[b]june 1, 2013 magic med 7 day[/b]

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by valbob89, Jan 25, 2012.

1. valbob89

valbob89 Registered

I have updated the roll call on the first posting.

If anyone else would like info placed on the first posting, please let me know.

Val

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bsusanmb

bsusanmb DIS Veteran

Hey, Terry! Thanks for providing the information and the link to your report. So excited, and Bob and I are reading and studying all we can so we can really appreciate our trip!

4. AngMo44

AngMo44 Earning My Ears

Natalie 37, Troy 38, DD 8, DS 6
    Nashville, TN

5. Evad

Evad Living The Dream

Welcome aboard!!!! :thumbsup2

6. Evad

Evad Living The Dream

Does anybody know if we need to take our passports with us when we go on our excursions?

7. Evad

Evad Living The Dream

Anybody else planning on doing the Barcelona Day Tours that tinker1bell mentioned. I think we may do it. It will help kill some time before our hotel room is ready when we disembark. We were planning on taking a cab to the hotel and getting the hoho pass. The cost will work to almost the same buy taking the day tour and they hold onto our luggage.

8. OrangeCountyCommuter

OrangeCountyCommuter DIS Veteran

I don't think so, but if you miss the boat they might come in useful.

Also, if you want to shop and get the VAT back.

I carry a color copy in my money belt and that has worked for shopping etc.. They really just need the numbers.

9. GIAVANNAANDNICOSMOM

GIAVANNAANDNICOSMOM Earning My Ears

I am looking to come in on the 30 and stay in Spain for 2 nights before the cruise. We are a family of 4 including a 1 1/2 year old and a 9yr old, any suggestions for a nice kid friendly hotel? Also why on earth does Disney not guarantee non-stop flights? I've never heard of such a thing! Now I'm having to book air and hotel myself...uggghhh:badpc:

10. MickeyWatch

MickeyWatch Mouseketeer

I would recommend the Gran Hotel Havana. It is close to Las Ramblas and best of all for the kids it has a pool on the roof. We first stayed there when my daughter was 7 on the night prior to our Disney cruise and it was great to relax by the pool while recovering from jet lag.

11. bsusanmb

bsusanmb DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone for all of your posts. I am learning a lot and finding information. Booked my flights, pricey! From PHL to Barcelona few seats left! Arriving day early, leaving following day. I ended up booking my incoming night via Disney in the Marriott Hotel. What was a good deal for me was that by booking with them, we could purchase Disney transfers which includes from airport to the hotel and then from hotel to ship. Problem was that Disney sold out their blocks of rooms on debarkation. I was able to book at the Hilton, which is Disney's preferred hotel, so I could get Disney transfers included to the hotel, but they will not take us back to the airport the next day. Sometimes I find Disney unreasonable, but hey, I love Disney, so I put up with it. Booked proposed excursions, Palo dining and brunch, spa and did on line check in. Whew! Glad I retired 2 weeks ago or I don't know how I would have time to do all the reading I have done. Bought several books at Barnes and Noble and love reading about the cities we will be touring. Now to think about what to pack and wear! Would love to do FE, but worried about luggage space. Some of my excursions seem pretty darn lofty for a 63 year old...better practice walking at a fast pace for 2 miles over rough and rocky terrain:scared1:. Time is flying by!
    Susan and Bob

12. AngMo44

AngMo44 Earning My Ears

Evad- We are using Barcelona Day Tours for touring Barcelona on the 31st.

GIAVANNAANDNICOSMOM- Hotel Duquesa de Cardona is what we found with a "reasonable" (relative term) price for a family of four. We booked ours just last month when we booked the cruise. I Googled some online discounts that we applied to the room rate. We had quite a time searching out a room for 4 in BCN. Every other place wanted us to get 2 rooms.

13. Evad

Evad Living The Dream

Thanks this is good to know. I plan on make copies as well. :thumbsup2

14. lilpooh108

lilpooh108 DIS Veteran

We usually leave copies with family at home in addition to bringing it, in case I don't have it with me if something happens and I need them to fax/email it to me.

15. Evad

Evad Living The Dream

Very good!! I think we are going to book a shared tour for June 8th.

16. Evad

Evad Living The Dream

Very good point!! I'll do that as well. :thumbsup2

17. Evad

Evad Living The Dream

This part made me laugh!!!! Got to love Disney's wording.

Good luck with the rest of your planning, seems like you have everything covered!!

18. OrangeCountyCommuter

OrangeCountyCommuter DIS Veteran

What I have started doing is scanning and emailing to myself. I can encrypt my office email so that's what I do and then I can access it if I ever need it. The document I email also has all my credit card info and the numbers to call.

My boyfriend does have a copy of my passport and my mother leaves one in her desk at work so.. we have multiple backups. (Probably the reason we have never needed one!)

My best advice is "wear a money belt" Stick that passport, credit card, debit card etc in there. Europe is much safer then the US. You aren't going to be held up a gunpoint, so if your valuables aren't just hanging out of your purse or back pocket then it's unlikely someone will get them. I have gone to lots of those "OMG They have pickpockets everywhere places" with no problem. But if they do steal my wallet I don't think 20 or 40 Euros is going to ruin my trip. I won't be spending hours on my cell cancelling credit cards etc.....

(And men, NO you can't "feel" the pickpocket reach in your back pocket and lift your wallet. They are professional at this.... )

Called today and prepaid the tips... Also added transport from the hotel to the port. I am not 100% sure we will take this, just depends on what time they want us on the bus, but... I figure if nothing else it's 'pricey' luggage transfer so I don't have to deal with it :)

19. JustAnnieNotHazel

JustAnnieNotHazel Are we there yet?

Just to let all FE participants know that I have emailed the group lists to everyone today. If you don't get an email, please let me know.

Secret Mickey participants I will be closing the exchange around mid April in case anyone else signs up :)

20. Kirbo

Kirbo Runs with Scissors

:welcome:

I had to check in three cabins this weekend (we are silver and were able to check in at 90 days) and am grateful that I could get the rest of our family onto the same excursions that we signed up for. But I didn't get them Palo reservations for brunch or dinner. I'm hoping that I can add them to our reservations once on board.

I'm getting very excited! :yay:

21. heathervincent

heathervincent Earning My Ears

Does anyone know the entertainment schedule - live shows - for this cruise? Thanks!