Baby Food- To Check or Carry On?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by MILLER Disney Fans, Nov 10, 2009.

1. MILLER Disney Fans

MILLER Disney Fans Earning My Ears

We need some advice and we are not sure who to turn to... we are traveling to Disney World for a 9 day stay in the park with our 10 month old baby. We have 9 days worth of baby food and formula and we cannot figure out the best way to transport it on the airplane. The food is all over 3 oz. for carry-on purposes. I am worried if we put it in our checked luggage, the seal on the containers will break and the food will leak and spoil. Nine days worth of food may be considered excessive to allow us to carry onto the airplane.

Does anyone have any advice for us? Thank you!

Your fellow Disney fans from Columbus, OH

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DisneyAnne

DisneyAnne Earning My Ears

You can ship it directly to your resort.

Example
    Label it:

your name-guest
    Walt Disney World
    your resort's name
    address
    Lake Buena Vista, Florida

:)

4. Tozzie

Tozzie DIS Veteran

They won't allow 9 days worth of baby food or formula in carry ons. you have three choices, your checked luggage or using a grocery delivery service, garden grocer and we go shop are two or you can go shopping on your own. GL

5. Carriemel

Carriemel Emma Clare's Mommy

Is the formula powdered? If it's powdered, you can carry on as much as will fit in your bags. The baby food will have to be checked. We have flown with the Gerber tubs of food quite a few times and have never had a problem. The glass jars fly very well, too.

6. Hannathy

Hannathy <font color=darkorchid>When I stop laughing I will

Pack the baby food in zip lock bags then if any break it won't go all over your clothes. I will second that it flies very well never had one break but you never know.

7. DisneyBry

DisneyBry Earning My Ears

we just got back from Disney last month and we were able to bring food items for our 3 year old as carry on, he had his juice in a sippy cup and he had some fruit, they checked the liquid and we carried it on both leaving and coming back...we flew southwest, if your not sure call the airline and check with them...here is the link to the info on the southwest website

http://www.southwest.com/travel_center/travel_alert.html

8. Carriemel

Carriemel Emma Clare's Mommy

Really doesn't matter what the airline tells you. They don't control what gets through a checkpoint and what doesn't.

9. crashbb

crashbb DIS Veteran

You can take a reasonable amount on (enough for 24 hours), you cannot take 9 days worth.

It sounds like what you took would fall under a "reasonable" amount.