[b]june 1, 2013 magic med 7 day[/b]

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by valbob89, Jan 25, 2012.

1. tinkertaylor05

tinkertaylor05 DIS Veteran

Do they have an iPad app? Not used this before if not will just have to not be lazy and charge my phone up.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bobbiwoz

bobbiwoz I'm happy to dance with you!

Hi! I just thought of adding our names to this cruise! We're Bobbi & Tom and we're doing the EBTA and this one! June 1, 2013 willbe our 45 Wedding Anniversary and we will also be celebrating DH's retirement.

I look forward to meeting you all!

Bobbi:goodvibes

4. disneynme

disneynme Mouseketeer

So can I change our dining now, or do I have to wait until we board? I think if I could change it now, I will make it the main dining. It seems like that would be easier to change on-board if we decide differently later. I just can't see us eating so late every night for a week. One or two nights would be okay, but I don't think we could do a whole week.

We are going on a short cruise in May and have the early dining for that one. I think that might be the way to go. If we have early dining and get in late on Rome day, we could still eat at the quick-service place or room service, right?

5. Disney mam

Disney mam Mouseketeer

I think so, I am sure it was available on app for them before the android app.

Welcome, and a huge congrats on your impending Anniversary.:)

I think you can change it now, may even be easier to do it now because I have read that you can get wait listed when the ship starts to fill up.

We are going to eat topside or order room service after Rome (if we miss our dining slot).

6. Kirbo

Kirbo Runs with Scissors

:flower3: Congratulations :flower3:

7. HELPDESKGUY

HELPDESKGUY Disney Dad

Those of you who have done an EBTA before and a 7 day right afterwards:

1. How did you and your children handle 21 days on a cruse ship?
    2. Did it ever get dull?
    3. What tips can you give someone one with an 10 and 9 year old child on a 21 day cruise?

We are considering doing the EBTA along with this cruise.
    TIA

8. Kirbo

Kirbo Runs with Scissors

I have the same questions and concerns, but my girls will be 8, days away from nine when we cruise. We've only done two cruises (both 7 day MR on the Wonder) and never got bored. In fact, we were so busy that I'm assuming that on the TA we'll finally get time to laze about! But I do have the niggling feeling that we might get bored.

I do know that it'll be impossible to get bored on the Med portion. I am actually more worried about the girls being too worn out! The two days we are most looking forward to are Pompeii and Rome. I wish those came first. But I'm hopeful it'll all work out.

9. HELPDESKGUY

HELPDESKGUY Disney Dad

ditto!

10. disneylove69

disneylove69 DIS Veteran

Signing on... I am Klara and will be joining you guys on a great trip.:cool1: I live in Wheatland, CA... 40 minutes from Dismon73 and just a little farther to Valbob. Valbob weren't you on the Wonder Panama trip? Your picture looks familiar. I will be joined by my friend who works for AAA which doesn't help because I seem to find better deals then she does. Hopefully the year will go fast.

11. disneylove69

disneylove69 DIS Veteran

Like most people will tell you...
    1. Don't wear a Mickey t-shirt or have your "Castaway Club" lanyard showing.
    2. Carry little money and one credit card.
    3. Use a money belt which you can buy almost anywhere pretty cheap.
    4. Don't look like a tourist.
    5. Be aware of your surroundings but don't get :sick: over it or you won't have fun.
    6. Don't carry all your id's.
    7. Don't keep money in back pockets.

Their are pickpockets every where.

12. Evad

Evad dshPhotography

Count us in as well!!

It will be my dw Sue and I sailing. My Dw will also be celebrating her birthday on June 3rd as well. This will be our 3rd cruise, we have one planned for this coming Sept. out of NYC.

Really looking forward to this one!!! :woohoo:

13. Disney mam

Disney mam Mouseketeer

Welcome both. :)

I will be celebrating my birthday on board too. Well, we will be in Rome also I guess as my birthday is the 5th June. :yay:

14. gehringdg

gehringdg Earning My Ears

Looks like we could be meeting in Sept. We are planning for the whole family to be on the Sept NYC cruise as well. Our youngest two (DD 6 and DS 5) will be joining us for the NYC cruise. We're thinking of flying out of NYC to Barcelona instead of from home (could save ~$600/person).

15. dismom73

dismom73 <font color=darkorchid>It's an illness, I know!<br

Hello all! It's been awhile since I've checked in, been super busy with soccer, gymnastics, and planning my oldest DD's high school graduation. Just wanted to stop in and say "hi". I just booked 7 nights at the Disneyland hotel for this summer for a graduation trip, so once I have that trip planned I will be on here alot more. :thumbsup2

My oldest DD was just asking me this morning if there are any "kids" her age on the thread, she will be 19 at cruise time. This will be her 6th DCL, but the first cruise that she wont be able to go into the teen club and she's worried there wont be anyone for her to hang out with. Now I can tell her, so far there's one! :woohoo:

16. gehringdg

gehringdg Earning My Ears

I was a little concerned that there wouldn't be much for an 18 year old to do as well. He's been on one DCL so far and enjoyed the teen club. This seems to be a strange age (in more than one way :)). No teen club and not old enough for the adult areas. Hopefully, he'll be interested in the history and other cultural activities at the ports. He likes history, so this should be a good trip for him.

17. Whisky In A VAse

Whisky In A VAse Mouseketeer

All getting very excited for this cruise... I am still trying very hard to finish the video from our cruise last May when we went onto the Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Disney Magic. Still feels like days ago, probably because we discuss it everyday... The shows, the meals, the activities, the characters, the weather, the port calls, the fireworks, exchanging gifts with the Fish Extenders, DISNEY MAGIC was just magical.... Can't wait to do it all again.... Check my signature and you can see the video's, think the cruise starts on Day 10... Very happy memories... :banana:

18. dismom73

Actually, the adult areas are 18 and up. So he can go there if he wants. My DD is looking forward to eating in Palo and going to the adult only pool...mainly to get away from her younger sisters. :rotfl: She is young at heart though, so I know she will still want to do "teen" stuff. I think this cruise will be different from all the others, we will be doing a lot of "tours" and will be off the ship and going a lot more than usual, so I'm expecting the kids(even my "adult" one) to be exausted by the end of each day.

19. Evad

Evad dshPhotography

Thank you all for welcomes!!! :thumbsup2

Looking forward to meeting you. Both cruises should be a lot of fun!!!

20. the great cornholeo

the great cornholeo Hooked!

Okay So I'm finally committing. I'm Dismom's SIL. Me, my DH, and my DS (11 at the time of cruising) will be joing my SIL and her family along with my mom and Dad (as of now).

We will be in 6136 and we come from Newburyport, MA. This will be our 4th cruise and I cannot wait to get back on the boat. Now let's hope that I can afford the plane tickets... Andrea can't you do something about that.:confused3

21. dismom73

YAY :cool1: you finally made it over here! Now you just need to mosey on over to the Feb. 16th Fantasy thread and let them know you aren't going on that one. :thumbsup2 I will help pay for your plane tickets if you help pay for my second cabin. ;)