Awning question?

terri01p

DIS Veteran
We were just wondering if the camp sites at FW have room to put our travel trailer awning out, have heard some of the sites are very tight. Also are the picnic tables covered ? And could someone tell me are most sites, sand or grass?Thanks so much.

We had plenty of room to put our awning out, I don't believe they are THAT tight.... But I can't speak for all the sites. We were in the 800 loop, and our group took up about 1/2 the loop. We all had plenty of space in the sites.

The sites we had were nice and level, you park on a concrete pad, and there was a sandy/fine stone area next to you (under the awning) and a bit behind you, then some grass.

Hope this helps! I tried to locate a picture for you, but I couldnt find any with enough detail.

Have a wonderful trip!

:bounce:

We leave in 3 days!!!!

We have been to FW numerous times and yes some of the sites are too tight to put out the awning. Most of those sites are in the lower numbered loops. I've been in the 300 and 700 loop and could not put my awning out completely. Last time we were in the 1700 loop and had plenty of room. Those sites were much larger.

Here's a link that has input from campers on the sites and their sizes. www.disneycampers.com/Loop Pages/Campsite_X_DBase.htm.

If you can't get to that link, just go to www.disneycampers.com.
:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Most of the sites are big enough. However, some of the preferred sites are crowded together and could be a problem. Be sure to tell the CM that books your site the size of your camper. Here is the link to the FW website, go to the virtual tour and there is a tour of a typical campsite that will give you a good idea of what they look like. The picnic table is not covered. The parking area is paved and very level. There is an area behind the parking pad where you can set up a tent or dinning cover over the table.

When you make your reservation you should tell them if you have an awning or slide out. We have always had a site that could accomodate our equipment. We have been in the 100 loop on our last 2 trips and had plenty of space for camper, bus (25 ft tow vehicle), awning, slide out and clothes line.

Also, sometimes it's not as much a matter of the site being too tight as that there might be a tree close to the concrete pad that would obstruct the awning. As has been said, you can note the awning in your reservation, and when they assign your site they will take it into account. :)

Yes mom2bandp, you are so right on the trees sometimes being the obstacle. Yes the sites are usually plenty wide but it's that occassional tree or the posts near the sewer/water hookups. We have 3 slides and an awning and sometimes it's rather tricky to get the camper in a site where we can put all the slides out and the awning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter