Back to the Med Greece/Turkey in 2013! Complete!

Yes I actually booked my hotels as well and yes we won't be close, but the first one was sanctioned by Kim. We are staying pre cruise at Hispanios Siete Suiza. We will only be in town for one night prior, since I am trying not to pull the kids out of school for more than the 5 days they will already be out. Staying at the apts that Kim is at would be 445E because we'd have to pay for 2 nights. Our hotel seems to have plenty of room (2 bedrooms, 2 baths) and it was only 280E. However, we are not confirmed yet because I couldn't read the numbers on my DH's credit card (too worn) and one of the numbers were wrong...so I'm awaiting confirmation.

Post stay was on us. My DH booked us at the Hilton Diagonal Mar, which is way the heck out of the thick of things, however, he got the best price ever....free. :banana::banana:We are booking two rooms on Hilton points. I don't think I can beat that one. It's 5.1 KM away from Kim. The good part is we're all doing a post tour right from the port and then by the time we get dropped off at our hotels it will be evening or close to it. Our hotel has a pool so maybe all the kids can decompress there and I think we're by a metro station. I probably will get the one month of international service added to my phone, like I did in Canada. Makes communicating so much easier and may need to do it for work purposes as well.

Our precruise hotel is now confirmed:cool1:

Hmmm...we may have to look into that hotel. Dh travels a lot too and has tons of Hilton points. We booked 2 rooms in Paris for 6 nights on points for Dec 26 - Jan 1. And literally right before he booked them the price went down 150,000 points...so we could use those (and all the points he's accumulated since) for that!

I wish I could get DH off the fence about at least putting down a deposit. We did talk a little more about the trip yesterday. It would probably be our only vacation next year if we did go...but man what an amazing one it would be.

Laura,

Actually, the Hilton is one of the hotels that Disney is booking and will transfer you to, if that helps. It's just far away from everything, except the beach which is a block away. It also has a pool.
Mindy

I wish I could get DH off the fence about at least putting down a deposit. We did talk a little more about the trip yesterday. It would probably be our only vacation next year if we did go...but man what an amazing one it would be.

FYI, there was chatter on our meets thread...started by Mindy, actually, about how full the ship actually is. It was in terms of connecting rooms and such, but apparently quite a bit of inventory is booked up. A deposit can be refunded in the allowable timeframe....but you may want to do a bit of research to determine how much availability is left. While there will be cancellations and possible last minute deals, airfare may get you....

Mindy...what were the details?

FYI, there was chatter on our meets thread...started by Mindy, actually, about how full the ship actually is. It was in terms of connecting rooms and such, but apparently quite a bit of inventory is booked up. A deposit can be refunded in the allowable timeframe....but you may want to do a bit of research to determine how much availability is left. While there will be cancellations and possible last minute deals, airfare may get you....

Mindy...what were the details?

Details r that I tried to trade out my room for the dummy date I just bkd onbd and TA said there was nothing available to trade for and if I released my room I'd lose it. Everything above cat 5 is sold out and any other levels only have guarantees available

And on the cruise I'm on, the July 13th to Greece, for kicks yesterday I plugged in two adults and two kids and NO verandahs showed up at all. Either there are lots of kids on board and there is a lifeboat/kids club issue, or something else is happening. Only insides and ocean views are available for families four and larger. Course, this might all change when the PIF date hits. I think the Greece itinerary is just really popular with people and since there are only two 12 days there, it is a hit!

We would likely be on the July one too. Yikes! I bought him the Rick Steves book for the ports of call. I'll keep talking to him. Maybe I'll call one of the travel agencies next week and see what availability really looks like. Recommendations?

We would likely be on the July one too. Yikes! I bought him the Rick Steves book for the ports of call. I'll keep talking to him. Maybe I'll call one of the travel agencies next week and see what availability really looks like. Recommendations?

I use Dreams Unlimited....Merrie is my TA. She's great!

Our tour for debarkation day is booked! Woot! :cool1:

We went thru Barcelona Day Tours for this one. Mindy used this company last cruise to pick up a bunch of dis'ers from the airport and do the sights for Barcelona before dropping them off at their respective hotels. There were what, 4 families, Mindy? And...I ran into them all at La Sagrada Famiglia! I saw Mindy's daughter Haylee (she has beautiful red hair) and figured that there must be another redhead around somewhere....

Squirrel! Ok, back on topic....

So part of the perk of this tour is that they are picking us up at the port. Lat time, my family did DCL transfers (ripoff), and Mindy's were going to use a taxi until they saw the line and Jim ended up getting some kind of arrangement done....not sure what. Taxis were plentiful, and clearly this is old hat to them...masses of people get off at the port all summer long, right? But the lines....WOW! HE*# NO!

So, picked up at the port, and whisked off to Monserrat and a Cava tour. Here's a copy and paste from what they sent to my inquiry:

For your day trip to Montserrat we are happy to offer you a private tour which includes:

* Personal pick-up at the start of the tour - from the Barcelona port
* Personal drop-off at the end of the tour - to 2 different hotels
* Touring in a new, comfortable and air-conditioned van/mini-coach with luggage space
* Personal driver + English speaking guide
* Complete flexibility during the 5 or 8-hour tour (start time, length of stay in each place, modification to our suggested itinerary, restaurant visit if wanted, etc)
* High quality and personal excursion experience

The price for this high-quality day-trip based on only the 8 of you touring privately is:

* 99 Euros per person for the full day tour with a visit to a Cava winery (8 hours)

The price includes your own driver, English speaking guide, transportation, petrol, toll roads, parking, admission to the site of Montserrat, admission to the Cava visit, and all taxes. You will have time to explore the place and take photos and if you wish to do the full day trip you will also get a chance to discover the largest Cava producer in Spain (winery) and taste the Catalan version of the French Champagne. This is a great way to travel and I am sure you will be very happy with your decision to tour with us!

I've inquired about the lunch stop and what their suggestions might be as far as itinerary.

And as Mindy and I are at different hotels, this wipes out all the transportation difficulties!! YAY!!

We went thru Barcelona Day Tours for this one. Mindy used this company last cruise to pick up a bunch of dis'ers from the airport and do the sights for Barcelona before dropping them off at their respective hotels. There were what, 4 families, Mindy? And...I ran into them all at La Sagrada Famiglia! I saw Mindy's daughter Haylee (she has beautiful red hair) and figured that there must be another redhead around somewhere....

So part of the perk of this tour is that they are picking us up at the port. Lat time, my family did DCL transfers (ripoff), and Mindy's were going to use a taxi until they saw the line and Jim ended up getting some kind of arrangement done....not sure what. Taxis were plentiful, and clearly this is old hat to them...masses of people get off at the port all summer long, right? But the lines....WOW! HE*# NO!

So, picked up at the port, and whisked off to Monserrat and a Cava tour. Here's a copy and paste from what they sent to my inquiry:

For your day trip to Montserrat we are happy to offer you a private tour which includes:

* Touring in a new, comfortable and air-conditioned van/mini-coach with luggage space
* Complete flexibility during the 5 or 8-hour tour (start time, length of stay in each place, modification to our suggested itinerary, restaurant visit if wanted, etc)

The price for this high-quality day-trip based on only the 8 of you touring privately is:

* 99 Euros per person for the full day tour with a visit to a Cava winery (8 hours)

The price includes your own driver, English speaking guide, transportation, petrol, toll roads, parking, admission to the site of Montserrat, admission to the Cava visit, and all taxes. You will have time to explore the place and take photos and if you wish to do the full day trip you will also get a chance to discover the largest Cava producer in Spain (winery) and taste the Catalan version of the French Champagne. This is a great way to travel and I am sure you will be very happy with your decision to tour with us!

I've inquired about the lunch stop and what their suggestions might be as far as itinerary.

And as Mindy and I are at different hotels, this wipes out all the transportation difficulties!! YAY!!

This sounds great. I'm just wondering if we'd have enough energy to get through the 8 hour tour because of the long flight beforehand. I'm not sure if my nine year olds would be ultra cranky or ready to rock and roll.

Good question! That's why we're doing the zip cars in the city the day of arrival as opposed to Monserrat. I want to be awake to see the countryside and if we were to do it on arrival, we'd sleep the whole way!

The company has lots of options if you're looking for something more active on arrival...

We went thru Barcelona Day Tours for this one. Mindy used this company last cruise to pick up a bunch of dis'ers from the airport and do the sights for Barcelona before dropping them off at their respective hotels. There were what, 4 families, Mindy? Three families And...I ran into them all at La Sagrada Famiglia! I saw Mindy's daughter Haylee (she has beautiful red hair) and figured that there must be another redhead around somewhere....

So part of the perk of this tour is that they are picking us up at the port. Lat time, my family did DCL transfers (ripoff), and Mindy's were going to use a taxi until they saw the line and Jim ended up getting some kind of arrangement done....not sure what. Jim found a guy with a bus who was willing to take us and anyone else he could get for about what a taxi would have cost.Taxis were plentiful, and clearly this is old hat to them...masses of people get off at the port all summer long, right? But the lines....WOW! HE*# NO!

I inserted answers to your questions above...hopefully they come out in red

This sounds great. I'm just wondering if we'd have enough energy to get through the 8 hour tour because of the long flight beforehand. I'm not sure if my nine year olds would be ultra cranky or ready to rock and roll.

The Monserrat tour is post cruise. Pre cruise last time we were pretty exhausted however, we got there at 9 am and by doing a tour they picked us and our luggage up at the airport, we had somewhere to go, as it was too early to check into hotel and we got dropped off there when we were done and they stowed our luggage.

Good question! That's why we're doing the zip cars in the city the day of arrival as opposed to Monserrat. I want to be awake to see the countryside and if we were to do it on arrival, we'd sleep the whole way!

The company has lots of options if you're looking for something more active on arrival...

Thought we were doing the zipcars the day I arrive? ie Friday morning

Oh I see, the day you leave, not the day you arrive. Definitely something to think about. Mindy, how was the day tour with this company? We might do that on arrival day just to get a good overview. Not sure what time our flight will arrive yet, guess I've gotta figure that out, even though flight bookings won't open up until August for next July.

Oh I see, the day you leave, not the day you arrive. Definitely something to think about. Mindy, how was the day tour with this company? We might do that on arrival day just to get a good overview. Not sure what time our flight will arrive yet, guess I've gotta figure that out, even though flight bookings won't open up until August for next July.

Lol. That would certainly make things an issue if Swiss changes the flight itinerary on us....:rotfl:

Yeah. As I don't fly in until 7pm the nite before I figured that was understood....I'll be up at the crack of dawn anyway....

Sorry - for some reason I thought you got in earlier in the day...so you're really only there for about 14 hours more than we are?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter