Back From My First Cruise-The Wonder!

AlexMaxAunt

Earning My Ears
I have never wanted to go on a cruise but when my brother scheduled a trip for his family including my 4 year old twin nephews, my twin sister and I jumped aboard! I thought cruising would be boring but I was never bored and was not wanting it to end. Of course, we scheduled a dummy cruise before we left.
I worried about getting seasick. I wore a band and took bonine and was felt great the whole trip. I worried that the boys wouldn't like the club. They loved it and wouldn't leave it one night. lol. They visited about twice a day for an hour or more each time. I worried (yes, I worry a lot) I wouldn't feel safe at the ports (Grand Cayman and Cozumel) or on the ship. I never felt unsafe on the boat or on our taxis to our beach (Seven Mile and Punta Marena). Our driver even waited for us at Punta Marena. We went there because it was so windy on the island that we tried the other side. I was hesitant about going somwhere I hadn't researched but it was beautiful. Drinks delivered to our chairs, hammocks and breathtaking views.

I was pleased with the abundance of the characters around the ship. Stitch even played shuffleboard with my nephew one afternoon. We rode the elevator with Donald, got surprised by Dopey, Snow White, etc in the hall ways and got pictures with many others. The boys were excited leaving the club with all the stories of the characters in the clubs that day (Toy Story army man, Pluto, Aladdin, etc.)

I thought all the food was above average except the choc chip cookies which everyone raves about here :-)duck:). I thought they were dry and just average. I never ordered them from room service though. I loved the ice cream machines that were never crowed. I never experienced any crowds in any of the food areas. Walked right up to the pizza, hamburger and buffet lines with no wait. I was surprised at that. The only day I felt it was crowded anywhere was the first day at the Mickey pool. I didn't love Palo as much as I thought I would. I thought the MDR food was just as good and I even preferred the buffet over my brunch. So I will skip Palo next time.

I loved the 3D movies. We saw Wreck It Ralph. The boys loved it but I think I enjoyed it even more. Some of us saw OZ in the Walk Disney theater. I enjoyed it as well. Its easy to enjoy them when it's free:)I also watched a little bit of Brave.

I thought the shows were great. The Golden Mickeys was first. My nephews were interviewed on the Red Carpet and were instant celebrities that night (they mentioned they had a LOT of ice cream). I enjoyed Toy Story. One of my nephews was not fond of Sid. My sister couldn't wait for it to end but I thought it was put together well and moved quickly. My favorite was Dreams so I was disappointed that this was the only one my nephews missed. Maybe next time.

I loved our servers at the MDR: Zaldy, Suzana and Geoffry. My favorite menu was the Pirate Night menu. I loved Diversions and eating chicken wings while watching some NCAA basketball. All of the adukt areas felt like ghost towns they were so empty while I was there.

I'll add more and some pictures later.

That's awesome! I can't wait to see pictures. I just got off my first cruise ever on the Magic and I loved being on the smaller ship so much that I wonder if I would like one of the newer ships. I'm excited for my next cruise on the Wonder. Get those pictures up soon! :)

Thank you for sharing! We are going on this cruise April 22nd and I have been hoping to find a recent review!!! Looking forward to pics!!!

Well, Alex & Max's Aunt - sure glad you had a great experience, and you'll be back aboard.
Give the chocolate chip cookies a second chance - from room service!!! I agree, they do tend to dry out after a few hours, but the ones tha are delivered always seem to be freshly baked, and tightly plastic wrapped on their plate - we order them last thing at night with a carafe of coffee, and the coffee is hot, and cookies fresh when we have them in the morning.

I had planned to order room service but I was always so full! I didn't have time to eat everything's I had planned:rotfl2: I was missing my KK doughnuts and ice cream today. lol

We are going on the Wonder 5/20/13 for the repositioning to Vancouver. I can't wait!
What was less than stellar about the food in Palo?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter