Back from POFQ and we may get flamed....

A co-worker stayed at Caribbean Beach last year and said it was lively and up beat. Colourful and beautiful! So that's how I chose CB for the next trip. I actually booked ASSp but DH really wanted the larger room so moderate it will be!

Different strokes for different folks. I don't want an in your face experience at my resort. I tried that at Pop, it's just not for me. For all the reason you don't like POFQ, that's why its the perfect resort for me. I don't usually eat at the food court at any resort. I eat breakfast in my room, it's too hard to do that at a value with no fridge. Some day you'll find your prince of a resort at WDW and just like Cinderella's shoe it will fit you.

I kinda have to agree. While we love POFQ, is one of our favorites... we do split stays and like to always try to do 1 night there. We do bulk of trip at values, sometimes a night at a deluxe.
But, yes, totally find it a bit too quiet and serene. While we love it there, so pretty, love the pool, the boat to DTD and it's kinda a sentimental favorite of ours this resort.... but to do a full stay there, nope, not for us. We like more activity going on. We're up and about pretty late, and always seems so dark and deserted - compared to let's say at Pop, people always out by the main pool and pool bar.

But really, it's not just POFQ we feel that way about - also did CBR once, and have done Poly, BC, WL and AKL - and get the same feeling.... all beautiful, but so much more quieter than the values, and guess we just prefer seeing people around and about more, more activity.

Each person has their own ideas about the resorts, and that is fair, that is why they have so many!

Like I know a lot of people love the WL, but we just found it okay and would not return any time soon.

I do like the sound of POFQ though, considering its small size, but the unrenovated rooms keep me away :(

Each person has their own ideas about the resorts, and that is fair, that is why they have so many!

Like I know a lot of people love the WL, but we just found it okay and would not return any time soon.

I do like the sound of POFQ though, considering its small size, but the unrenovated rooms keep me away :(

I wouldnt let the idea of un renno'ed rooms stop you from trying POFQ. We spent 2 weeks there in August and don't have any complaints about the rooms at all but I do here that rennos are on the agenda so if it is something that is important to you (knowing the hotel was renno recently) maybe try next year:thumbsup2

No flames here either. This October will only be my 3rd trip. My first visit we stayed at POFQ and loved it. Last year we stayed at CBR and did not like it. We did not like how big it was. This Oct we are staying at POFQ again. It is our home away from home.

My opinion is that you are on vacation and you have the hustle and bustle at the parks. There is nothing more relzxing than coming "home" to a quiet resort and taking a stroll down through the resort. I feel at ease when walking those grounds. To each his own.

Don't get me wrong, it was a lovely resort. But when it is described as quiet and serene, they ain't kiddin'!

It was our first moderate stay and we were extremely pleased with the room size. Very nice when you think of the size of the value rooms. We requested a top floor corner room and got the top floor. No corner room. OK, we managed no problem. No lines at the food court. Very nice.

So where is my "complaint"... we have become used to the flash and pinash of the values because we found POFQ to be almost depressigly quiet and non-Disney. (Insert flames here.) We were at Music last summer and it was alive with music, games, colour and activities! The biggest excitment we had last week was when DH got stung by a wasp.:scared1:

Would we go back? Probably not unless we were kid-less.
Would we recommend it? Probably not. I can see why people love this resort. I don't regret trying it but next time, we'll give Caribbean Beach a chance!
I agree with you 100%. I like that the value feel so "busy". To me it's all part of being at Disney. We have stayed at a couple different moderates but we always come back to the value because it feel more "Disneyish".

flames.jpg

Kidding.

I preferred CBR to POFQ. The main pool is wonderful. I was there in August just before Free Dining started, on two occasions I had the quiet pool to myself for over an hour. It was so nice to sit on the steps and read my book. We did have a corner room @ POFQ which was very nice. But overall CBR is our new fav (Pop was). We will try something different next time since DS wants to stay @ all the resorts once. If we can get 40% off it will be AKL if not CSR or POR. But first I have to find a job. Can anyone help me with that??????:confused3

We love POFQ because it is so relaxing and peaceful after a busy day in the parks and we think that the New Orleans theming is wonderful. We will be staying there for the fourth straight year this November. Our girs, ages 8 and 10, won't even let us think about staying at another resort. They love POFQ! (especially the pool and boat to Downtown Disney). However, I can definitely understand that if it is high energy and excitement that you are looking for, then POFQ is probably not the place for you. This is why Disney offers us so many different choices of resort, both in style and price.:)

My parents just got back from POFQ and my Dad did a survey and told them he was very disappointed in there stay. My mom said when the checked in to there room it was on the dirty side. She said the carpet didn't look like they even vacumed it. They have stayed here every year since 2000. They are thinking of saving some money and trying a value next year.

My parents just got back from POFQ and my Dad did a survey and told them he was very disappointed in there stay. My mom said when the checked in to there room it was on the dirty side. She said the carpet didn't look like they even vacuumed it. They have stayed here every year since 2000. They are thinking of saving some money and trying a value next year.

:eek:

I have to agree also. We just returned yesterday from 6 nights at POFQ. The room itself was fine - nothing outstanding, but it was clean, mousekeeping was great, and it was in good condition. I didn't even think the resort was "too quiet" I can't really put my finger on it :confused3, but POFQ just wasn't for us. Kids loved the pool, but then they'd love any of them.

The food court was a joke :rolleyes1 - VERY little to choose from, and it was constantly hot in there - I don't understand that. I assume it was from all the folks coming in and out from the pool, but it was awful to sit there and sweat the entire time you tried to eat.

I prefer both CBR and CS over POFQ. Riverside is the only moderate we haven't tried yet. We went over one day to eat at their food court when we were sick of the few options at POFQ and it seemed nice.

Glad there are plenty of folks that like it - and all the glowing reviews may have made me expect more than I should have, but for now POFQ is on the bottom of our list of resorts to go back to.

Personally I crave quiet after spending all day in a noise themepark. But to each their own.

POFQ is the only moderate we haven't tried yet. We may have to...

I understand that some would want more from it. But not me. I much rather have the quietness and peaceful feeling we get there. I don't need anymore stimulation after being at the parks all day. :thumbsup2

It's just husband and I in December so looking forward to POFQ being a little quiet as we will be in parks etc. all day and just using it as a place to sleep.

That being said I am moderator on a huge website about cruises and there are as many opinions about a particular ship/cruiseline as there are people almost so what's right for one might not be for someone else! Figure the resorts are the same.. we've never stayed on property at Disney so just looking forward to that! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter