Awesome Website is virtual pedometer/garmin!

Discussion in 'W.I.S.H' started by goldcupmom, Mar 3, 2006.

1. goldcupmom

goldcupmom <font color=black>BL6 Black Team Co-captain<br> <f

I found a website advertised in a magazine when I had DS19 at the dentist yesterday. It is www.gmap-pedometer.com .

You can zoom in on your streets and click out your route and it will give you supposedly accurate distances without using a pedometer. I did my walk to the gym and it seemed pretty accurate. I was impressed!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. beckmrk04

beckmrk04 <font color=red> Considers naming first-born Coca-

Thanks for the site!! I've been doing 1 mile with my dog. For anyone else who tries to use the site- maybe I'm just slow- but it took me a minute to figure out how to use it. Hit record then double click to set your points.

4. beckmrk04

beckmrk04 <font color=red> Considers naming first-born Coca-

I'm bumping this thread because I had to search for it again- took a new walking route and was curious to see how far I went.

Now that the weather's nice, I'll be walking outdoors more often!

5. TammyNC

TammyNC <font color=red>WISH Biggest Loser/Red Team</font>

Thanks for the site. I believe I had seen this once before but had lost my bookmark.

6. lovetheparks

lovetheparks DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>My Uncle found ou

Neat Site! When I walk the dogs it's almost a mile.

7. bigolive9

bigolive9 DIS Veteran

That is awesome! Our walk with our dogs is about 1 mile! Now I don't have to buy a pedometer!

8. brandip22

brandip22 Busy obsessing over my next trip!

That's a great site! I started walking today and was wondering how far and how many calories I burned!! I know it's not exact on the calories since I was walking really fast to a tape, but it's better than nothing!! I walked over 1.5 miles- yay!

9. mousepartygrl

mousepartygrl in Sunny Newport Beach, CA

Thank you for sharing that site. :thumbsup2 I love it - I have been walk/running back bay in newport beach and had no idea what the distance was. I got a little carried away and looked up Disneyland! I'm always there and walk from the parking lot to the park and have often wondered how much distance I covered between both parks. :yay: