Back to school sale at Staples...GOOD BUYS!

kerry34

DIS Veteran
Just came from staples and they had folders on sale for .1 a piece. There is a limit of 15 folders, but totally worth it. The same folders at walmart were .10 a piece. They also had the hand held pencil sharpeners for .1 and boxes of 12 pencils for .1 as well. There is a limit of 3 each on those. I bought some put the stuff in my car and went back in and got more. Totally worth it for the price. I also hit walmart and got the 1 subject notebooks for .10 each and the crayola crayons for .20 a piece. No limit as to what you can buy there which is great. They also had five subject notebooks for 1.48 which is a good deal also. Just FYI for those looking to get started on their school shopping.

The Wally World (Wal-Mart) ad had some good ones too, .20 cents for stuff like Elmers Glue and Crayola 24-pack...other stuff too, just forgot what more it was. :thumbsup2

kerry34 said:
Just came from staples and they had folders on sale for .1 a piece. There is a limit of 15 folders, but totally worth it. The same folders at walmart were .10 a piece. They also had the hand held pencil sharpeners for .1 and boxes of 12 pencils for .1 as well. There is a limit of 3 each on those. I bought some put the stuff in my car and went back in and got more. Totally worth it for the price. I also hit walmart and got the 1 subject notebooks for .10 each and the crayola crayons for .20 a piece. No limit as to what you can buy there which is great. They also had five subject notebooks for 1.48 which is a good deal also. Just FYI for those looking to get started on their school shopping.
Yes, I JUST got back and was going to post! Bought the boxed pencils, folders, and sharpeners -- 1 cent each. In addition, they have nice 1" 3-ring soft plastic binders and plastic binders for 20-25 cents each. There's also a rebate on 12-pack colored markers, which I bought and just submitted on-line.

I checked out Wal-Mart yesterday and at least here in CT, the shelves are still empty and the items they do have aren't the super-low back-to-school prices.

Also, for those of you who have Rite-Aid, they have wooden school rulers for 20 cents and 100-pack index cards for 20 cents (both of these items are on my childrens' lists).

I find it much easier to take the Staples add to Wal Mart b/c evertime I try to get the items at Staples they are out!! Wal Mart matches all the items.

Looks like I'm going school shopping this week already! I am so happy that the kids' schools sent home lists with their report cards :)

I hit Walmart the other day and Staples a little while ago. They were out of the plastic portfolios so I might go back later in the week. I did get all the other one penny items and the Flair markers( don't need them right now but free can not be passed up!!!!!!!

I went this morning too! My dh thinks I'm crazy everytime I see a sale or free after rebate. I also got the internet security software that was free after rebate. Then we headed to Walgreens where I got Shampoo, hairspray, back pain reliever patches and pantyliners all free after rebate! Whoohoooo!!!

Rachel

Looks like I'll need to add a trip to Staples to my to do list for tomorrow- Thanks for the tip!

Are these the folders that have the three prongs in the center? Or do they just have the two pockets and no prongs?

Ahhh the most wonderful time of the year, lol! :teeth: My kids were groaning when they saw what I bought today! :cheer2:

Great. I was wondering when Staples sales would come out. :Pinkbounc

I don't know about currently, but the last time I asked, my Staples prices matches Wal-Mart so if you have that sale paper (I haven't gotten one yet *sigh*) you can get the Wal-Mart stuff at Staples. I personally, hate going in Wal-Mart. Can't really explain it, but I always leave grouchy.

NancyIL said:
Holy Cow...back to school stuff already?? UGH!!!

I'm with YOU, Nancy. And so is my youngest DD. When I told her about this, she said "I'm NOT going back to school shopping now! We haven't even done summer shopping yet! :rolleyes2:: :rotfl:

I told her that *I* would go out then. I hate to spend 89 cents or more on spiral notebooks when I can get them now for 10 cents!!!

I am not the biggest Walmart fan either but .10 notebooks is too good to be true for me, especially since I have 5 kids to buy for. Last year I waited until school started for alot of my stuff and I spent way more than I did so far this year. I only need a few more things and I am all done with the school supplies lists!!

The girls and I were the first customers at our store today. :cheer2: They just loved buuying their school supplies with their own change. :goodvibes Better than a yard sale deal.

Thanks for the heads up. Here in our district (don't know if it is state wide) our kids don't have to provide their own supplies, at least in Elementary school. They only get the basics, so I do buy extra crayons and markers, but my DD11 draws and writes constantly so those 10cent notebooks are a blessing!

I got all the $.01 items too! I told one of the workers there that the government is considering doing away with the penny, and "who says you still can't buy something for a penny?" You gotta love it!

I also picked up DS a sling backpack like he wants for $20. But I asked them their return policy, in case I find one cheaper. They have no time limit, buy you need the receipt.

NancyIL said:
Holy Cow...back to school stuff already?? UGH!!!

My DS starts kindergarten 5 weeks from today, so it's not too far off for us. Thanks for posting OP, I've been waiting for these sales to finish off DS's lengthy supply list. For these prices I'll pick up extras for the teacher.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter