avoiding Automated telephone questions when calling WDW?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Babsy, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Babsy

Babsy DIS Veteran

Is there a way to call WDW and not wade through the endless questions? It doesn't save time when you finally speak to an agent they ask the same questions again anyway.

It's a waste of time and long distance charges.

TIA

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. RookieLady

RookieLady Mouseketeer

Immediately reply that you want to speak to a person. I have used "person" and "human being" and been routed to a live person, even when the request is not related at all to the question I was asked. Please note that you will get in line after other people who have called ahead of you. I used to always do this, which is why I know how to do it. However, I have learned the questions they ask (especially the dining line questions) and it's faster to talk to the computer, if you interrupt it. Be careful about talking slow though because if you go to fast, it interrupts you and you get to the person anyway. Okay at the beginning of the call but a little aggravating if you are almost done with the computer.

4. snykymom

snykymom Still tagless after all these years

I just hit 0 several times, and I am routed to a person.

5. outahere

outahere DIS Veteran

That seems to work with a lot of automated systems, not just Disney. If the repeated zero trick doesn't work, my DW also sometimes just keeps repeating "help" over and over until she gets connected to a rep.

6. GrammyJudy

GrammyJudy DIS Veteran

I jut say want to talk to a person right at the beginning and usually get put right through, no music etc.

7. I Love Pluto

I Love Pluto DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>I guess that make

I have begged the machine to allow me to talk to a person. That machine never liked me!

I will try the repeated zero method. Thanks! :thumbsup2

8. tinkerbellybutton

tinkerbellybutton DIS Veteran

I just don't say anything, and eventually get put through to a human!