baby shower ideas?

pixiewings71

<marquee><font color=deeppink>Sweet!!! Totally!!!!
Hi all,
I don't post here much but I do read and was hoping to get some ideas. I'm throwing a baby shower for my DD20 and I was wondering what kind of ideas everyone has. I've done a few things, I bought bottles and bubble bath at the 99 cent store and filled those but I'm looking for other ideas. Food ideas, decorating ideas? Games we will play the baby food game, the memory game, the bingo game and I'm making up one of my own using names but I'd love any other thoughts anyone might have.

Just had one for my SIL - we did baby bingo, we put the baby's name on a tree in a little bag (or in a balloon) have everyone pick one & the one with the correct name wins. Another thing if you don't want to play typical games, give everyone a ticket then make them earn more by asking ??s like; are you wearing same color as Mom to be or is your b-day close to due day, then having gifts for the games have them put their tix in a gift of choice & draw winner. You can ask as many ??s as you like & they build on the # of tix-more chances for them to win. Depends on how many you have at the shower & how much you want to do!!! Have fun!!!!

I helped host a baby shower for a friend last year during the fall. We had the usual baby games that you mentioned. Also the safety pin game where everyone is given a pin and if someone hears them say the word "baby" they have to give up their pin. At my baby shower the hosts asked my mom and mother in law questions about when my husband and I were babies and people had to guess who was who. Like "who liked to climb on the top of the toilet?" (that was my DH by the way :scared1: )

It was an 11am shower. For food, I did pumpkin muffins (since it was near Thanksgiving), chicken salad and croissants, cucumber sandwiches and chips and salsa from mom-to-be's favorite restaurant. Instead of a cake I made her favorite dessert which is one of those chocolate dump cake things with cake, pudding and whip cream. I did some other stuff but can't remember now. I'll try to think of some more.

Just google baby shower tips or games and it will give you a bunch of ideas! Good Luck!

BTW, I was born in Fairfield, CA on Travis AFB! Small DISworld!

I helped host a baby shower for a friend last year during the fall. We had the usual baby games that you mentioned. Also the safety pin game where everyone is given a pin and if someone hears them say the word "baby" they have to give up their pin. At my baby shower the hosts asked my mom and mother in law questions about when my husband and I were babies and people had to guess who was who. Like "who liked to climb on the top of the toilet?" (that was my DH by the way :scared1: )

It was an 11am shower. For food, I did pumpkin muffins (since it was near Thanksgiving), chicken salad and croissants, cucumber sandwiches and chips and salsa from mom-to-be's favorite restaurant. Instead of a cake I made her favorite dessert which is one of those chocolate dump cake things with cake, pudding and whip cream. I did some other stuff but can't remember now. I'll try to think of some more.

Just google baby shower tips or games and it will give you a bunch of ideas! Good Luck!

BTW, I was born in Fairfield, CA on Travis AFB! Small DISworld!

That's the other one we played!!!! The safety pin/clothes pin game-thanks!!!

have all your guests bring a pair of baby socks. Bring a laundry basket and unfold all the socks and put them in the laundry basket. Give each guest a minute to see how many socks they can match. Who ever gets the most in a minute wins!!!

Foodwise.....Bake bread and put blue or pink coloring in it to make the bread blue or pink for sammys. Do Mini..aka "baby" finger foods.

decoration wise, i used rubber duckies for everything.....for our door prize, we used a baby bath tub and filled it with water and used the mini rubber duckies and had guests put their names on the bottom and float them in the water and had the mom to be pick one out for the door prize.

Another great thing is have an extra prize for everyone who brings baby wipes-hopefully the mommy will never have to buy wipes!!!!

These are so great!! Thank You all so much. We don't know yet if she's having a boy or girl, she's only 14 weeks along but she's moving next month and I wanted to do this before she leaves. We are playing the safety pin game, only we are using clothes pins. :) I love the colored bread, maybe I can do that but swirl it so it's pink and blue. :) I love the socks and baby wipes, I'll ask everyone to do that! Keep the ideas coming please, your input has helped a lot!
Thank YOU!!

I had two baby showers and this is what we did. With the invites we sent out a poem--about instead of getting a card to please get a book for baby. If you want the poem I can get it. We also played a couple of games. Guess how many inches mommy to be tummy is. Also they had a list of questions about what mommy would want the baby to be name, occupation, etc. I can also get the questions if you need them. We also did the poop in the diaper with candy bars and name that baby food.
The book thing was great she got so many great books with messages to her.

I like the book idea, that's really fun, if you could PM me the poem that would be great. We aren't doing the tummy measure because she's only 14 weeks. We are having this very early because she is moving next month and she will be 10+ hrs away. I can't take time off to go to a shower for her so we are doing it before she leaves. I'm sure she will have another one when she gets where she's going and is a bit farther along. :) Thank you for your help! :)

I just made these for my friends baby shower next weekend. The "baby" is made from a pack of diapers and you could use a neutral color for the outfit. The "roses" are made from baby washrags. I am also making a baby shower version of pigs in a blanket using those little Smokey sausages and wrapping them in crescent rolls to resemble a wrapped up baby.

September2008041.jpg

I usually make a "cake" out of diapers and I also do a bouquet and corsage for the mom made out of baby washcloths and baby socks... ....oh and for my shower when I was pregnant with my son we also did the books instead of cards...now he's two has an endless supply of books and everytime we open a book to read there is a message from whoever gave him the book:lovestruc :lovestruc ...now I'm preggo with our daughter and due on halloween...no one will tell me whats going on at this shower but it's co-ed this time around...the dad's are going to play "guess the poop" it's kinda gross but funny...you melt one kind of candy bar in a diaper and they have to guess what kind of candy bar it is....:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts