BA & Children

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by Magic Megadegs, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Magic Megadegs

Magic Megadegs Mouseketeer

I wonder if any of you have flown BA with children - we have flown Virgin before and know they give the children bags etc but do BA offer any children only perks on their flights to the States (Economy)?

2. DisneyDanielle85

DisneyDanielle85 Mouseketeer

I don't have children but my Sister in Law does and when we flew BA to Scotland from the US they did not provide her kids with any fun goodie bags or entertainment. I believe all they offered was a special kids meal choice.

3. 2Tiggies

2Tiggies DIS Veteran

We just flew with them and got nothing for DD. I watched to see if the younger kids across the aisle got anything but they did not. They came round a few hours after take off and half heartedly asked to anyone who was listening "Anyone want a bag?" It was one of those cheap school gym bags with the draw string that the school kids put trainers in. Erm, no thanks.

Generally the kids packs on the flight are never anything special. DD is 10 now so she sorts her own entertainment out for the flight but I used to make my own little surprise bag (with pens/pencils/crayons that had (1) more than 4 colors! and (2) that worked!) I would put in a bag of kids crackers, a few pieces of candy and something for her to do, like a small puzzle, a Rubix cube one year - anything small and light. She takes a book to read now which is nice and easy

4. Magic Megadegs

Magic Megadegs Mouseketeer

Thank you, how disappointing! Someone told me over the weekend the stewards run a little tuck shop for the children etc which sounded cute but never mind!!! I have done the bag thing before as well, I used to buy one small thing a month to put on it, lol. May do that this time although ds loved the films etc x