Baby Monitor

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by dsneybride, Jan 24, 2010.

1. dsneybride

dsneybride Mouseketeer

How old was your child when you stopped using a baby monitor in their bedroom? TIA!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mjkacmom

mjkacmom DIS Veteran

I never used monitors at night (we were all on the same floor), and I stopped during the day when they were in beds, and could come down.

4. RangerPooh

RangerPooh DIS Veteran

We stopped using one when we moved houses and no one was in a crib anymore. Our oldest was 3.5 yo and our youngest was almost 2 yo.

5. Syrreal

Syrreal DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>I just prefer havin

We'll probbaly use ours for a while since his room is on another floor at the opposite end of the house.

6. katied

katied DIS Veteran

DS's room was right across the hall from ours. We'd close his door at night, leave our open, and stoped using the monitor when he was about 1 yr old.

7. lucynme

lucynme Are we there yet? I can (almost) see the Castle!

mine just turned 6, sleeps on the same floor, and we still have an audio/video monitor we use...call us over protective, but it's what we are comfortable with...I guess we'll reevaluate when he's say 14?!? {;o) :rotfl:

8. Syrreal

Syrreal DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>I just prefer havin

At 14 you might want to keep that monitor going :rotfl:

9. nmmom95

nmmom95 <font color=teal>I'm a pregnant lesbian in an inte

I stopped when they were 5, but I'm a nutjob sometimes.

10. DisAmyK

DisAmyK Mouseketeer

I stopped using the monitor when my first child was 4. We have a 2yr. old, and I probably won't stop using it until she is about 4 also.

11. bxtx

bxtx Mouseketeer

I move the monitor into the hallway so I can hear if anyone is up and about! My boys are 8,5 and 2.5.

12. lucynme

Syrreal, do have children? If you had any idea what it took to get him here you wouldn't be mocking...and at 14, if I feel the need, I WILL keep it on!

13. lucynme

This is a very good idea, if ever there is a 2nd, may need to steal this! Thanks!

14. mjkacmom

mjkacmom DIS Veteran

I don't think she was mocking you and calling you overprotective, I think she was making a point that teens might be doing things that need to be monitored (and as someone who really didn't use one, I'd love to have one for dd13, who is on the third floor by herself, equiped with a cellphone, laptop, and webcam!). :scared1:

15. Mickeypooh99

Mickeypooh99 DIS Veteran

My boys are 8 and 9. We still have a monitor in both rooms. My 8 year old has night terrors and sleep walks so we like to hear when he gets up. We probably don't need it for the 9 year old, but I was glad we had it Thursday night when he woke up with the stomache flu and was calling to us.

Their rooms are on the 2nd floor while ours are on the main floor.

I do laugh at myself for still using monitors, but it works for us.

I totally get the comment about needing it when they are 14. I'm sure I'll be wondering what they are up to at that age. :rotfl:

16. mousebymarriage

mousebymarriage DIS Veteran

Relax, She wasn't mocking you, she was joking about how teens can be and the trouble they can get into. If my parents would have had a baby monitor when I was a teen I would have been so busted.:)

17. mousebymarriage

mousebymarriage DIS Veteran

OP, I used a baby monitor until my youngest was 4, he is 8 now.

18. wdwmom0f3

wdwmom0f3 Disney Bound!

No kidding! It's very tempting.:rotfl2: I stopped using our monitor when my youngest was about four. :)

19. jimandami

jimandami DIS Veteran

We stopped using ours at night when the babies starting sleeping through then night...with DS at 3 months and DD at 7 months. We are all on the same floor and if either one of them make the slightest noise, I wake up. If I hear them loudly and they are really crying, I will go to them. I think the biggest problem with a monitor is that if you hear them on the monitor, you want to go to them. A great part of the time, they will go back to sleep on their own if you give them the chance.

20. PiperPizzaz

PiperPizzaz DIS Veteran

Mine is nearly 4.5 and I have no intention of getting rid of it any time soon.

21. couponclary

couponclary Earning My Ears

We keep one on all the time for our almost three year old little boy, but mainly it is used for when we are down in the basement at night and he is two levels upstairs.