Back to School Deals 2015

tinker&belle

DIS Veteran
We go back to school in just a little over a month around here. I have two kids with fairly long lists to buy for this year so I am looking for good prices.

I wanted to create this space so we can share deals we find.

Yay! I was waiting for this thread. Here in the Northeast, the kids have only been out for 2 weeks. They don't go back until after labor day, but I normally buy early to save $$$. I have 2 to buy for.

LL Bean has the deluxe book pack for $30. I also have a $10 off code. Dd got a pb teen backpack last year and ds got a nike one. Both need to be replaced. I think ds will be getting an ll bean backpack but I'm leaning toward the deluxe plus which holds a water bottle. Of course it's not on sale:(

My kids have only been out for 4 days!

We also don't get any lists. A backpack, lunch box, water bottle (all reusable from last year) and a pencil case with pencils, crayons/pencil crayons, a trig set (the older 2) and erasers is all they actually need. My kids are going into SK/Gr 3/Gr 4.

School supplies are showing up in stores here. We start 5 weeks from tomorrow.

LL Bean has the deluxe book pack for $30. I also have a $10 off code. Dd got a pb teen backpack last year and ds got a nike one. Both need to be replaced. I think ds will be getting an ll bean backpack but I'm leaning toward the deluxe plus which holds a water bottle. Of course it's not on sale:(

DD the Deluxe last year. It barely looks used - definitely great quality. She does wish it had a water bottle pocket because she has to carry around the bookbag with all of her books & notebooks, a French Horn, and sometimes a purse (no lockers), but there is no way I would have paid $20 extra for that feature. We picked up a clip somewhere so that she can attach a water bottle that has a closed loop.

School supplies are showing up in stores here. We start 5 weeks from tomorrow. DD the Deluxe last year. It barely looks used - definitely great quality. She does wish it had a water bottle pocket because she has to carry around the bookbag with all of her books & notebooks, a French Horn, and sometimes a purse (no lockers), but there is no way I would have paid $20 extra for that feature. We picked up a clip somewhere so that she can attach a water bottle that has a closed loop.

When my daughter started kindergarten we got her an LLBean deluxe book pack. She is touring Chicago this weekend with family and needed to be able to carry all her clothes. We pulled out her old LLBean bag and it looks good as new. (She's going into 9th grade.)

School supplies are showing up in stores here. We start 5 weeks from tomorrow.

DD the Deluxe last year. It barely looks used - definitely great quality. She does wish it had a water bottle pocket because she has to carry around the bookbag with all of her books & notebooks, a French Horn, and sometimes a purse (no lockers), but there is no way I would have paid $20 extra for that feature. We picked up a clip somewhere so that she can attach a water bottle that has a closed loop.
I can relate--DD has her violin, laptop case, and backpack. And the backpack is stuffed.

Good idea about the clip. I agree--$30 vs. $50 is a big difference for such a small upgrade.

When my daughter started kindergarten we got her an LLBean deluxe book pack. She is touring Chicago this weekend with family and needed to be able to carry all her clothes. We pulled out her old LLBean bag and it looks good as new. (She's going into 9th grade.)
I wish I'd just bought one to start with. Lands End ones are decent. But Nike and PB Teen just didn't hold up--and they weren't cheap.

I wish I'd just bought one to start with. Lands End ones are decent. But Nike and PB Teen just didn't hold up--and they weren't cheap.

I bought one DD a PB backpack and one a Lands End backpack. I am hoping they last at least a couple years. What was wrong with the PB one?

I bought one DD a PB backpack and one a Lands End backpack. I am hoping they last at least a couple years. What was wrong with the PB one?
Well let me preface this by saying at the beginning of the year dd used it to carry her school laptop which weighs a ton plus everything else so it was partly our fault. But the straps are falling apart. It's super cute but just not durable enough. I generally love pb teen but this wasn't my best purchase.

Well let me preface this by saying at the beginning of the year dd used it to carry her school laptop which weighs a ton plus everything else so it was partly our fault. But the straps are falling apart. It's super cute but just not durable enough. I generally love pb teen but this wasn't my best purchase.

Did it look sturdy to start with? The one we got is from PB kids. It looks pretty good. I am hoping it holds up awhile, they are not cheap. I only bought it since she was in love with the print.

Did it look sturdy to start with? The one we got is from PB kids. It looks pretty good. I am hoping it holds up awhile, they are not cheap. I only bought it since she was in love with the print.
Yes. I think you'll be okay. I imagine you aren't planning on it lasting through high school.

Great! I cannot wait to see B2S deals. DS has a ll bean backpack from last year that still looks great!

Last edited:
Please not ready to think about back to school stuff yet... we JUST got out(and I'm a teacher who loves her job and her kiddos, but wants to enjoy a little FREE time before thinking about going back-lol!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter