Babies Travel Lite - Opinions on using this service

CBearandQP

Earning My Ears
Was just looking for opinions from people who have used the Babies Travel Lite service. We will be travelling with a then 10 month old. We figured it may be easier to have them deliver formula and some baby food, etc. to our stateroom rather than try to pack that stuff in our suitcase since we are flying.

Any other tips for travelling with a 10 month old are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

We used them a few years ago and it was wonderful. We also flew and it was great not to have to pack all those diapers. The box was waiting in our stateroom when we arrived. Don't forget swim diapers. When we did it in 2010 it was cheaper to buy things individually, not in a bundle so be sure to price it both ways.

We ended up ordering from Amazon for delivery to the ship because they didn't have the brands we want. That worked fine as well, if you prefer that. But the concept (not packing diapers, etc.) is great!

We used them in 2010 sailing out of Dover. It worked really well for us since we had been traveling for 2 weeks prior to the cruise and packing 4 weeks of diapers would be insane (or buying them in Europe where they cost so much more). I will say I was really stressed though wondering what would happen if the box didn't show up. You are sacrificing a little piece of mind until you get on board and check the order.

We brought our grandchildren on a cruise in Jan., one of which was still in diapers. We just packed a box and shipped them to the ship. It worked great and they were in the room when we arrived.

Both times we've stayed at a resort the night prior and had diapers.com deliver to the resort. They've been great and on time every time. Plan to use them again this time.

Beware the shipping costs. Make sure you add everything you'd want to your cart and calculate the shipping. The first time we tried it, they wanted more for shipping than the cost of our total items! I decided to try again for our upcoming cruise and not only were the products cheaper elsewhere, but the shipping was more than what I would be paying in baggage fees for a single suitcase dedicated to DS's needs, plus the bonus of having that suitcase empty to carry home souvenirs.

We brought our grandchildren on a cruise in Jan., one of which was still in diapers. We just packed a box and shipped them to the ship. It worked great and they were in the room when we arrived.

This will work for diapers and wipes, but not formula or other food products.

How does it work sending either Amazon or Diapers.com to a hotel? Do I need to let the hotel know ahead of time? Do I just address it to my name in care of the hotel? Then do you just check it with your bags onto the ship? Trying to figure out the logisitics! I will be sailing to Alaska with my 17 month old, so really just need diapers, wipes would be small enough for my luggage and she basically eats what we eat now at 12 months, so food is also not really an issue. But, on that, can I bring aboard things like Goldfish crackers or squeezable applesauce if the bag/box has not been opened? Just thinking it would be nice to have a few go tos in the room! I might just pack a bag full of diapers and have it for souvinears, but just exploring the options!

I just did a cruise this Feb with my 10 month old. I took two huge containers of formula, I packed one box of diapers, they were split up a little in the bottom of each suitcase, one bag of baby food (the formula containers were also in this bag) and two packs of 80 count baby wipes. It was easy and manageable.

I used the plastic 2-packs of Gerber baby food and about 4 big jars of stage 3 foods. She ate alot of the breads served with dinner and whatever they already had mashed. When they offered pasta, I got that without the sauce. She also ate the oatmeal at breakfast, although I had packed some oatmeal packets. We flew Southwest and you get 2 free checked bags, so it was very doable. The stuff she used freed up some space for souvenirs.

I didn't do baby travel lite because I usually use cloth and the only disposables I like are the Target brand. I didn't think they would offer those so I had to bring them myself.

I had no problems with TSA or customs clearing baby food or her huge water bottle filled with water.
I did get a pack of Disney disposable placemats. These were nice to put on the tables, you peel off the sides and they stick to the table. This way I didn't have to worry about her grabbing dishes and dropping them on the floor and germs of course.

How do you have something delivered to the ship from Amazon or Diapers.com?? What is the address??

I just discovered Babies Travel Lite wants to charge me $25 in shipping fees, but I can get the same items delivered from Diapers.com for free because my order is over $50!

One more question - has anyone used this service for milk? Will they put it in your stateroom's refrigerator for you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!