BABYCAKES : for those looking for it at DTD

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by chipndales, Nov 27, 2010.

1. chipndales

chipndales bELIeve GO GIANTS!

I know people have been going crazy looking for it and it's only been open a week. Workers at DTD don't even know where it is, so if you're a fan and looking for it, I'm here to help!

It's located between T-Rex cafe and Legoland in a building marked FRESH APEEL. Head inside, hang a right and it's in a nook in the corner.

I told the crew at Babycakes that they're impossible to find, and they were truly upset as they'd given the management and customer service of DTD free samples when they opened. :( Anyway, it's not full service like the bakeries, so the selection isn't as big but WOW, definitely the taste is the same. I recommend the red velvet cupcakes.:lovestruc Amazing stuff!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Tricia1972

Tricia1972 <font color=green>I love late night snacks<br><fon

Isn't it part of Pollo Campero? I thought that Fresh Apeel, Babycakes and Pollo Campero are all in the old McDonald's. At least that's what early reports were on the boards here.

ETA - Found the thread I was thinking of, if you click on the link in the first post it has photos of the location and how it's set up inside.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2595921

4. chipndales

Yep that's where it is! But its got no sign and I know there were a lot of people looking for it so I promised I would help out!! :)

5. Disney Fool

Disney Fool <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

And you 're a DIS member too?:cool1: Welcome to the DIS!!!!:cheer2:

6. safetymom

safetymom Super Moderator

7. TwingleMum

TwingleMum DIS Veteran

How about posting pictures of the cakes and a menu so people will get excited and visit???

8. minniebeth

minniebeth <font color=green>I count on y'all to keep me up t

That sounds so awesome! One more question, do you have any baked goods that are safe for peanut/tree nut allergies? So hard to find in DTD :upsidedow

9. chipndales

You're very welcome! My daughter was so excited to find out you were there, she was on a mission from the second she landed in Orlando to get to you. We definitely enjoyed the cupcakes and are spreading the word! Good luck.. I know you'll do amazing there and we'll be back to see you next trip! :lovestruc

10. safetymom

safetymom Super Moderator

11. marypopfan

marypopfan DIS Veteran

I can't wait to go here in March. I have food allergies and this is an awesome suprise that this is here.

12. davebon23

davebon23 Mouseketeer

Thank you for posting. Can not wait to visit with you. Unfortunately, I will have to wait until August to come try your baked goods. Good luck!! Hope you do well in this location and will try to spread the word for you:)

13. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

I was excited to figure out where they were.

Less excited when we actually tasted them. :( Each of us had barely half of our cupcake and couldn't stand to eat more. :sad1: Sorry Emily.

14. davebon23

davebon23 Mouseketeer

Did you know these are allergen free cupcakes and not regular ones? That may be why they weren't as tasty if you expected them to be regular. Just a thought.:)

15. Planogirl

Planogirl I feel the nerd in me stirring

I didn't realize that this was a food court now. Interesting items.

16. danyella522

danyella522 Mouseketeer

I'm so excited about this!!! We will be there next week and babycakes is one of my first stops. I have the cookbook and I've always wanted to go to the actual bakery but I haven't been to NYC in over 5 years. I'm hoping my macrobiotic boyfriend will give it a try!

17. hsmamato2

hsmamato2 <font color=magenta>Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad

thanks for posting- we looked for it and never found it!

18. minniebeth

minniebeth <font color=green>I count on y'all to keep me up t

Even if they were the allergen free cupcakes she was referring to, that's not a good sign. We've had plenty of "allergen" free cakes/cupcakes that have been delicious!

19. disfan07

disfan07 DIS Veteran

heres my opinion in these. Some are better than others. I have eaten the ones that are NOT gluten free before from the one in Los Angeles. I LOVE the red velvet cupcake form there that is NOT gluten free. I couldnt stand the gluten free ones in Disney. I have liked everything that is not gluten free from the bakery but in Disney teh ones i liked were the:

Brownie cupcake
    Donuts
    Choc. chip cookies

I did not like:
    Vanilla Cupcake
    Red velvet cupcake

I am just very glad that in LA they sell the non gluten free ones. I am allergic to eggs and peanuts so its great that these exist but i will stick with the regular ones...not the gluten free ones.

20. theworkdogs

theworkdogs Earning My Ears

Thanks for the review. Anyone else like to chime in. We are going in March and want to know what to order.

21. OKraysLoveDisney

OKraysLoveDisney Mouseketeer

We visited Babycakes on Christmas Day; I bought 3 different donuts and 2 of the brownie cupcakes. We loved the donuts, but after one bite of the cupcake I threw them both out and they were not cheap either!

The donuts were a very good substitute to a regular donut, but the frosting on the cupcakes was rubbery and the flavor was very "off" can't even explain it. The cake itself was not bad.

I would return there for donuts and would try something else, too. This whole place was really a great setting offering some healthy yet very delicious looking foods. I hope it does well; they were quite busy when we visited the bakery.