The Trip that Won't Stop Changing! Now a Sept 2017 Birthday Visit. *Updated 8/28/2017

Popping over to catch up!

Decisions have been made, between both DH And myself. He has been more involved, which has been quite lovely!
Glad he is participating in the planning process. Can't even get mine to go!

Start this vacation off with MK Rope Drop! 2016 MK opened at 9, so we plan to be there no later than 8
This past trip was the first time we ever did rope drop with the welcome show. Literally teared up.

I know its sooo hard to plan out days being so far out and no park hours as of yet, but Disney is good at changing things up. I am going nuts planning our trip that is 12 days away. There has been so many things changed and park hours updated that it is literally frustrating! Last year by 12 days out everything was completely set with no changes happening.
Not much longer until ADR's! :smickey:

Popping over to catch up!

:wave:

Glad he is participating in the planning process. Can't even get mine to go!

Lol! He's been getting more involved as we plan more. I don't think he will ever be a Disney dad, per say, but he does want this to be a great trip, which makes me happy!

This past trip was the first time we ever did rope drop with the welcome show. Literally teared up.

Every time, never fails.

I know its sooo hard to plan out days being so far out and no park hours as of yet, but Disney is good at changing things up. I am going nuts planning our trip that is 12 days away. There has been so many things changed and park hours updated that it is literally frustrating! Last year by 12 days out everything was completely set with no changes happening.
Not much longer until ADR's! :smickey:

Don't I know it! Last year, when I went with my mom and sister, we changed everything around cause Disney started the Halloween party later than years past. It threw our whole trip into a replanting tail spin! We are really just trying to keep DDs sleep schedule in mind for this trip. She isn't a child of habit, and since we will be waking her early and keeping her up late we are trying to have some semblance of order.

ADR DAY IS TOMORROW!! I'm so excited I'm afraid I won't sleep! I have two alarms set and the coffe lot is ready for a 5:15 AM brew. I'm gonna try to get myself set before bed tonight, but DH is working so I may not get the chance. I'll do an update after the reservations have been made. IM SO EXCITED!!!

Halloween, Hair and ADRs!

Hello everyone! Hope you all had a happy a Happy Halloween! We've had a busy few weeks around here, so I'll get right to it.

Halloween! We live in an apartment, so nobody really come around to Trick-or-Treat so we go to my best friends house about 20 minutes south of us cause her neighborhood goes all out; decorations, kids everywhere, parents in the streets directing cars. I just LOVE it!

She is such a ham. Elora was psyched to go get candy, but not so psyched once we actually went to a few houses... She liked the decorations, until we came across a talking, floating brain in a jar. She literally bolted from the door, candy bucket on the ground screaming. I was dying laughing. Probably not my finest parenting moment, but one for the books. She's only two so we went to the "good houses" as my friend Monica called them; the ones with the decorations, or with people hanging out on the front step, but Elora was done pretty quickly. All and all it was a fun night, and I think we will continue the tradition of Halloween with Monica for many years.

Oh, funny story, this is Monica:

We call her Monster (old nickname from our younger days; she calls me Free Bird), but Elora called her mousy all night, cause of Mickey on her shirt. It was kinda adorable.

With ADR day coming up fast Guido and I have had a few Disney dates, as we call them, to discuss this or that. Ont thing that came up was Elora's hair. See I want to do the First Hair Cut at Harmony Barber Shop, but he was adamantly against it. He was afraid Elora would hate it and then we would have paid all this money for her to cry and scream and have a bad time in Disney World. When I told him the whole package was all of $25, which is likely less than what we'd pay for her to sit in a kid's barber shop down here, was all for it!

Literally DH when he heard the price, called it the best deal at Disney. :sad2:

Then it was this morning. Set my alarm for 5 AM, and was so excited I woke up at 4:30 like:

I walked into the kitchen for some necessary coffee

Booted up the computer, and waited... An hour and a half. :eek:

Once 6 AM hit I came across the usual ADR day issues; the web site was down and wouldn't load. No worries; iPad was ready to go! I'm flying through my bookings, grabbing time almost exactly to what we wanted them BAM! No times within 2 hours for our T-Rex ressie.

I'm gonna call today and see what I can nab, but just in case there really is nothing I booked a Chef Mickey's. I know DH will be disappointed, but I also know DD with LOVE Chef Mickey's. Recently Pluto (or poohoe as she calls him) has been a favorite of hers, we do the hot dog dance a lot. By 6:11 AM I was like

Now I'm waiting for 7 AM so I can call and reserve a time at Harmony for a First Hair cut and then

I'll put up some dailies, with FP hopes a little later. In the meantime, I hope you are all as happy and healthy as you can be. TTFN friends, thanks for following along!

Yeah calling TRex directly should be totally fine - I have always been able to book the time I wanted that way.

Adorable Vanellope!!

ohh How i love your costumes! your all so stinkin cute! I had to LOL at the scary house! Im sorry she was spooked! poor baby! I hope she was able to get lots of yummy candy!!

WOW! So glad you got them all!!! YAY! too bad i have no idea what you have except for Chef Mickeys! LOL!!!
What did ya get!?!?!

Joining in. We leave about the time you get there. Definitely call for TRex, and if not, get a Landry's card. You get to skip the line and you don't even have to have a reservation at all if you have that

Nothing But Love

Since my Facebook is littered with political posts I wanted to come to a happy place. A place where the only arguments that come up are about things like what's better dole whip or Mickey bars. Thank you to the Dis and the wonderful people I've met on here. Thank you for just being nice and allowing me to share a common bond among you, no matter what other differences we may have. Love you guys! :disrocks::grouphug:

ON TO AN UPDATE!

ADR day was a blur and then the election and we are prepping for the holidays at my retail job and oh my gosh I'm tired! I haven't even had a second to call T-Rex and see about getting a ressie there to replace the Chef Mickey's I nabbed since I couldn't get the T-Rex. But, in all honesty, I'm kinda happy with the Chef Mickey's. I mean it will allow us a reason (like I actually need one) to hop on the monorail and check out the Contemporary, which happens to be DH favorite resort... Did not know he knew a thing about it. SO, I'm thinking I might just keep it... Take a look at what we got and tell me what you think:

As you can see I chose CRT and CM to be my alternatives, just in case something else fell through. We booked the 6:15 PM show at HDDMR but there was also a 4:00 PM...? I felt like maybe that was too early, but then I'm seeing folks say they wish they'd done the earlier showing...? Any advice is appreciated.

We also booked our Harmony Barber Shop appointment and I am psyched!!!

DD's hair took FOREVER to start growing; she was basically bald for her first year of life. It still grows slowly, but it's pretty long now. I'm admittedly a little concerned her hair will be dragging on the ground by the time we get the WDW. :laughing: I've gotta find a few videos to show DD kids getting their hair cut there. I set the hair cut for 90 minutes after our CP ADR. Kinda hoping we can eat, walk over there, get the cut and then grab a spot for the parade. Hopefully the timing gods will be on my side there; I have the worst luck with that stuff. Do you guys think I'm cutting it too close?

I'm hoping to be able to turn that Tusker House into a package for Rivers of Light, if Rivers of Light has a package, or a showing, by May.

The 'Ohana dinner is for after our first AK day. I figured if EMHs stay the same that day will have early hours at AK, and we will likely go to them. I don't really see us staying in the park past like 4 if we're there that early. Hoping to be able to pop into our room, rest, freshen up and then take the boat to MK and the monorail to the Poly.

OH, that reminds me! Where, exactly do the boats in WL go? Is it just MK, or is it the transportation hub? Disney Springs? Bueller?

That's all for now. I'm looking forward to the holidays this year; we will visit Santa tomorrow since my SiL will be in the Dominican Republic for most of December, so the kids won't get another opportunity. And then my sister is in town this weekend and we're giong to check out a zoo not far from us (about a 90 minute drive). Hope you gus have a great weekend, thanks for being here with me!

TTFN! :disrocks:

Last edited:
Probably should have replied first but...

Yeah calling TRex directly should be totally fine - I have always been able to book the time I wanted that way.

I think we're gonna hang onto Chef Mickey's!

Adorable Vanellope!!

Thank you! She loved it.

ohh How i love your costumes! your all so stinkin cute! I had to LOL at the scary house! Im sorry she was spooked! poor baby! I hope she was able to get lots of yummy candy!!

Thanks! She was cool with the scary stuff mostly, but that brain, man. I was laughing so hard I couldn't even take video.

WOW! So glad you got them all!!! YAY! too bad i have no idea what you have except for Chef Mickeys! LOL!!!
What did ya get!?!?!

LOL! See the above! Totally should have done replies first.

Joining in. We leave about the time you get there. Definitely call for TRex, and if not, get a Landry's card. You get to skip the line and you don't even have to have a reservation at all if you have that

Hi! :welcome:

I think we're gonna stick with Chef Mickey's DD would probably like T-Rex more when she's a bit older. What's Landry's? I'm not sure we have them down here.

I am excited to see where you guys are eating!

I'm so excited. Food is really a HUGE part of my Disney vacations!

I think your little one will love Chef Mickey! Riding the monorail, the fab 5!!! We did T-Rex, and I honestly left with a pounding head. It might be sensory overload for a little one. I legitimately think my 10+ month old would cry if we walked in there lol. My then 6 year old loved it, but a 2 year old may not. Only you know your little one enough to know for sure though....We will be at Harmony exactly one day earlier :) Regarding HDDR, 4 is a little early, but it does take time to wait for the boat to get you back. Everyone who leaves there is basically doing the same thing. I do not remember that anyone went to take a bus back. We did boat to MK (I don't recall it going anywhere else, but I could be wrong). Then we took MK transportation back to our resort. It is a great show regardless of what time you choose....lots of fun!! Enjoy Santa!!

Nothing But Love

Since my Facebook is littered with political posts I wanted to come to a happy place. A place where the only arguments that come up are about things like what's better dole whip or Mickey bars. Thank you to the Dis and the wonderful people I've met on here. Thank you for just being nice and allowing me to share a common bond among you, no matter what other differences we may have. Love you guys! :disrocks::grouphug:

ON TO AN UPDATE!

ADR day was a blur and then the election and we are prepping for the holidays at my retail job and oh my gosh I'm tired! I haven't even had a second to call T-Rex and see about getting a ressie there to replace the Chef Mickey's I nabbed since I couldn't get the T-Rex. But, in all honesty, I'm kinda happy with the Chef Mickey's. I mean it will allow us a reason (like I actually need one) to hop on the monorail and check out the Contemporary, which happens to be DH favorite resort... Did not know he knew a thing about it. SO, I'm thinking I might just keep it... Take a look at what we got and tell me what you think:

View attachment 205942

As you can see I chose CRT and CM to be my alternatives, just in case something else fell through. We booked the 6:15 PM show at HDDMR but there was also a 4:00 PM...? I felt like maybe that was too early, but then I'm seeing folks say they wish they'd done the earlier showing...? Any advice is appreciated.

DD's hair took FOREVER to start growing; she was basically bald for her first year of life. It still grows slowly, but it's pretty long now. I'm admittedly a little concerned her hair will be dragging on the ground by the time we get the WDW. :laughing: I've gotta find a few videos to show DD kids getting their hair cut there. I set the hair cut for 90 minutes after our CP ADR. Kinda hoping we can eat, walk over there, get the cut and then grab a spot for the parade. Hopefully the timing gods will be on my side there; I have the worst luck with that stuff. Do you guys think I'm cutting it too close?

I'm hoping to be able to turn that Tusker House into a package for Rivers of Light, if Rivers of Light has a package, or a showing, by May.

The 'Ohana dinner is for after our first AK day. I figured if EMHs stay the same that day will have early hours at AK, and we will likely go to them. I don't really see us staying in the park past like 4 if we're there that early. Hoping to be able to pop into our room, rest, freshen up and then take the boat to MK and the monorail to the Poly.

OH, that reminds me! Where, exactly do the boats in WL go? Is it just MK, or is it the transportation hub? Disney Springs? Bueller?

That's all for now. I'm looking forward to the holidays this year; we will visit Santa tomorrow since my SiL will be in the Dominican Republic for most of December, so the kids won't get another opportunity. And then my sister is in town this weekend and we're giong to check out a zoo not far from us (about a 90 minute drive). Hope you gus have a great weekend, thanks for being here with me!

TTFN! :disrocks:

I think your little one will love Chef Mickey! Riding the monorail, the fab 5!!! We did T-Rex, and I honestly left with a pounding head. It might be sensory overload for a little one. I legitimately think my 10+ month old would cry if we walked in there lol. My then 6 year old loved it, but a 2 year old may not. Only you know your little one enough to know for sure though....We will be at Harmony exactly one day earlier :) Regarding HDDR, 4 is a little early, but it does take time to wait for the boat to get you back. Everyone who leaves there is basically doing the same thing. I do not remember that anyone went to take a bus back. We did boat to MK (I don't recall it going anywhere else, but I could be wrong). Then we took MK transportation back to our resort. It is a great show regardless of what time you choose....lots of fun!! Enjoy Santa!!

Thanks! I had read that the ice age room was a bit much. DD is a lot like her daddy, so a sensory overload is totally a legit possibility. We can do T-Rex next trip! I saw that on you report! Can't wait for the hair cut. We watched a few videos on YouTube today and DD was inspired to style my hair; hoping she stays positive about it!

I thought 4 was too early, and right after nap time... transport is something I have to research more; we always drive up so we tend to rely on the car, but staying at WL I'd like to use the Disney transportation more.

Santa was fun! I'll post pics later.

I have to agree with all the hate on facebook right now.. It's a great place to come and NOT talk politics!
but then I'm seeing folks say they wish they'd done the earlier showing...? Any advice is appreciated.

I've only done it once and we did the last show. Only because i heard it was the better for seating arrangements. it didn't disappoint! we were smack dab in the middle!!

YAY!!! WE LOVE HARMONY BARER SHOP! can't wait to see the pictures!

DD's hair took FOREVER to start growing; she was basically bald for her first year of life.

Meg didn't have any hair until she was about 2. So i understand this...

I have to agree with all the hate on facebook right now.. It's a great place to come and NOT talk politics!

Right!? I know I post this or that on the facebook too, but sometimes I just wanna see joy, lots and lots of JOY! So I'm glad we have the DIS for that!

I've only done it once and we did the last show. Only because i heard it was the better for seating arrangements. it didn't disappoint! we were smack dab in the middle!!

I saw that the late show you could select any seating, which sounded SO amazing, but I doubt DD will make it that late. Show 2 it is for us! I'll let you know how that goes.

YAY!!! WE LOVE HARMONY BARER SHOP! can't wait to see the pictures!

I am SO excited for this!! We went on the YouTube to watch kids get their first cuts and DD was definitely interested. Hopefully she stays that way; we saw a couple of meltdowns happen, which was not cool...

Meg didn't have any hair until she was about 2. So i understand this...

LOL! What is that? All the little boys I know have this long, gorgeous hair from birth and the girls are basically bald! Funny how that happens.

I love your Halloween costumes! That was a great idea!

One comment about your ADRs... plans look good even if you didn't necessarily get everything perfectly the way you'd like. But I know a lot of people are leery of posting their conf numbers on the public boards in the event that someone might be a little shady and try to steal an ADR.

OH, that reminds me! Where, exactly do the boats in WL go? Is it just MK, or is it the transportation hub?
There's a direct boat that goes between WL and MK. There's another boat that runs a loop between WL, Fort Wilderness and the Contemporary. Anything else, you're taking a bus or transferring to another boat if you want to boat to another MK area resort or something.

I love your Halloween costumes! That was a great idea!

Thanks! We had a lot of fun with it too!!

One comment about your ADRs... plans look good even if you didn't necessarily get everything perfectly the way you'd like. But I know a lot of people are leery of posting their conf numbers on the public boards in the event that someone might be a little shady and try to steal an ADR.

Man! that would never have occurred to me! I changed the picture, so thanks for the heads up!

There's a direct boat that goes between WL and MK. There's another boat that runs a loop between WL, Fort Wilderness and the Contemporary. Anything else, you're taking a bus or transferring to another boat if you want to boat to another MK area resort or something.

Thanks Andy! So if we wanted to boat to the Poly, for instance, we could grab a boat to MK and then another from MK to the POLY? Or just take the boat to the Contemporary and then the monorail?

Thanks Andy! So if we wanted to boat to the Poly, for instance, we could grab a boat to MK and then another from MK to the POLY? Or just take the boat to the Contemporary and then the monorail?
Yup, either one should work. FYI, WL to MK you can usually catch one of the bigger boats that you can usually get on without folding a stroller. The ones that make the WL, FW, Contempo route are the smaller boats.

I agree! My boys had LOADS of thick hair.. Meg had NOTHING until 2 then it turned into Carol Brady hair and my cousins made me cut it i was so MAD! but as you see now she has a full head of thick hair. boys still have more..

I agree! My boys had LOADS of thick hair.. Meg had NOTHING until 2 then it turned into Carol Brady hair and my cousins made me cut it i was so MAD! but as you see now she has a full head of thick hair. boys still have more..

I'm rocking the Carol Brady look as we speak! LOL! Growing hair is the worst.

It's just not right. I used to have such nice hair and after I had Elora it got thin and REALLY dark. Womanhood is rough, from the start! LOL!

I'm rocking the Carol Brady look as we speak! LOL! Growing hair is the worst.

It's just not right. I used to have such nice hair and after I had Elora it got thin and REALLY dark. Womanhood is rough, from the start! LOL!

Body ruining, money sucking, heart stealer- hellians!!!
and you wouldn't change it for the world! LOL!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter