[b]june 1, 2013 magic med 7 day[/b]

Three ladies of a "certain age" are very happy to be joining this cruise:dance3:

It is me - Julie, my mum - Pam and my sister - Carolyn all traveling without partners for various reasons.

Please could we be added to the roll call and fish extender list

Disboard name - Milliesmum
location - Yorkshire and Cumbria, UK
DCL cruises - This is my 7th, mums 5th and sisters 2nd cruise
late dinner
stateroom 6644
Join FE - Yes

Welcome!! :banana: I've added you to our Med Cruise website and I haven't put up any of the FE info on that site yet but when I do, you'll be added to it. We're happy that you'll be joining us!

Three ladies of a "certain age" are very happy to be joining this cruise:dance3:

It is me - Julie, my mum - Pam and my sister - Carolyn all traveling without partners for various reasons.

late dinner
stateroom 6644
Join FE - Yes

Welcome :goodvibes we're on all female party, myself, my mum and my dd. Good to have some more seasoned cruisers on board, expect questions ;)

Hi Everyone, I haven't posted in a few weeks or so. We just got off the Magic last Friday 4/6 doing the Western Caribbean. We had several "horn wars" with the Fantasy as she was on her maiden voyage along side of us at several ports. It was quite a site - all the camera flashes from the people on the Fantasy, the people on the beaches, and even on the nearby Royal Caribbean and Costa ships made us feel like rock stars! The Magic still has her Magic!

We had a spectacular room host and a great dining team. I told them all they better still be on the Magic when it goes to the Med in 2013 and we'd seem them all then!

Cindy

Sounds fabulous :cloud9:

Welcome aboard!!!! :thumbsup2

late dinner
stateroom 6644
Join FE - Yes

:welcome: to all those recently booked. :)

Last day off work today.

The boys have been off school for 2 weeks (Easter holidays) and I booked 2 weeks also. The first week I took them away and that left this week to browse more information on the different private tours offered in Italy.

Most seem to have the same sort of price range of about 500-600 euros for 4 persons. You can reduce the price by creating your own group if you wished. I found one company who charges £99 per person for the Italian trio which will take you to all 3 areas. Will have to contact them though as they seem to have a set itinerary and I need to take some things out as I only want to do half day at Pompeii and only take my kids to Pisa and skip Florence. So, I will fire off an email soon.

Hope you are all well.

:welcome: to all those recently booked. :)

Last day off work today.

The boys have been off school for 2 weeks (Easter holidays) and I booked 2 weeks also. The first week I took them away and that left this week to browse more information on the different private tours .

awwww it's always rubbish going back to work! I've been looking at private tours too, found a couple that looked really good the limo/black bus type tours. Some advertised worked out around 100 euros per person if there's up to 7 or 8 people, looks great that was for a full day pick up at port the works. Definitely think its the way forward :thumbsup2

Hi Tracey, my DD Eliza noticed that she is listed on the website as being 14 yrs old at the time of the cruise but she will actually be 11. Can you change that?

If anyone else has a DD that will be 11 at the time of the cruise, she is good at emailing and enjoys it. PM me for her email address.

Cindy

Hi Tracey, my DD Eliza noticed that she is listed on the website as being 14 yrs old at the time of the cruise but she will actually be 11. Can you change that?

If anyone else has a DD that will be 11 at the time of the cruise, she is good at emailing and enjoys it. PM me for her email address.

Cindy

All fixed! Sorry about that. Looks like you had twins!

Is anyone else eager to start planning? I am trying so hard to show some restraint until its at least a year out when the flights are released but it's soooo hard :cutie:

Is anyone else eager to start planning? I am trying so hard to show some restraint until its at least a year out when the flights are released but it's soooo hard :cutie:

Driving me crazy not knowing what airfare is going to look like....

seems so so far away...

I am a planner, and usually start making plans waaay ahead of time. Just ask my SIL who is going with us on this trip, and gone our our last 2 Disney cruises. However, I only seem to be able to focus on 1 big vacation at a time and since we are going to DL in July for DD's graduation trip I am focused on that one right now. The day we get back from that trip I will be researching tours and such for this trip. :thumbsup2

I got this link from this thread on here, someone has posted some prices, but I don't really know where they got them from.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2915236

Here's the thread though.
I just got off the phone with DCL. The price for the package for our cruise is $2299 (adults) and $2179 (4-11). Looks like we are going to have to look at the excursions before deciding to do this. These prices triple the cost of the cruise for us.

I just got off the phone with DCL. The price for the package for our cruise is $2299 (adults) and $2179 (4-11). Looks like we are going to have to look at the excursions before deciding to do this. These prices triple the cost of the cruise for us.

Darn, probably not in the cards for us because of the price. With airfare it's a bit too much but very very fun to dream about!

Being a total dcl newbie I must be missing something here, I don't see the attraction of doing all the excursions with Disney? Forgive my ignorance, I'll be sorting out our own excursions, maybe even just hot foot it on local transport a couple of the ports.

It's nice to see what Disney will be offering just unnecessary for me :goodvibes

Being a total dcl newbie I must be missing something here, I don't see the attraction of doing all the excursions with Disney? Forgive my ignorance, I'll be sorting out our own excursions, maybe even just hot foot it on local transport a couple of the ports.

It's nice to see what Disney will be offering just unnecessary for me :goodvibes

I am totally the same as you (DCL newbie and the like). I didn't intend on doing ABD, just nice to see what info they are putting out there. If the prices were reasonable enough I may consider doing 1 excursion (if it appeals to me).

I guess we are excited to find more information being released even if we are not considering using them. :)

I am totally the same as you (DCL newbie and the like). I didn't intend on doing ABD, just nice to see what info they are putting out there. If the prices were reasonable enough I may consider doing 1 excursion (if it appeals to me).

I guess we are excited to find more information being released even if we are not considering using them. :)

I was hoping to be able to see what a ABD package was like and that the prices would be substantially lower since the lodging and food was already provided by the ship. I've heard they are a great way to see and learn about the places they go. Also, never being to Italy or Europe for that matter, it's a little daunting to think about doing excursions on our own. Hopefully, the excursion pricing will be much less expensive than ABD. Our biggest problem right now is figuring out the cheapest way to get to Barcelona and then spend a week after the cruise on our own and getting back home. We really are excited about this trip, just want to make sure we do it right!

Hello! We are hoping to book this cruise while on board the Dream this summer. We originally had a (non-Disney) Med cruise planned for this summer, but the outrageous airfare knocked us out, and we decided to postpone until next summer. In the meantime, hubby was scheduled to go to Orlando in June for business, so he decided we should take a Disney cruise while we were there! To be honest, I would be pretty freaked out if I was going to Europe in a couple of months! So now I've got a whole year to plan and watch airfare. Travelers will include myself and my DH of 20 years (next year) and our DS who will be 14, and our DD who will be 10. We will likely be traveling out of Chicago O'Hare, but from where we live, St. Louis, Memphis, or Nashville are all within a 3 hour drive. The only other country we've ever visited is Mexico, so we are excited and nervous as well. But the fact that we've chosen to sail with Disney helps to ease some of my nervousness. (Knowing how Disney goes above and beyond in the customer service dept!). So hopefully I'll be able to tell you to officially add us to the meet thread in July!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter