Back from Old Key West - Wow, we want more points!

littlestar

DIS Veteran
Just got back from Old Key West on Tuesday. What a lovely place. It has a lot of charm. Loved the walkways with inlaid sea shells. We couldn't get over all the lovely landscaping - flowers, flowering trees and of course, beautiful palm trees. We had great weather - it was high 80's almost every day. I was getting over the flu and the sunshine felt so good.

We're Wilderness Lodge Villas members, but I would stay at any of the DVC resorts and be very happy!

We visited the Beach Club model and also took a look at the actual Beach Club Villas (the pastel green on the exterior is pretty). My husband wants to add 50 or 60 points at the Beach Club. Can you believe it? We just bought in January and already we're talking adding on!

Glad you had a great time. What building were you in and what size room? OKW has so many different areas, I like hearing people's opinions of each section. I requested Turtle Pond Road water view for our May trip.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay at OKW. We also love it there. There is just something so peaceful and warm about it. Last summer we stayed at OKW and the BW and had a wonderful time. Having only 1 week for WDW this year, I decided we wouldn't change resorts for this trip and I polled the family to see where they wanted to stay. I fully expected the BW to win thanks to that fabulous Clown slide which we couldn't get the kids off of last summer. Surprise! They picked OKW!! They said they loved both resorts but if they had to pick one, it's just not the same without time at OKW. My kids and niece and nephew have great taste, eh?

We were in Building 22 on Millers Road for seven nights in a studio and then Building 18 in a one bedroom for one night. I liked Building 18 better because there was less traffic noise from the road. The pool for Millers Road was landscaped beautifully.

We walked over to Old Turtle Pond Road one day and ate at the Turtle Shack. That pool looked really nice (the pool was big, plus it had a playground).

We had a great time. The only down side was leaving 87 degree weather and coming back to temperatures in the 30's. Ugh.

We just returned from our second stay at OKW last month and decided to add on again. We are BWV owners but also love OKW. My DH decided before we left we should add on. We bought in May 2000 and added on in November 2000, the first time.

Glad you liked OKW. We own at VWL but did a 12 day stay at OKW this past January. We loved it there. We are talking about doing a 200 point resale there in the future. It is so peaceful at OKW.

Glad to hear you liked our "home"!

You were in the studio in Building 22 at the same time some friends of ours had a 1 bedroom in the same building. They were on a cash ressie ( not DVC owners, but stayed there on our suggestion) and got upgraded to a 1 bedroom. Needless to say, they had a great time and really enjoyed the accommodations!

One of the best reasons why I love the DVC!!!! The flexibilty of being able to pick where you stay based on the "flavor" of vacation you want.

You want laid back and relaxed...go to OKW. You want a little more "action"...go to BW. You want to feel like you're camping in the north country...WLV. You want to feel like you're spending a day at the beach..BCV(or Vero, since it really is at the beach!).Golf nut?...HH.

I have said it before, but it bears repeating. It is the best money DH and I have ever spent!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter