Back from a rather long trip.

CarolynU

Proud Mum twice over
Family :- Roger DH
Rebecca DD
John boyfriend of DD
Myself Carolyn
Simon DS an Epcot CM

As I have just returned from a 4 week stay and Rebecca has just left hospital after a lengthy operation I'm afraid I can't write a full trip report, but will just give you a few edited highlights. Mind you with the drivel I write I expect that you are all now breathing a huge sigh of relief!!!

Anyway here goes.

Flew US Air. No problems
Hire car Hertz , excellent.
First 2 weeks spent with Roger, Rebecca and John at Comfort Inn LBV. Cheap, clean and cheerful! Asked for a quiet room facing Palm Parkway courtesy of information gained from this board. Very glad we did!

Toured all parks and also bought annuals for PI. Had excellent time as usual. Comedy Warehouse at PI and Adventurers Club hilarious.

Unusual highlights.
Meeting Gareth Gates of Pop Idol fame at MK.
Seeing an alligator sunning himself on the banks of Frontierland near the pop corn cart.
Watching a family of racoons raiding the trash cans at The Commons where Simon lives.

Food
Liberty Tree Tavern x 2 Excellent food and Service.
Bill Wong's Chinese Buffet x 2 I. Drive. Superb.
Lone Star Steak House x 3 near Little Lake Brian. Lovely.
Bahama Breeze also near LLB. Excellent.
Olive Garden near Crossroads. Wonderful.
Fridays also near Crossroads. Good, but had a spicy covering to ribs which we didn't like too much.
Golden Corral x 2 lunch buffet. LLB. Fantastic value.

Second 2 weeks DH, DD and John flew home taking the hire car back with them, and I transferred to All Star Music to rest and meet DS Simon each evening when he finished work.

Unusual highlights.
Seeing a rocket launch from the beach at Titusville

Food
Planet Hollywood x 3 Down Town Disney. Superb.
Whispering Canyon Cafe Wilderness Lodge. Dreadful ! Maybe an 'off day.'
1900 Park Faire The Grande Floridian. OK nothing special. Usual buffet standard.
Beaches and Cream The Beach Club x 2 . Best sundaes on property. Great burgers too.
Dixie Crossroads @ Titusville. Wonderful seafood.
Variety of counter service. All ok but missed the toppings bar at Backlot Express at MGM badly.

Show.
Hoop De Doo Review.
Very funny and well worth a visit. Food included and reasonable.

That's it I'm afraid. Simon says hello to you all, and is having a blast. Please stop by and say hi. Also take time to watch the World Showcase Players at the U.K. Simon says they are such lovely people, and very friendly.

If anyone has any specific questions I will be more than happy to answer them.

Carolyn

Welcome back and thank you for your 'potted' report - I enjoyed reading it and hearing your opinions on the restaurants.

I heard about the alligator on other posts!!!! I'd be surprised if they didn't re-locate that guy PDQ, LOL!!

Really pleased that Simon is enjoying his stay!

Gareth Gates ? phuh!!!:p

Yer Boy's a CM !!!!!!!!!!!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Nice little highlights, Carolyn. Bet the trip was full of mixed emotions for yer.

I'd love to hear more. Particularly everything about the life of a CM (and his Mum).

You must still be so proud, sad, excited and glad all at the same time.

Sounds like a brilliant 4 weeks to me Carolyn! :)

Pleased to hear that Simon is having such a great time out there and must have been lovely for him to see his family for a while.

An Alligator and Gareth Gates - well they are unusual highlights!! :)

Astrid x

Thank you for all your replies, and it was a bit of an unusual trip in many ways, but seeing Gareth Gates made my DD's holiday, and I was a bit awestruck I must admit!!!!
Dave the comments in your reply were just so perceptive. Of course I am really thrilled, and excited for Simon to be a CM, but this was our first holiday where he wasn't with us around the parks and that really felt strange, and a bit sad too in many ways. We met him in the evenings, but it wasn't the same. All those silly little things that happen during the day that you laugh about didn't mean much to him as he hadn't witnessed them. However this is the opportunity of a lifetime, and I am sooooo proud. In fact I haven't posted too much about what he is up to, because I don't want to appear a crashing bore. If anyone is really interested I'll give a little update soon on the community board about what he is experiencing and his life as an Epcot CM. Carolyn:cool: :cool:

Carolyn, we're all so thrilled for you both that nothing you write would be borin. A year in the life of a CM would be such a good runnin thread. I know Simon will be too busy so you'll just have to do it for him :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter