BA - LHR to MIA .. your thoughts please

TraceyL

Always planning........
Doing a few new things this year. Usually fly with Virgin, from Gatwick into Orlando.

How do these compare with this year's choice ?

:Pinkbounc

I've flown with BA to Orlando, and prefer them (only slightly) to Virgin, but I don't know whether the service varies on the Miami route.

I'd be interested in any feedback on this too, as we'll be flying in to Miami next year, but with Virgin from gatwick, so not the same as your question! :rolleyes:

We've done BA to Miami and Virgin to Miami ( as well as both to Orlando).

Both airlines trotted out their oldest planes in honour of our trip ( it could just be me as that happens when I go to MCO too :o )

Unless they've changed it since, no seatback TVs so it's crane your neck to see the screen time (!) but then again last time we flew with Virgin to Miami, several of the seatback TVs weren't working and so those poor souls had no in-flight programme at all.

To be honest, I'd still use either of them to get to Miami - the age of the plane and the amenities on them seem to be luck of the draw so we make sure we have reading material etc. - and both have good crews, but having flown with American Airlines in October to NY, I'd also consider them now too, and I believe they fly direct to Miami.

....... I should add that it's quite a trip if you are driving straight to Orlando off the flight. We're usually visiting relatives in Boca before we go to Orlando so only have an hours drive, but last time we went to Vero and even that was quite a lengthy trip after a long flight. ( DH began to get very sleepy on the drive - tiredness and the very straight road playing their part).

Thanks Shirley. My DB who works for BA assures me that all their Florida flights have seatback TVs :confused:

We've got internal flights from MIA to MCO with American Airlines (who I would have booked the whole trip with if it wasn't for this Chap 11 business) included - so no long drive :D

Hi

We flew LHR to MIA with BA in February this year.

Flight was ok... we did have seatback TV's, seats in world traveller were comfortable for the variations in our sizes....DH is tall and I could do with losing a few stone!!

The main draw back was the distance driving to Orlando.....four hours plus a stop when you are exhausted and in the middle of torrential rain is no fun at all.

Karen

we flew into Miami last year - if you are flying up, then I would make sure you have plenty of time to clear customs - it took hours.

We drove up, we stayed overnight at a Miami airport hotel (I priceline'd it and we stayed at the Hilton for £40), then we got up at 5am due to jetlag, and where in Orlando by 10am, I wouldn't consider driving up the night you fly in, it's too dangerous to drive when you are tired, and you don't lose much time by waiting until the morning.

Bev

I have flown into Miami once before - 1993 - but can't remeber much about it. We drove up that evening without too much of a problem - but do't particularly want to so that now we've got the girls.

We've been told that the connection time at Miami is =< 1 hour - I'm not convinced !

We flew BA from LHR to Miami Feb 02 and the plane, food, service, seat back TVs etc were all excellent, exactly the same as BA Feb 01 Gatwick to Orlando!!

We drove straight from Miami to Hard Rock Hotel last year, as DH is good at sleeping, he had rested on the plane and drove, we arrived at HRH about 2am (UK time) so not too bad, as long as you're not delayed. We had stayed at the airport the night before at Heathrow so hadn't got up too early. That was with 3 children, and they slept a bit soit was nice to be ready togo on the first morning of our holiday!!

We had also paid £550 for 5 seats inc taxes, so it was worth it (to Miami)!!

..... told you it was me and not the airline LOL :teeth: !! However Fiona, when Janice and I flew with BA to MCO in May last year I'm afraid they provided one of their older planes (no seatbacks!!) ...both ways!!

I'm glad to hear that they are providing some modern planes ..... for <i>some</i> of us :teeth: !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter