Back to the Med Greece/Turkey in 2013! Complete!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by MinnieDiva, Feb 1, 2012.

1. MinnieDiva

MinnieDiva Obsessive Trip Planner

Yikes! Ok....let the weather gods hear your vibes!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. burma

burma My Oh My What A Wonderful Day

Diva

I think mean Naot which are very similar to Birkenstocks?

4. bigbootee

bigbootee Rabid Disnoid

Not birkenstocks!!!:scared1:

Naot have many styles including for walking which Kim wants. They are made by kibbutz people who wear sandals as work shoes. Very different. Also have a very stylish line.

5. MinnieDiva

:rotfl2: Too funny! I would not wear Birkenstocks! And Jim sent me a link to the Walking Store and they have a TON of styles! They have one of these in my favorite mall, so I'll look and try next time I'm down that way. I also finally got an email back from the company this morning and there's a shop here in town that carries them, apparently, as well as one down island a ways. As I just paid the credit card bill from our trip, this needs to wait a while!

6. MinnieDiva

Rick Steves' new season is starting and last night we watched an hour long show titled "Rome: Eternally Engaging". It was one of the best (IMO) that he's done, and had so many lovely view of all the sights we're going to see next summer! Sigh....237 Days...

7. princessnpirate

princessnpirate Mouseketeer

Subscribing to this thread. Great reading so far!

8. MinnieDiva

Welcome!! And thank you!

9. MinnieDiva

Guess where I am??

[​IMG]

10. MinnieDiva

No one? No one guessed? Sigh, ok, I'll give....yes, I was at a Rick Steves lecture....on Italy! It was awesome! But as I'd made Ashleigh sit thru a class before that, we only stayed for about 2/3'ds of his lecture as she was soooooo done.

The first class was called "packing light and right". I giggle when I say this. Refer to previous discussions of clothing/outfit preparation. This woman traveled 3+ weeks with a handbag and a carry-on size suitcase. Ain't happening here, not intentionally anyway. But, she was informative and for those of you interested, they will be posting the travel festival videos on You Tube soon (according to them...not there as of right now).

I got some literature from the festival that I have yet to peruse. It was little books that they give as supplements for their tours. I will report back if it is anything interesting...

I was looking at my siggie and realizing that we're just over 7 months out! WOOT! Remember when I started this at the 499 day mark?

11. debsters41

debsters41 DIS Veteran

Glad you had a wonderful time! Sounds enlightening:)

12. mindelmouse

mindelmouse Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Why would I guess? I already knew...didn't want to ruin it for the others.:rotfl:

13. Tired mom of 3 boys

Tired mom of 3 boys Earning My Ears

I'm starting to plan again! I just got tickets for our family to tour Camp Nou (futbal club barcelona's museum and stadium) the day before the cruise... Hope everyone is doing well! Has anyone looked at he Picasso museum tickets? If I'm reading the website correctly, I think children under 16 get in free - does anyone know? Thanks in advance for the help!

14. o&smom

o&smom Mouseketeer

If any families of 4 or more are freaking out over hotel options/prices may I suggest another option. Our family of four will be spending 3 magical days in Paris and three magical days in Barcelona prior to our cruise due to frequent flyer tickets!:goodvibes. We have booked in both cities with Home Away. We are staying near the Louvre, just a block off from the Tuileries garden in a one bedroom apt in an 18th century building for 200 euros a night! There were many other choices that were even less expensive, but since we only get three days I was very picky on location and proximity of places I wanted to be able to walk to. In Barcelona we found a 3 bedroom apartment in a 16th century building for only 130 euros a night. Our apartment is located a block behind the main post office on a pedestrian only street between Las Ramblas and Ciutadella Parc. We are so excited to have more space, a kitchen and washer/dryer for less than a cramped hotel room!

Best wishes to all!

Marni

15. MinnieDiva

Thanks for the tip! I'm gonna have to check it out.......Home Away??

16. mindelmouse

I see you changed your signature.....are you really going or is that wishful thinking? Just to let everyone know...my BFF Kim here was trying to get me to go with her to do this 1/2 marathon in February. She said I had 100 days to train...LOL...just to give you a hint...I don't run, I'm a walker who has never walked (at least in the last 20 years) more than 5 miles at one time...big stretch..don't you think...but alas timing wise :sad2:and financially, it's not something I can afford to do right now....:sad2:

Hey how come your other one isn't here????

17. MinnieDiva

I'm going. Booked air on miles and paying for room on Disney rewards. Sean going solo for reunion in March. Other trip not there on the chance Ashleigh looks over my shoulder and sees it. That's the surprise trip.

18. o&smom

o&smom Mouseketeer

Yes, Home Away - hope you find a good fit!

Marni

19. MinnieDiva

So in case anyone hasn't noticed or seen it on another thread....DCL is beginning to post excursions....but no Greece, Turkey, Venice, or Croatia. It's a start....

And....I have begun the process of creating our matching embarkation day shirts! Gonna make a great picture!

20. disprincess4ever

disprincess4ever DIS Veteran

Where can I find the list of excursions they're starting to post?

21. mindelmouse

Go to the Disney Cruise website. Click on Cruises and destination. Then go to Europe and on the left hand side there should be a listing of ports. Click on a city and any port adventure will come up on a tab. Some of them are there. Good Luck!