Back from SSR last week with Pixie Dust

MissyDVC

<font color=deeppink>Well, technically, you never
We stayed at SSR from 2/21-2/27 in Congress Park. We had a 1 bedroom on the ground floor--room 2503. We had a spectacular view of DTD and every morning, we had ducks and bunnies to watch right on the grass in front of our patio. We had had a number of problems on our trip to SSR in December and brought them to the attention of our guide, as well as the DVC satisfaction team. The problems were related to dirty rooms and mold in the bathroom as well as no a/c in the first room that they gave us. Both our guide as well as the DVC team were very attentive and made several phone calls to us after we came home from the December trip to get the specifics of the problems. We were told we would get some pixie Dust on our next trip but we didn't really expect much. Boy, we were we surprised! Our unit was given a double cleaning and the carpet was freshly shampooed(one of the problems with the last visit). The view was the best and we were greeted with a huge gift basket with snacks, drinks, stuffed toys, etc. It definitely made us feel appreciated and that we were listened to. We also mentioned several other things to the team when they called....ie broken ping pong table in the Community Hall, Easel in Artist's Palette directly in the way of the food line, and others and we found that they were fixed/changed on this visit. So I hope that others will let the DVC know when you have problems or concerns so that they can try to make it right.

One last thing, the Magical Express left a bit early on our last day and, although we were there waiting for it, it also left without us on it! The SSR CM (Sandra) who was working in that area saw what had happened and arranged for a cab to take us to the airport as well as getting the money from the front desk to pay for it. This was all done with our knowledge or without us asking. This is yet another reason that I love WDW, SSR and DVC!

If I can answer any questions, please ask:thumbsup2

Thanks for the report! It sounds like you are very satisfied with DVC's response to your problems from your December trip....good to hear they sent some pixie dust your way. Were you in the Congress Park section? Did you request anything for your reservation (certain section, floor, view, etc)?

Thanks for the report! It sounds like you are very satisfied with DVC's response to your problems from your December trip....good to hear they sent some pixie dust your way. Were you in the Congress Park section? Did you request anything for your reservation (certain section, floor, view, etc)?

Yes, we are very satisfied with the response from DVC. We did stay in Congress Park. We always request the same thing--Congress Park/ Water View. We got both of those but I think that they gave use one of the best water view rooms available because it was a great view:thumbsup2

Glad to hear that they took your comments and made magic happen!

Strange that the Magical Express left without you, I haven't used it in years but the last time I remember rushing to be on time only to wait an extra half an hour.

Glad the cast members made everything right.

You saw animals outside of your balcony at SSR every morning? Did you book a savanna-view room? ;)

You saw animals outside of your balcony at SSR every morning? Did you book a savanna-view room? ;)

Oops! I guess I just gave away an SSR secret;) We have animals here too and I forgot that there was also a possum one evening = Sunset Safari:laughing: :laughing:

Nice to hear that you were taken care of properly. DVC owners pay a premium for service and ammenities, and when there are serious problems the guest should feel that the staff made a true effort to make things right. It's what seperates DVC from most of the other timeshares out there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter