Avoiding Extra Magic Hours!

disneydad1000

Mouseketeer
I know most people love EMH'S but we are one family who avoids it almost 100%. We plan our park days to miss the EMH. If you go into the Magic Kingdom on a Sunday we've found it alot less crowded because in Aug when we go, Saturday is EMH til 1 or 2 am so Sunday as always been a good day in the Magic Kingdom for us. Granted we go every year so we don't need to spend every waking second in the parks,also we always take 2 days (usually the first and last day) to just enjoy the resort we are staying at. Other families must do the same thing, not just us right????

I tend to avoid the park that has early morning extra magic hours but I love to go to a park that has them in the evening. In the morning I find the parks fill up too fast and would much rather be getting those first 2 hours in at park with lower attendance. But that being said the best time I've ever had at a park was taking my DD5 to Magic Kingdom from 8pm-12am. It was much cooler outside the queues actually weren't that long (and it was the middle of June) and it was so lovely to ride the rides all lit up. So I would not write EMHs off completely.

x
Dora

I understand what all of you are saying, we've gone 10 yrs in a row and EMH is not for us, I was just curious to see if we were alone. It seems that we are, I respect all of your opinions, we've done EMH 4 yrs in a row.Seems now we have such a better time avoiding them, but I do appreciate your opinions and thank you for them.

No, of course you're not alone. Yes, plenty of people select the EMH park. That's precisely why people like Josh at easywdw.com do not recommend going to the EMH park. It's the most crowded. It makes sense to go to another park if you don't have hoppers. We rarely buy hoppers, so we go by the crowd calendar park recommendations. On the rare occasion that we do have hoppers we would probably only do one or 2 morning EMHs, and one evening one at MK during a week's stay.

I'm really glad to see evening EMH at MK moving to Wednesday. It made no sense to have it on Saturday when that's already a really crowded day.

It is typically advised to avoid the park with EMH, however if you have a Park Hopper you can enjoy the EMH time and then flee to a less crowded park, or conversely, hop to a park for evening EMH. That's how I approach it.

I totally agree. And yes, having PH is the key here. We never go without 'em, but I understand many folks do not do hoppers.

However, folks who go to WDW once every couple or more years and are staying onsite feel that EMH is a benefit that they paid for, and I'd be hard-pressed to argue against it.

We'll have to try to avoid days w/ morning EMH in the future (We rarely stay there being semi-local) as it's more busy than would be otherwise (surprisingly so)

We'll have to try to avoid days w/ morning EMH in the future (We rarely stay there being semi-local) as it's more busy than would be otherwise (surprisingly so)

Agreed.

If you are not staying at a WDW Resort, you cannot attend AM EMH.
And, if you cannot attend AM EMH, you should avoid going to the AM EMH park on that day.
By the time you can enter, that park will already be busy.

I know most people love EMH'S but we are one family who avoids it almost 100%. We plan our park days to miss the EMH. If you go into the Magic Kingdom on a Sunday we've found it alot less crowded because in Aug when we go, Saturday is EMH til 1 or 2 am so Sunday as always been a good day in the Magic Kingdom for us. Granted we go every year so we don't need to spend every waking second in the parks,also we always take 2 days (usually the first and last day) to just enjoy the resort we are staying at. Other families must do the same thing, not just us right????

I understand what all of you are saying, we've gone 10 yrs in a row and EMH is not for us, I was just curious to see if we were alone. It seems that we are, I respect all of your opinions, we've done EMH 4 yrs in a row.Seems now we have such a better time avoiding them, but I do appreciate your opinions and thank you for them.

No, of course you're not alone. Yes, plenty of people select the EMH park. That's precisely why people like Josh at easywdw.com do not recommend going to the EMH park. It's the most crowded. It makes sense to go to another park if you don't have hoppers. We rarely buy hoppers, so we go by the crowd calendar park recommendations. On the rare occasion that we do have hoppers we would probably only do one or 2 morning EMHs, and one evening one at MK during a week's stay.
Yes, we avoid the emh parks also. Much prefer low crowds to high crowds.

We always avoid EMHs and generally that park during the day. We often go in the evening, tho, after the early risers have left for the day.

We just left evening extra magic hours at Epcot and it was great. No lines and lots of fun. Soarin had a 15 minute wait, I have never seen that before. We enjoy evening magic hours because it lets us sleep in and then stay late. We avoid morning magic hours.

Where is the calendar that shoes the EMHs?

Virtually all WDW calendars show EMH.

While NO calendar is (or could be) 100% accurate,
the WDW Travel Agent Calendar is consistently the earliest-listed
and best-maintained (frequently updated) of all of the on-line calendars.

Here's the entire year of Travel Agency Calendar listings.

The months' dates will automatically update to the newest info
(as in, change from 2015 to 2016 )
as soon as that new month's info becomes available.
That time should be some date between the 9th and 20th of the month
7 months prior to the beginning of the "new" month for which info is being sought.

Click for>> January TA Calendar (Posted the preceding Mid-June)

Click for>> February TA Calendar (Posted the preceding Mid-July)

Click for>> March TA Calendar (Posted the preceding Mid-August)

Click for>> April TA Calendar (Posted the preceding Mid-September)

Click for>> May TA Calendar (Posted the preceding Mid-October)

Click for>> June TA Calendar (Posted the preceding Mid-November)

Click for>> July TA Calendar (Posted the preceding Mid-December)

Click for>> August TA Calendar (Posted the preceding Mid-January)

Click for>> September TA Calendar (Posted the preceding Mid-February)

Click for>> October TA Calendar (Posted the preceding Mid-March)

Click for>> November TA Calendar (Posted the preceding Mid-April)

Click for>> December TA Calendar (Posted the preceding Mid-May)

-----------------------------------------

I know most people love EMH'S but we are one family who avoids it almost 100%. We plan our park days to miss the EMH. If you go into the Magic Kingdom on a Sunday we've found it alot less crowded because in Aug when we go, Saturday is EMH til 1 or 2 am so Sunday as always been a good day in the Magic Kingdom for us.

We used to religiously attend every single morning EMH. Went off-season so crowds were not a big issue, always had and used park hoppers, grabbed tons of fastpasses, wanted to maximize time in the parks. Over the years, we started avoiding morning EMH. We found parks (especially HS) sometimes more busy at 8am on EMH morning than at 9am on regular day. Last trip was first trip with FP+, we have come full circle: no park hoppers, and planned park days specifically to avoid EMH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter