"B" Bunch say Bye Bye

figmentvi

DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>Lightning Rod Extra
Cast:

Me – Obsessed with Walt Disney World
Chuck – Puts up with my obsession
Holly – Oldest daughter, has been the beneficiary of my obsession most of her life
Tim – Dear son-in-law, Army soldier recently returned from a year in Korea
Andrea – Youngest daughter, also beneficiary of my obsession, became known as the “fast pass girl” this trip.
Sydney – Hula Hula girl, 3 year old Granddaughter

Wenesday, December 13 –

Today is the day that I have NOT been looking forward to the whole trip. The kids are leaving. Chuck and I are staying another 4 days by ourselves which is really nice and I was looking forward to it, but I just hate, hate, hate saying goodbye to my family. Because we live in the Caribbean, I don’t get to see them as much as I want to. However, it has been trips like this one and the memories that we have created, that carry me through till the next time I see them.

Since the kids only had 4 day Hopper passes, they were not able to go back to MK to pick up character pictures they had taken and so Grandpa Chuck volunteered. I had the sneaking suspicion he was up to something and Christmas morning proved me right. The little devil also went shopping.

Sydney loved the pool and slide at WL and wanted to spend the morning there, so we put her in her Hula Hula girl outfit and spent a lovely morning poolside. Grandpa soon came back with some terrific pictures.

The dreaded time had arrived and Chuck and I took the National Car Rental shuttle to the Car Care Center (we were renting a car for the rest of our stay). Tears, smiles, hugs, kisses and promises to drive carefully were exchanged and off we and they went.

As I mentioned earlier, Chuck and I live in the Virgin Islands where we are “shopping challenged”, so we headed off to the nearest Wal-mart Super Duper Store to load up on much needed clothes and other essentials. As soon as I walk into one of these stores I start to hyperventilate. So many choices !!!!! So cheap !!!!! The one thing I don’t like about the “real world”, as we call it, is all the people and all the traffic. So we were extremely happy to head back to the sanity and peacefulness of the WL.

Later, Chuck and I drove to Boardwalk to walk around and see if we would like to stay there on our next trip. After some discussions and even thoughts about DVC, we decided it was just too “busy”. We then walked across the International Walkway to Epcot (love that part) and headed to our PS at Le Cellier. We were seated within five minutes and were the recipients of a wonderful meal. Service and food were terrific. Love, love that pretzel bread and cheddar cheese soup. After dinner we headed over to the American Pavilion to check out the line for the Candlelight Processional. Huge !!!! So we decided to pass on and catch the next TON. Still enchanting.

Did some more strolling around and headed back to Boardwalk via the Walkway. Stopped to check out Jellyrolls. Still early and no one was there yet so we vowed to come back later in the week. We did stop into the Big River Grille and Brewing Works for couple of their microbrews. Good stuff.

Well for the past couple of days, I have been fighting what is obviously becoming a bad cold and I’m losing. So we then head back to WL and a Nyquil induced sleep.

Tomorrow: Golf in the Kingdom

I know you are sad and glad to say goodbye. Glad that you get some "alone" time in Disney and sad to say goodby to your family. Hope that cold goes away soon.

hipgrl1.gif
<FONT COLOR=Red> Co-Chat Mistress</font>
<FONT COLOR=Red>Instructional Chat Co-Host
</FONT>
<font color=Blue> Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board</font> <font color=green>http://www.wdwinfo.com/merchandise/index.shtml</font>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter