature form! Seems so tangible now!! Looking forward to that day when we get the "booklet" in the mail! Love me my Mickey mail!! :cool1:

That's such a gorgeous dress!! You're very talented, I can sew buttons :rotfl:

I love Mickey mail too!! Can't wait for it to arrive.

Hello from 38000 feet! I am officially on my way home from my last trip before the Med cruise!! We went to FL for a week for a reunion in Tampa, but got a few Disney fixes in, as well as a 1st visit to one of the waterparks! We decided on Typhoon Lagoon after much hemming and hawing (well, on my part), and had a nice time in spite of the rather cool weather. Yes, it was the end of March and the weather was decidedly cool. In the car today the thermometer was reading 53 degrees!!! At noon! That is wrong.

But, in true planning fashion, the trip was never far from my mind. We booked our tickets today for La Sagrada Familia, and I will do my Coliseum tickets tomorrow when I can print them out. BTW, I did the Familia tix on the iPad with no printer around thinking they would send an email with a PDF attachment. Not so much. But it's thru Ticketmaster and the email has the reference #. Also, I went to TM's website and if you enter in the credit card # you used you can pull up the reservation and link to print from there (or so it seems, as I'm obviously still not home....).

And...as Mindy did so today, I was reminded to do my hotel confirmations. One of the 2 has emailed back confirmation of details and offered a pre-payment discount :). I'm going to do that as well tomorrow......they also gave info on their services to the airport. Essentially I think all they do is call a taxi, but it wasn't too far off what we paid last time....need to read that a bit more and give it some thought. This was all for the Hispanios Siete Suiza, BTW. The apartment has yet to respond. I get the impression that they are not a 24-hour office and given the time change they were likely already closed. This was the one I'd booked first that I had a few issues of confusion with.....so it'll be interesting to see what they come back with.

How is everyone else's planning going?? I love being in the double digits....the next big milestone is Sunday night...the 75 day booking mark. Get the 2 excursions booked for dad....

I went to the Ticketmaster site today to retrieve my ticket info for printing, and what ended up happening was that they emailed that PDF document that I assumed would have been sent in the 1st place! So not only did I print them out, but I saved the email and also saved the documents to my computer. Just in case. I lose my organizational abilities. :lmao:

I also submitted the prepayment and got really quick response to my emailed documents. Very nice! I had the email from the apartment in my inbox this morning as well confirming the rate and dates. I'm still awaiting a response as to whether they will do a prepayment discount or not.

Bought the Coliseum tickets....they do need to be printed immediately. The email they send does have a contact area in case your printer decides to not work at that crucial moment...or if you run out of ink at just the wrong time...

Ok...so I'm going to go back and do some edits in the reserved posts at some time today. For those of you still following along on my antics, what kind of things do you want to know? For example...I'm going to put "menu" there, so that it reminds me to put what that day's menu was. I'm also planning on putting in the links to the ticket sites.

Come on....LET ME KNOW!!!!

I went to the Ticketmaster site today to retrieve my ticket info for printing, and what ended up happening was that they emailed that PDF document that I assumed would have been sent in the 1st place! So not only did I print them out, but I saved the email and also saved the documents to my computer. Just in case. I lose my organizational abilities. :lmao:

I also submitted the prepayment and got really quick response to my emailed documents. Very nice! I had the email from the apartment in my inbox this morning as well confirming the rate and dates. I'm still awaiting a response as to whether they will do a prepayment discount or not.

Bought the Coliseum tickets....they do need to be printed immediately. The email they send does have a contact area in case your printer decides to not work at that crucial moment...or if you run out of ink at just the wrong time...

Ok...so I'm going to go back and do some edits in the reserved posts at some time today. For those of you still following along on my antics, what kind of things do you want to know? For example...I'm going to put "menu" there, so that it reminds me to put what that day's menu was. I'm also planning on putting in the links to the ticket sites.

Come on....LET ME KNOW!!!!

We printed our Coliseum tickets today, too - I printed three sets so I will have a set with me and DH can have a set with him in case something happens to one. I'm at the point that I am ready to put together port envelopes to put tickets and tour information, confirmations, etc., in each envelope so when it's port day, I can just "grab and go."

In May I'll get her some new dress shoes. If I buy them now she'll have a growth spurt just to spite me.

That's the truth - my boys always do that - not just shoes, but clothes that fit fine one day are too small, too short, too something the day we're packing. I just pulled 5 pairs of shorts out of one of their drawers that are too small for either one of them now that just fit a month ago. I was thinking they might be set with enough clothes between them but now I have to make sure we aren't late doing laundry or they won't make it through a whole week of school. Ay yi yi.

and anything Kim misses I will keep you up to date on:thumbsup2

Last time I wrote a pretty comprehensive journal of the entire trip on my husband's ipad. I will try and do the same this time and perhaps with Kim's wonderful photography we can update you on everything. Also last time Kim and I did mostly different excursions...not so much this time:rotfl:

We printed our Coliseum tickets today, too - I printed three sets so I will have a set with me and DH can have a set with him in case something happens to one. I'm at the point that I am ready to put together port envelopes to put tickets and tour information, confirmations, etc., in each envelope so when it's port day, I can just "grab and go."

I was just thinking about the finer details of organizing yesterday and had come to that same solution! I need to hit an office supply store for some large envelopes. I also need more magnet paper. And ink. Otherwise I won't get far with printing anything!

Love the multiple copy idea! :thumbsup2

So it ends up that all our excursions are booked! I was able to get dad on the same excursions: I was in and out of booking in under 2 minutes! WOOT!

I spent part of this last week confirming reservations. In doing so, I was able to drop a day from the pre-cruise apartment, lock in early check-in, and save myself $100E! :banana: Yeah! The other thing that I notice was in response to an inquiry to join us on our post cruise excursion. I was looking at Barcelona Day Tours website to refresh my memory on what kind of vehicle we may have, and I realized that they dropped their rates from $99E/person to $89E/person. So....I have sent an email asking if we could add to our party and requesting that they match that rate. Glad I looked....:thumbsup2. I sent it this morning so I don't anticipate a response until Monday, but I will update to know what kind of response I get.

Meanwhile.....I made a semi-formal dress! LOVE it! It's a purple shade and a "charmeuse" fabric. Never worked with it before, and while it hangs beautifully, it was a bit of a slippery pain to work with. However...now I need proper undergarments :scared1:. I had to go out today to shop for some work clothes (got a different position at the same place I'm at...YAY!!!) and attempted to acquire such garments, but ended up swearing never to enter Kohl's ever again. I simply have no tolerance trying to dig thru their overpacked racks just to find out that what I need isn't there. Or find an employee that may help. But I digress....

Remember about a year ago my computer was giving me heart burn? It did it again tonight, so while I was doing some backups and whatnot, I started prepping yet another embarkation day shirt. 3 to go.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter